GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Daft Punk"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Fri 28/03/03 at 21:26
Regular
I got both their albums last week at Virgin Megastores for a tenner, and may I say, what an amazingly underrated band. They're a sort of dance/techno style - with instruments such as the electric guitar, synthesyser and some heavy bass to boot. I'm sure most of you will have heard of them - One More Time was a big hit over here, crashing into No. 1, but their albums and other singles didn't seem to do quite as well.

Why? Well really, I don't know. Their first album is Homework, which is pretty good - my favourite songs out of the 16 being Revolution 909, Da Funk, Phoenix and Around The World. But what really takes the bullet is Discovery - their latest and quite frankly bloody amazing album. There are two less than homework - 14 - but it's quality over quantity. Notable tracks include One More Time, Aerodynamic, Digital Love, Harder Better Faster Stronger, Crescendolls, Superheroes, High Life and Short Circuit. The others are pretty damn good too.

So am I a lone Daft Punk fan? I certainly hope not, and seeing as these two albums are only a tenner for the pair now, I'd strongly recommend them to anyone. Go on - give 'em a go. Fantastic band.
Wed 09/04/03 at 19:33
Regular
"Bring the beat back"
mikelar wrote:
> I like Daft Punk. I got Discovery when it came out, you got a free
> card with it which had a code that let you download remixes from their
> site. I seem to remember an average Neptunes remix of one of the
> singles on there.....

I got the album and card but i could never get on the site with the song remix's. I'm sure i did everything right but is it worth me trying again if i can find the album.
Mon 07/04/03 at 19:39
Regular
"Look!!! Changed!!!1"
Nah, not an instrumental, has Pharel from the Neptunes (or however you spell it) adding some vaguely soulfull lyrics plus some lifted from the original with the pitch tweaked. I've a record collection of two halfs - one part dancey/vocal house and one hip hop/soul, it's a nice bridging track if I'm trying to stumble from one to the other.
Mon 07/04/03 at 17:40
Regular
"Selected"
Dr Gonzo wrote:
> mikelar wrote:
> I seem to remember an average Neptunes remix of one of the
> singles on there.....
>
> That would be the belting Neptunes remix of Harder Faster Better?

I didn't think it was belting - if we're talking about the same song (the instrumental remix?). Relative to Neptunes production - it was weak.

> Might have to dig up that card and see if the on-line thing still
> works as I never tried it.

I think most, if not all, of the cards 'ran out' in December last year as mine did....shame.
Mon 07/04/03 at 14:42
Regular
"Look!!! Changed!!!1"
mikelar wrote:
> I seem to remember an average Neptunes remix of one of the
> singles on there.....

That would be the belting Neptunes remix of Harder Faster Better? I love that track, not used the on-line card thing but it was on one of the 12 inchers for the single release. Was also a great vocal mash of Around the World, not a propper remix as it was just a lot of MCing over the original track, but still great. Only every heard it on an MP3 which I got through Audio Galaxy (or the like) so not sure if it was original.

Might have to dig up that card and see if the on-line thing still works as I never tried it.
Sun 06/04/03 at 22:39
"I'm back...dorks."
I do like Daft Punk. One of ny favourite songs on Honework is Phoenix and on Discovery Voyager.

BL (used to be known as Ultima Weapon)
Sun 06/04/03 at 21:23
Regular
Pop.
Sun 30/03/03 at 22:12
Regular
"Selected"
Maverick42 wrote:
> By the way, do you actually have any confirmation of that?
>
> [listening to Aerodynamic right now. excellent guitar solo.]

sorry, no conformation, just a guess from me.

Gotta love that solo though.
Sun 30/03/03 at 19:05
Regular
"Hellfire Stoker"
'Spose it's because they're from Paris- Frogs aren't always that popular- If you've ever seen the cds in French petrol stations, they're bull excrement! (no naughty words)
Sun 30/03/03 at 13:29
Regular
"allardini's tagline"
I think they're alright. I first heard Around the World when it came out and thought it was excellent, but that anime video that went with a single last year was quite off-putting.
Sun 30/03/03 at 11:43
Regular
By the way, do you actually have any confirmation of that?

[listening to Aerodynamic right now. excellent guitar solo.]

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Unrivalled services
Freeola has to be one of, if not the best, ISP around as the services they offer seem unrivalled.
Excellent
Excellent communication, polite and courteous staff - I was dealt with professionally. 10/10

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.