GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Dunking."

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Mon 31/03/03 at 13:52
Regular
Biscuit dunking is a fine art. There are many factors that need to be taken into account before the commencement of dunking, so you're not left with a suspicous stain on your shirt from a dribbled custard cream.

I will now try and lead you through the mine-field of dunking so you may enjoy a nice soggy biscuit, as it were.

First up - which biscuit to dunk?

That depends on what you're drinking. You never, ever dunk into a cup of coffee, only tea and hot chocolate. The digestive is the staple of dunkers the world over. It is the the potato, of the dunking world. Common, and will go with just about anything.

A slightly more exotic variation is the chocolate digestive. Probably best to only dunk this into tea, else the overwhelming chocolatey-ness may be too much more inexperienced dunkers out there.

Ginger nuts - these are pretty much a no go whatever. They completely remove all sense of flavour from the drink, so you're left with what tastes like a hot diet coke.

Rich tea - These are seen as a rich mans dunk, but I'm not too sure why. Careful timing is required, as this biscuit in particular, gets soggy quite quickly.

The custard cream. Huge amounts of care need to be taken with this, else the resulting stain on the shirt will cause much hilarity in the office, which will ensue for many minutes. Tastes a bit crap, as well.

Finally, the bourbon. This is basically the custard cream for hot chocolate, only with a slightly more disturbing stain resulting from any miscalculation of timing.

Tune in next week, when the timing is analysed. We also go in depth with an an exciting feature: What does your biscuit say about YOU?

See you all next week!
Mon 31/03/03 at 13:52
Regular
Biscuit dunking is a fine art. There are many factors that need to be taken into account before the commencement of dunking, so you're not left with a suspicous stain on your shirt from a dribbled custard cream.

I will now try and lead you through the mine-field of dunking so you may enjoy a nice soggy biscuit, as it were.

First up - which biscuit to dunk?

That depends on what you're drinking. You never, ever dunk into a cup of coffee, only tea and hot chocolate. The digestive is the staple of dunkers the world over. It is the the potato, of the dunking world. Common, and will go with just about anything.

A slightly more exotic variation is the chocolate digestive. Probably best to only dunk this into tea, else the overwhelming chocolatey-ness may be too much more inexperienced dunkers out there.

Ginger nuts - these are pretty much a no go whatever. They completely remove all sense of flavour from the drink, so you're left with what tastes like a hot diet coke.

Rich tea - These are seen as a rich mans dunk, but I'm not too sure why. Careful timing is required, as this biscuit in particular, gets soggy quite quickly.

The custard cream. Huge amounts of care need to be taken with this, else the resulting stain on the shirt will cause much hilarity in the office, which will ensue for many minutes. Tastes a bit crap, as well.

Finally, the bourbon. This is basically the custard cream for hot chocolate, only with a slightly more disturbing stain resulting from any miscalculation of timing.

Tune in next week, when the timing is analysed. We also go in depth with an an exciting feature: What does your biscuit say about YOU?

See you all next week!
Mon 31/03/03 at 13:57
Regular
"bit of a brain"
Personally, I'm an Ainsley Harriots' Chocolate Heaven dunker.
Perfection in a brown plastic wrapper with "Ainsley Harriot" all over it.
Mon 31/03/03 at 14:46
Regular
"Laughingstock"
Personally, I don't dunk. I'm anti-dunk. I have a phobia about drinking the bitty biscuity residue that is left in the cup after dunking has occurred.
Mon 31/03/03 at 17:46
Regular
Ah, fear not Mr Glove, for that is covered in week 4!
Mon 31/03/03 at 18:05
"Uzi Lover"
HobNobs are ncie when you don't dunk 'em. But when you do they turn into CrapNobs and taste of err...crap.

The Choco Digestive is the best to dunk, just make sure nothing falls in as drinking the last bit of drink can be a bit disgusting. Soggy Biscuit.
Mon 31/03/03 at 19:40
Regular
"Jog on, sunshine"
Chocolate digestive in Milk.

Can't beat that.
Mon 31/03/03 at 19:58
Regular
mmm......bourbons, i used to LOVE those, then they changed the recipe and they tasted like salt instead of sweet stuff.

hobnobs are nice too.

the only biscuit ive really ever dunked is a rich tea, and your right - it does go soggy, fast. i remember all too well watching the person next to me suddenly lose half of a biscuit, and cry out "aww buggerin bisuict in me flippin tea.", and then fish the remains of the biscuit out of the cup, scalding hands and just making a bloody mess.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Continue this excellent work...
Brilliant! As usual the careful and intuitive production that Freeola puts into everything it sets out to do, I am delighted.
Many thanks!!
Registered my website with Freeola Sites on Tuesday. Now have full and comprehensive Google coverage for my site. Great stuff!!
John Shepherd

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.