GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Questions about cats..."

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Tue 01/04/03 at 10:29
Regular
... well, all animals really, but cats for sake of argument here.

We can kinda make the assumption that cats can talk to eachother, as can dolphins and the like, but is the language they use regional?

Do cats from a different country speak a different language, so much so that cats from the UK don't understand what they say? Like a French cat going "Mrowwwww" and a UK cat saying "Nah, still ain't got a clue what you're on about."

Also, do you think they have regional accents? Like brummie cats speaking almost unrecogniseably(sp) like their human owners?
Wed 02/04/03 at 14:33
Regular
"95% organic"
I wrote:
> My cat speaks fluent french, but unfortunately I don't, so we
> communicate mainly through 'semapaw'...

semaphore/semapaw... geddit?

BWAAAAAAAAAAAAAA HA HA HA

[still sobbing with laughter]
Wed 02/04/03 at 14:17
Regular
"95% organic"
My cat speaks fluent french, but unfortunately I don't, so we communicate mainly through 'semapaw'...

BWAAAA HA HA HA

[actually crying with laughter at my own hugely amusing pun]
Tue 01/04/03 at 20:39
Regular
"Selected"
I don't think the majority of animals 'talk' as such, they make noises to express emotions...like a high pitched squeal to denote pain.

Most animals communicate with physical movements like these crazy birds that jig to find a mate - thats what i do.
Tue 01/04/03 at 20:21
Regular
"bit of a brain"
I have lots of cats, but none of them belong to me.
And I hate each and every one of them.
Tue 01/04/03 at 20:17
Regular
I would have thought meowing is just to get attention. Like saying 'Get over here!'. Then they purr and rub up against you until you get them food.

But, really, they communicate through scent and their eyes.
Tue 01/04/03 at 17:18
Regular
"cachoo"
My cat is weird. He says "Macowww".. Sounds like he says MacDonalds too. My other cat doesn't speak though.
Tue 01/04/03 at 10:52
Regular
"Laughingstock"
Regional accents I doubt.
Their meeows are very expressive though. Much more complex than dogs. I think they communicate vocally more with humans than they do with each other.
Tue 01/04/03 at 10:44
Regular
"Back from the dead!"
monkey_man wrote:
> I don't think so, they communicate by scents and stuff.

OK, then use a different animal for the example, one that does communicate vocally...

> If I went to France and spunked on a Frenchman's fence, he'd get the message.

Unrelated, but interesting...
Tue 01/04/03 at 10:31
Regular
"Pouch Ape"
I don't think so, they communicate by scents and stuff. If I went to France and spunked on a Frenchman's fence, he'd get the message.
Tue 01/04/03 at 10:29
Regular
"Back from the dead!"
... well, all animals really, but cats for sake of argument here.

We can kinda make the assumption that cats can talk to eachother, as can dolphins and the like, but is the language they use regional?

Do cats from a different country speak a different language, so much so that cats from the UK don't understand what they say? Like a French cat going "Mrowwwww" and a UK cat saying "Nah, still ain't got a clue what you're on about."

Also, do you think they have regional accents? Like brummie cats speaking almost unrecogniseably(sp) like their human owners?

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Easy and free service!
I think it's fab that you provide an easy-to-follow service, and even better that it's free...!
Cerrie
Impressive control panel
I have to say that I'm impressed with the features available having logged on... Loads of info - excellent.
Phil

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.