GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Pikmin 2 and no Ethernet"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

This thread has been linked to the game 'pikmin 2'.
Tue 26/07/05 at 15:56
Regular
What a lovely interview with Iwata and Miyamoto! Pikmin 3, Smash Brothers DS, Luigi's Mansion 2... All very encouraging in that interview.

Also NOA seem to have revealed the reason for the lack of RE5 on the Revolution:

Revolution hasn't actually been unveiled yet so what exactly can Capcom show hmmmm???

Apparently Dev Kits have gone to a series of key developers including Capcom. So a more encouraging time for Nintendo.

Still gonna get a 360 though.
Tue 26/07/05 at 20:02
Regular
AfroJoe wrote:
> Nope. That's not Nintendo's way of working, and you know it.
>
> "We are not in direct competition with Sony and
> Microsoft."
> "We will not include online play."
> "We will not be including a hard-drive."

So I see you haven't paid any attention to what Nintendo have had to say over the last 12 months at all.

Nintendo are having to rush through their plans for revolution because Sony and Microsoft are releasing next gen systems so damn early. But they are rushing them through. Nintendo aren't ready? Well they are, but in the same way the DS was. Wasn't finished until just before release.

The Gamecube's 3 years on the market is pathetic. Nintendo didn't want this. But they have no choice.

So many gamers living in the Sony restricted world.

I like Microsoft's obsession with online play, taking games to a new level.

I like the sound of what Nintendo are saying and finalising in order to show to the public.

I do not like the same old games anymore. Games have become boring. The DS shows some interesting ideas but again there is still so little there.

I hope the 360 and Revolution do as it promises. Because the industry needs a change.
Tue 26/07/05 at 18:53
Regular
"Mozzy"
I read on Gamesradar that Nintendo US are trying to convince Capcom to do a RE5 on the Revolution.

Or something like that anyways....
Tue 26/07/05 at 18:49
"period drama"
It wasn't really a lovely interview ...
It's wasn't really very much at all.
Tue 26/07/05 at 17:32
Regular
"sdomehtongng"
Nope. That's not Nintendo's way of working, and you know it.

"We are not in direct competition with Sony and Microsoft."
"We will not include online play."
"We will not be including a hard-drive."

It's just not Nintendo's way of doing things. If they were like that, they'd have had Gamecube games online, and wouldn't be dismissing a hard-drive for the Revolution.

They have been in direct competition, as much as they've tried to deny it over the years. But they're adamant that they're not, and so waiting to see what the competition has to offer is not Nintendo's style. They weren't ready. Simple as that.
Tue 26/07/05 at 17:17
Regular
Or they were waiting to see what the competition had to offer first...
Tue 26/07/05 at 17:13
Regular
"sdomehtongng"
Dringo wrote:
> Oh I forgot Afro Joe knows everything.

What's wrong with you? You quote a statement that was so blindingly obvious in the first place and expect people to go, "Oh yeah, I suppose that's right after all"?

> Capcom are massive supporters of Nintendo. It doesn't make sense that
> they'd cancel a franchise that has just created a fan base on a
> Nintendo format. Especially with the announcement of a DS RE.
>
> Of course it could be exactly what NOA say, that Capcom may still
> announce the title for Revolution, Watch This Space.

They might, but my point was that the reason they haven't already is because of Nintendo being behind the competition in terms of... well, everything.

> How do you know what Nintendo are and not ready for?

Are you actually joking? At E3, Nintendo showed just how far behind the competion they actually are by revealing NOTHING. I don't care if they show a box which they claim is the Revolution; there was no footage, there were no specifications, and they obviously haven't even got a controller ready. To me, Nintendo have shown their lack of urgency, and are only just realising now how stupid not being ready for E3 was.
Tue 26/07/05 at 17:03
Regular
Oh I forgot Afro Joe knows everything.

Capcom are massive supporters of Nintendo. It doesn't make sense that they'd cancel a franchise that has just created a fan base on a Nintendo format. Especially with the announcement of a DS RE.

Of course it could be exactly what NOA say, that Capcom may still announce the title for Revolution, Watch This Space.

How do you know what Nintendo are and not ready for?
Tue 26/07/05 at 16:12
Regular
"sdomehtongng"
Dringo wrote:
> Also NOA seem to have revealed the reason for the lack of RE5 on the
> Revolution:
>
> Revolution hasn't actually been unveiled yet so what exactly can
> Capcom show hmmmm???

Haha, seriously?!

And all that time we thought Capcom just ignoring Nintendo because they're Nintendo rather than because they're a bunch of incompetent fools who aren't ready for the next generation. My my, how stupid we've been.
Tue 26/07/05 at 15:56
Regular
What a lovely interview with Iwata and Miyamoto! Pikmin 3, Smash Brothers DS, Luigi's Mansion 2... All very encouraging in that interview.

Also NOA seem to have revealed the reason for the lack of RE5 on the Revolution:

Revolution hasn't actually been unveiled yet so what exactly can Capcom show hmmmm???

Apparently Dev Kits have gone to a series of key developers including Capcom. So a more encouraging time for Nintendo.

Still gonna get a 360 though.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Great services and friendly support
I have been a subscriber to your service for more than 9 yrs. I have got at least 12 other people to sign up to Freeola. This is due to the great services offered and the responsive friendly support.
Just a quick note to say thanks for a very good service ... in fact excellent service..
I am very happy with your customer service and speed and quality of my broadband connection .. keep up the good work . and a good new year to all of you at freeola.
Matthew Bradley

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.