GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"FINCH: LONDON ASTORIA LAST NIGHT"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Sun 30/03/03 at 12:45
Regular
Was anyone there last night, I know someone here was cos I remember saying I got my ticket for it and another person said they had too.

Anyway, it ROCKED so much. The supporting band were Brand New which I'd never heard any of their songs but the were sweet too. Not really much to say except we started at the front, pulled back to the middle, and ended on the upper balcony. They played most of their What It Is to burn album and a lot of new material from a new album Nate + Randy Said.

Highlights of the night:
-Nate stage diving on the very first song

-Seeing Finch

-A guy running on stage as the security guys try to grab him, then he stage dived.

-Hearing my fav. Finch song What It Is To Burn

-Moshing

-Shouting at some fat biatch who swore at me cos I was tryna get out. She goes to me "WHAT THE **** YOU THINK YOU'RE DOING"? and I shouted back in her face "WHAT THE **** DOES IT LOOK LIKE I'M TRYNA DO, I'M TRYNA GET THE **** OUT YOU STUPID *****" I really shut her fat hole up.

-We got a real nice carton of Sweet and Sour Chicken for £3.90 from next door afterwards.

Bad Points of the night:

-A small group of drunk teenage fags being complete ****s throwing Argos catalogues around. The group also included to gay ones that kept getting off infront of us all. Everyone was either cheering or saying dude thats sick. In the end someone threw a can at one of their heads. That was outside in the queue.

-Crowd surfers and the F'ing heavy bodies.

And thats it, did anyone else go?

FINCH RULE !
Mon 31/03/03 at 23:39
Regular
"Peace Respect Punk"
Project Mayhem and Three Simple Words rule. Ender was also really good. And they played the B-side to 'Letters to You' (I think it was called 'Worms of the Earth' or something similar...) But anyway. Project Mayhem rules. I wish they were able to play the full version. That would have kicked cheeks of the behind variety. But my mate wants to go to the Golfin' On The Moon tour now... because of me he always seems to watch P-Rock on Sky and now wants to go see some of the bands on there... Mexcellent.
Mon 31/03/03 at 19:51
Regular
" ban the Taliban"
sounds like they played the same playlist at the astoria. Some of their new stuff wasn't amazing. And project mayhem is SOOOOO CRAP, I can't even listen to it. The chorus is cool, but the beginning and electricky bit sux.
Sun 30/03/03 at 15:29
Regular
"Peace Respect Punk"
Highlights for me were Three Simple Words, Project Mayhem (though they only played the very beginning of the song, cos after that it goes all electronic for a while) and then the encore, where they played Ender, then What It Is To Burn. Only problem is by the time they came on for the encore I felt like I was gonna pass out, I was sweating so damn much...
Sun 30/03/03 at 15:22
Regular
"Vote For Pedro"
I was going to go about a month back when they came to Oxford but my brother went and we have this stupid 'arrangement' where if one of us goes, the other doesn't. So I saw Something Corperate two nights later, which was nice.

I was wondering about 15 minutes ago while I was walking home from work, if they played What It Is To Burn at their gigs. You answered that and it really is a great song, one of the best.

Sounds like it ruled. But Argos catalouges? That's just frickin' stupid! I took a beachball with me to SC which went down a treat, but a thousand something page book? Madness.
Sun 30/03/03 at 15:20
Regular
"Peace Respect Punk"
I saw Finch at Portsmouth on Friday. Damn good. Got a bit battered and bruised, but it was all good. Got me a free Finch pin and sticker too. Though the sticker got a bit mashed up in my pocket...
Sun 30/03/03 at 12:45
Regular
" ban the Taliban"
Was anyone there last night, I know someone here was cos I remember saying I got my ticket for it and another person said they had too.

Anyway, it ROCKED so much. The supporting band were Brand New which I'd never heard any of their songs but the were sweet too. Not really much to say except we started at the front, pulled back to the middle, and ended on the upper balcony. They played most of their What It Is to burn album and a lot of new material from a new album Nate + Randy Said.

Highlights of the night:
-Nate stage diving on the very first song

-Seeing Finch

-A guy running on stage as the security guys try to grab him, then he stage dived.

-Hearing my fav. Finch song What It Is To Burn

-Moshing

-Shouting at some fat biatch who swore at me cos I was tryna get out. She goes to me "WHAT THE **** YOU THINK YOU'RE DOING"? and I shouted back in her face "WHAT THE **** DOES IT LOOK LIKE I'M TRYNA DO, I'M TRYNA GET THE **** OUT YOU STUPID *****" I really shut her fat hole up.

-We got a real nice carton of Sweet and Sour Chicken for £3.90 from next door afterwards.

Bad Points of the night:

-A small group of drunk teenage fags being complete ****s throwing Argos catalogues around. The group also included to gay ones that kept getting off infront of us all. Everyone was either cheering or saying dude thats sick. In the end someone threw a can at one of their heads. That was outside in the queue.

-Crowd surfers and the F'ing heavy bodies.

And thats it, did anyone else go?

FINCH RULE !

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Great services and friendly support
I have been a subscriber to your service for more than 9 yrs. I have got at least 12 other people to sign up to Freeola. This is due to the great services offered and the responsive friendly support.
Many thanks!!
Registered my website with Freeola Sites on Tuesday. Now have full and comprehensive Google coverage for my site. Great stuff!!
John Shepherd

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.