GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Sven, Sven, Sven Goran Eriksson..."

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Mon 31/03/03 at 16:45
Regular
As the song by Bell and Spurling went. We all celebrated as the Krauts were thumped 5-1, their second and worst defeat in World Cup qualifying. We all went nuts when we got to the World Cup quarter-finals. but now its gone downhill. 2-2 vs Macedonia. 2-0 vs Leichestein. Sven's only lost one competitive match, but the -er- incident against the Aussies with two teams told us something- He's losing his iron grip.
In 'Seven days that shook Sven' we were told of how he had risen from a poorly skilled right-back with ameteurs Degefoers, to become a great coach and motivator and went up the football ladder. His policy of youth helped us, bringing in Vassell, Jenas and Bridge. but now it's all gone downhill. My theory is that he has little experience of ATTACK.
Many years ago, when still in Sweden, Sven was a huge liverpool fan. He used the British long-ball tactic, and won many games with Roma and Lazio, outclassing the Italian ways of short passes and running about a lot. He made his fellow Swedes look like turnips. It was a masterplan. That is, until the fateful dayt he became England manager. The long ball game theory helped him develop his game, and therefore a squad. But he had too much faith in our youth system. as gerard Houllier said, "In Itasly, France, Spain and Germany there are about 30 exceptional youngsters coming through. But in England there must be at least 50 or 60." I think Sven heard this, and loving experimentation with tactics (As well as the type of experimentation he gets up to with Nancy...) and this is how he ruined the Australia match, also with his loyalty to the clubs. He then ignored tactics, and played the youth chaps. He was also put down when the long ball game went to a 1-1 draw against his compoatriots of Sweden in the World Cup.
In all, Sven has left tactics and gone for youth, but has also left attack on the bus. He relies on Heskey to play up front with Owen. Emile has been on bad form recently, and spends a lot of time on his backside, with only 4 international goals. He has ignored many in-form men; Dublin, Sheringham and Beattie are always ignored- these chaps are consistent, and skilled. I think Rooney will m,ake an impact- somewhere in between Pele and Owen in size of Impact. I won't mention Maradona due to his little pills, even though he was a pro at 17. Rooney would fit best behind the forwards.
Another of sven's problems- who to play on the left of midfield? england has few good left-sided midfielders. Graeme le Saux and Phil Neville seem solid choices- they can be fullbacks too. And John Terry could also play midfield left- be nice to see a wing-back on the left, and Beckham, he who can cross, as an attacking winger on the right- really confuse foreigners. If only Ryan Giggs had stayed with England after schoolboy level- just 'cos his father played rugby union for Wales. Pkayed under his father's name for England, and when they split up he used his mother's maiden name when playing for Wales. That's very painful. But we really need an attacking left-winger- why isn't Alan Thompson in the squad?

In all- Sven should-
1. Update some of his tactics- football changes a lot in a few years.
2. Stop always believing in youth.
3. Watch more matches to see more talent.
4. Look for a decent left-winger.
5. Remember youth isn't always better than experience.
6. Follow my advice. Champ manager taught me well.
Tue 01/04/03 at 08:17
Regular
"Hellfire Stoker"
Right on! Only thing with Reid is he goes nuts all the time in the dressing room from what I've heard.
Mon 31/03/03 at 20:49
Regular
"An Evil Resident"
Peter Reid would have been a good manager for England... he says what he feels and you get the impression that he would pick joe blogs if joe blogs was playing well at the time.

The media pick the current England team... Sven just does the after match interviews, thats my opinion.

I also think Joe Cole should be in the list of possibles, and Shearer has hinted that he might play again... someone needs to tell Shearer that he must play on wednesday... its his duty... his country needs him!!
Mon 31/03/03 at 19:04
Regular
"Baros!!!"
Sven should of never been manager in the first place, as he is not English. Everybody loved him when we beat Germany 5-1 and Argentina, and then lost faith in him when he scraped a 2-1 win over Slovakia and only got a draw with Macedonia. He may be one of the best managers around, but he should never of been allowed to be England manager.

He also picks the England team by hype rate, instead of form rate. I mean Beattie is the leading goalscorer in the Premiership and never got picked???

Barry is playing his very best football on the left of Midfield crossing in some dangerous crosses aswell as scoring a couple.

Also, what was wrong with beating Leichtenstein 2-0???

We've got to play Turkey on Wednesday and needed to beat both Leichtenstein and Turkey. With Turkey not playing and Saturday and resting, we needed to play a nice relaxing game and win. We scored 2 goals and didn't need to work our socks off to score more and be a tired England up against a strong Turkey side. We got the win and that was the main point.
Mon 31/03/03 at 18:55
Regular
"Formally:Ev][L~DarK"
I think James Beattie should go Stright into First team :D
Mon 31/03/03 at 18:43
Regular
"Hellfire Stoker"
I should say this- reccomended call-ups:

James Beattie
Bobby Zamora
Alan Thompson
Gareth Barry
Alan Stubbs
Steve Watson
Matt Oakley
Kevin Phillips (returning to form!)
Teddy Sheringham

Anyone got any others?
Mon 31/03/03 at 17:46
Regular
"Formally:Ev][L~DarK"
Well, Personally i think that Sven just hasn't got that morale spark, That uplifts the players to play at their best, What have we got out their on the pitch? Some of the best players in the world, Seriously, Brillaint Midfield with Beckham, Our morale lifter he was in the World cup... Dyer at the Brilliant pace he has. And good Attack also with a Strong tight defence.

Thinking about it, Also its not also the manager, Its us. We put Pressure on them i say...

We play the match before its even started,

"eh! We'll beat them 5-nil! Easy!" We say, Playing the match before the Kick-Off!
Mon 31/03/03 at 17:36
Regular
"Yum, Pedigree Chum"
I couldn't agree more Sven only uses players from the premier league instead of looking at division 1 and 2 and also 3 because people like Bobby Zamora are great players and deserve a call to the squad or at least the under 21s
Mon 31/03/03 at 16:45
Regular
"Hellfire Stoker"
As the song by Bell and Spurling went. We all celebrated as the Krauts were thumped 5-1, their second and worst defeat in World Cup qualifying. We all went nuts when we got to the World Cup quarter-finals. but now its gone downhill. 2-2 vs Macedonia. 2-0 vs Leichestein. Sven's only lost one competitive match, but the -er- incident against the Aussies with two teams told us something- He's losing his iron grip.
In 'Seven days that shook Sven' we were told of how he had risen from a poorly skilled right-back with ameteurs Degefoers, to become a great coach and motivator and went up the football ladder. His policy of youth helped us, bringing in Vassell, Jenas and Bridge. but now it's all gone downhill. My theory is that he has little experience of ATTACK.
Many years ago, when still in Sweden, Sven was a huge liverpool fan. He used the British long-ball tactic, and won many games with Roma and Lazio, outclassing the Italian ways of short passes and running about a lot. He made his fellow Swedes look like turnips. It was a masterplan. That is, until the fateful dayt he became England manager. The long ball game theory helped him develop his game, and therefore a squad. But he had too much faith in our youth system. as gerard Houllier said, "In Itasly, France, Spain and Germany there are about 30 exceptional youngsters coming through. But in England there must be at least 50 or 60." I think Sven heard this, and loving experimentation with tactics (As well as the type of experimentation he gets up to with Nancy...) and this is how he ruined the Australia match, also with his loyalty to the clubs. He then ignored tactics, and played the youth chaps. He was also put down when the long ball game went to a 1-1 draw against his compoatriots of Sweden in the World Cup.
In all, Sven has left tactics and gone for youth, but has also left attack on the bus. He relies on Heskey to play up front with Owen. Emile has been on bad form recently, and spends a lot of time on his backside, with only 4 international goals. He has ignored many in-form men; Dublin, Sheringham and Beattie are always ignored- these chaps are consistent, and skilled. I think Rooney will m,ake an impact- somewhere in between Pele and Owen in size of Impact. I won't mention Maradona due to his little pills, even though he was a pro at 17. Rooney would fit best behind the forwards.
Another of sven's problems- who to play on the left of midfield? england has few good left-sided midfielders. Graeme le Saux and Phil Neville seem solid choices- they can be fullbacks too. And John Terry could also play midfield left- be nice to see a wing-back on the left, and Beckham, he who can cross, as an attacking winger on the right- really confuse foreigners. If only Ryan Giggs had stayed with England after schoolboy level- just 'cos his father played rugby union for Wales. Pkayed under his father's name for England, and when they split up he used his mother's maiden name when playing for Wales. That's very painful. But we really need an attacking left-winger- why isn't Alan Thompson in the squad?

In all- Sven should-
1. Update some of his tactics- football changes a lot in a few years.
2. Stop always believing in youth.
3. Watch more matches to see more talent.
4. Look for a decent left-winger.
5. Remember youth isn't always better than experience.
6. Follow my advice. Champ manager taught me well.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

First Class!
I feel that your service on this occasion was absolutely first class - a model of excellence. After this, I hope to stay with Freeola for a long time!
Everybody thinks I am an IT genius...
Nothing but admiration. I have been complimented on the church site that I manage through you and everybody thinks I am an IT genius. Your support is unquestionably outstanding.
Brian

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.