GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Placebo - Sleeping With Ghosts."

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Fri 28/03/03 at 06:52
Regular
Oh, such a pleasing name for a band, Placebo. Don't you think? Anyway, because I believe you have to start things in the right direction here is the track list, along with a rating from 1-10. [10 being the highest, 1 being the lowest.]

1.Bulletproof Cupid [Instrumental]- 9
2.English Summer Rain [Always stays the same, Nothing ever changes, English summer rain, Seems 2 last 4 ages.]- 10
3.This Picture [I hold an image of the ashtray girl, Of cigarette burns on my chest, I wrote her a poem that described her world, And put our friendship to the test, And late at night whilst on all fours, She used to watch me kiss the floor, What's wrong with this picture?]- 9
4.Sleeping With Ghosts {Title Track} [The sea's evaporating, Though it comes as no surprise, These clouds we're seeing, They're explosions in the sky, It seems it's written, But we can't read between the line, Hush, it's ok, Dry your eye.]- 8
5.The Bitter End {First Released Single from the album} [Since we're feeling so anaesthetized, In our comfort zone, Reminds me of the second time, That I followed you home, We're running out of alibis, On the second of may, Reminds me of the summertime, On this winters day.]- 10
6.Something Rotten [There's something rotten in here.]- 7
7.Plasticine [Beauty lies inside the eye, Of another youthful dream, That doesn't sell it's soul for self-esteem, That's not plasticine.]- 10
8.Special Needs [Remember me when the one that's silver screened, Remember me when your the one you always dreamed, Remember me whenever your noses start to bleed, Remember me: Special Needs.]- 10
9.I'll Be Yours [I'll be your water, Bathing you clean with liquid peace,I'll be your ether, You'll breath me in, You won't release, I've seen you suffer, I've seen you cry the whole night through, So I'll be your water, Bathing you clean with liquid blue.]- 9
10.Second Sight [Walk away to save your face, You never were a genius, Walk away to save your face, You let it come between us, Walk away to save your face, You never were a genius, Walk away to save your face, You never were you never were.]- 9
11.Protect Me From What I Want [It's the disease of the age, It's the disease that we crave, Alone at the end of the rave, We catch the last bus home, Corporate America wakes, Coffee republic and cakes, We open the latch on the gate, Of the hole we call our home.]- 10.
12.Centerfolds [Come on balthazar, I refuse to let you die, Come on fallen star, I refuse to let you die, 'Cause it's wrong, And I've been waiting far too long, For you to be, Be mine.]- 9

As you can see, it's fairly obvious I have practically fallen head over heals for this album. OK, so it's got a raunchy cover, so obviously I'm attracted to it, but, unlike some of my more recent purchases, it's got substance. I listened to it solidly for about 4 hours last night, and right now I've been listening for it for about 3 hours. And I still haven't got tired of it. The only song that begins to fall behind is track 6, Something Rotten... Stick that up your áss and eat it Mr.Datsuns. Ah, if you've heard "The Bitter End", and you even remotly liked it, trust you in me, you'll love this album... [Wow, I reviewed somthing!] *****
Sun 30/03/03 at 12:03
Regular
"Cardboard Tube Ninj"
After lstening to it for a decent amount over the past few days, I have to say that I think Something Rotten is one of the worst tracks they've ever done. It just grates against me.

It's a great album though, even if none of the songs are yet to reach out and properly grab me.
Fri 28/03/03 at 16:46
Regular
"Bicycle"
Hah, that's what I thought. Before getting this album. Their album is OK, but it still pales in comparison to the mighty Sleeping With Ghosts. "Harmonic Genarator" is cool for a while, but it gets boring so damn quick! As does "In Love" and "The Build You Up To Bring You Down".
Fri 28/03/03 at 16:39
Regular
"allardini's tagline"
Yeah, Placebo are pretty good. But The Datsuns rule!
Fri 28/03/03 at 16:23
Regular
"Cardboard Tube Ninj"
My copy should have arrived on Monday, I'm still waiting. Sodding internet mail order companies... Found an imported Japanese Nancy Boy EP, 7 tracks, 17 quid. Haven't actually been home for more than 6 hours since yesterday morning so I've not had a chance to listen to it.

I'm going to see them in April.
Fri 28/03/03 at 14:11
Regular
"Bicycle"
Yeah... I heard they were going on tour, but forgot to find out anything :(. My ex went to an AVRIL LAVIGN concert... She hates her. Well, I though there would be loadsa young teeny boppers, but apparently there were only fat people. Food for thought?
Fri 28/03/03 at 10:40
Regular
"not dead"
I'm going to see Placebo on Tuesday.

I've got the album, but have only had time for one listen, whilst I was doing other things, so didn't really pay much attention to it.
Fri 28/03/03 at 06:52
Regular
"Bicycle"
Oh, such a pleasing name for a band, Placebo. Don't you think? Anyway, because I believe you have to start things in the right direction here is the track list, along with a rating from 1-10. [10 being the highest, 1 being the lowest.]

1.Bulletproof Cupid [Instrumental]- 9
2.English Summer Rain [Always stays the same, Nothing ever changes, English summer rain, Seems 2 last 4 ages.]- 10
3.This Picture [I hold an image of the ashtray girl, Of cigarette burns on my chest, I wrote her a poem that described her world, And put our friendship to the test, And late at night whilst on all fours, She used to watch me kiss the floor, What's wrong with this picture?]- 9
4.Sleeping With Ghosts {Title Track} [The sea's evaporating, Though it comes as no surprise, These clouds we're seeing, They're explosions in the sky, It seems it's written, But we can't read between the line, Hush, it's ok, Dry your eye.]- 8
5.The Bitter End {First Released Single from the album} [Since we're feeling so anaesthetized, In our comfort zone, Reminds me of the second time, That I followed you home, We're running out of alibis, On the second of may, Reminds me of the summertime, On this winters day.]- 10
6.Something Rotten [There's something rotten in here.]- 7
7.Plasticine [Beauty lies inside the eye, Of another youthful dream, That doesn't sell it's soul for self-esteem, That's not plasticine.]- 10
8.Special Needs [Remember me when the one that's silver screened, Remember me when your the one you always dreamed, Remember me whenever your noses start to bleed, Remember me: Special Needs.]- 10
9.I'll Be Yours [I'll be your water, Bathing you clean with liquid peace,I'll be your ether, You'll breath me in, You won't release, I've seen you suffer, I've seen you cry the whole night through, So I'll be your water, Bathing you clean with liquid blue.]- 9
10.Second Sight [Walk away to save your face, You never were a genius, Walk away to save your face, You let it come between us, Walk away to save your face, You never were a genius, Walk away to save your face, You never were you never were.]- 9
11.Protect Me From What I Want [It's the disease of the age, It's the disease that we crave, Alone at the end of the rave, We catch the last bus home, Corporate America wakes, Coffee republic and cakes, We open the latch on the gate, Of the hole we call our home.]- 10.
12.Centerfolds [Come on balthazar, I refuse to let you die, Come on fallen star, I refuse to let you die, 'Cause it's wrong, And I've been waiting far too long, For you to be, Be mine.]- 9

As you can see, it's fairly obvious I have practically fallen head over heals for this album. OK, so it's got a raunchy cover, so obviously I'm attracted to it, but, unlike some of my more recent purchases, it's got substance. I listened to it solidly for about 4 hours last night, and right now I've been listening for it for about 3 hours. And I still haven't got tired of it. The only song that begins to fall behind is track 6, Something Rotten... Stick that up your áss and eat it Mr.Datsuns. Ah, if you've heard "The Bitter End", and you even remotly liked it, trust you in me, you'll love this album... [Wow, I reviewed somthing!] *****

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Easy and free service!
I think it's fab that you provide an easy-to-follow service, and even better that it's free...!
Cerrie
Second to none...
So far the services you provide are second to none. Keep up the good work.
Andy

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.