GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Are Nintendo taking it a bit too far?"

The "Nintendo Games" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Sun 21/01/01 at 17:16
Regular
Once again, Nintendo are involved in more legal shenanigans. This time, Nintendo have taken it upon themselves to sue Imagine Media (the makers of dailyradar.com).

Read the article at www.dailyradar.com

Apparently, Imagine Media infringed on Nintendo's copyright by producing guides books with...get this, screenshots of Nintendo games(!). Now I can't really see guides selling if they were just pages of text, so I found the whole thing a bit of a sorry/funny affair.

To top it all, dailyradar.com have now decided to suspend Nintendo coverage until court proceedings are over.

It will be interesting to see who wins this one...
Sun 21/01/01 at 17:16
Once again, Nintendo are involved in more legal shenanigans. This time, Nintendo have taken it upon themselves to sue Imagine Media (the makers of dailyradar.com).

Read the article at www.dailyradar.com

Apparently, Imagine Media infringed on Nintendo's copyright by producing guides books with...get this, screenshots of Nintendo games(!). Now I can't really see guides selling if they were just pages of text, so I found the whole thing a bit of a sorry/funny affair.

To top it all, dailyradar.com have now decided to suspend Nintendo coverage until court proceedings are over.

It will be interesting to see who wins this one...
Sun 21/01/01 at 17:42
Regular
"Eric The Half A Bee"
I was just readin about that... Nintendo do seem to get their knickers in a twist over the weirdest stuff!?!
Sun 21/01/01 at 17:42
Regular
"Eric The Half A Bee"
(Read about it on PCF!) :P
Sun 21/01/01 at 19:56
Well Nintendo make big bucks selling £10 guides on how to complete their games, with cheats and stuff. I guess Since Nintendo makes the games and programs the cheats and designs the levels etc...then they should make money off book publishers like this, although only a small amount per picture used in each book.
Guides on the whole I hate, tips should be made freely available, maybe even given away free with games especially Nintendo Games which get released at a £40 price tag.
Mon 22/01/01 at 15:19
Regular
"Eric The Half A Bee"
It seems odd... tips have been given away in Magazines since C&VG first came into publication... Adventure games especially using these tips for tricky problems with the Hobbit, et al.

Although it seems odd that they should suddenly decide they dont like them... equally choosing an Internet only mag...

Maybe Daily Radar presented the tips in a way that suggested they were official Nintendo tips... or maybe they were copied out of one of their tip publications?

Since Daily Radar is a Future Publications mag... and the only other mags reporting on the inccident are other Future publications mags...
Mon 22/01/01 at 15:57
Maybe the Big N, just needs some cash and has decided they need to Sue someone. There was talk 5 years ago of Nintendo sueing people for making Tetris clones, but they never did as there are too many clones and so nobody appart from them have made big bucks from it! It would cost them more to sue everyone than it was worth.
Mon 22/01/01 at 21:29
Regular
"Eric The Half A Bee"
lol... sounds like BT climing they inventnded the hyperlink and trying to charge ISP's for their use! :)
Mon 22/01/01 at 21:53
Exactly everyone knows it was "Al Gore" created the Internet!
Tue 23/01/01 at 19:21
what is nintendos problem they make all these cutesy games but behid the mask is a roaring beast ready to jump on anyone who even thinks about taking any of there money away from them RAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH im a bengal tiger!!!!!
Wed 24/01/01 at 18:29
No, you are an obssessed maniac.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Great services and friendly support
I have been a subscriber to your service for more than 9 yrs. I have got at least 12 other people to sign up to Freeola. This is due to the great services offered and the responsive friendly support.
I am delighted.
Brilliant! As usual the careful and intuitive production that Freeola puts into everything it sets out to do. I am delighted.

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.