GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"VIP Hosting mail form problems"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Fri 26/12/08 at 21:04
Regular
Hi Everyone!

I got a few websites with freeola. Pay freeola webfreedom for hosting. I had two of the websites upgraded to VIP hosting, and now the mail form doesnt work (PHP).

It says this when details are posted from HTML page to PHP script.

[email protected]). /home/sites/vip9********* /httpd/ cgi-bin/ question-rus.php not world executable

Tried to use the same html and php codes on other "non-vip hosted" sites on the old WebFreedom hosting, and it still works ok...

Anyone know what happened and why VIP based scripts now dont function?

KRegards,

Yaro

P.S. Worst of all, I cant Regrade the VIP Hosting, it gives an error. :-(
Tue 23/09/14 at 19:31
Regular
"Feather edged ..."
ketangudka wrote:
This works now - not sure what worked though. Thanks for all your help.

Glad that you are now 'sorted' :¬)
Tue 23/09/14 at 01:16
Regular
This works now - not sure what worked though. Thanks for all your help.
Mon 22/09/14 at 23:13
Regular
"Feather edged ..."
ketangudka wrote:
Does the freeola email address need to be associated with the domain name?

Have you read this?

Your form should be something like this:

input type="hidden" name="recipient" value="[email protected]"

input type="hidden" name="from" value="[email protected]"

Here, 'mywebsite.com' is your domain name hosted at Freeola.

It has to be a Freeola hosted domain.
Mon 22/09/14 at 22:45
Regular
If I use the form to mail script, it still does not work..

You can check out the same form again which I have modified to use the form to mail script. The form seems to submit but I still don't get any email.

Does the freeola email address need to be associated with the domain name?
Mon 22/09/14 at 07:20
Regular
Also I had a look at the form to mail script and once you strip out the extra captcha rules, it boils down to the same mail() function,
Mon 22/09/14 at 07:12
Regular
I have now included a From: in the header and made sure that there are new lines in the message to break it up.

In fact, the message initially was very simple and small.

Which line breaks when you change the to address?
Sun 21/09/14 at 14:23
Staff Moderator
"Meh..."
Thanks, found it.

It does behave slightly oddly, and I'm not sure it's entirely correct (might be worth you looking over this ).

If you change the address in the "to" field, the code falls over at the first line...

Slightly more complicated in as much as it's not using our own form to mail script, and generally we'd only provide actual support on our own side of things, but we'll take a look and send a solution in a support ticket if we find anything.
Sun 21/09/14 at 14:01
Regular
It's already on the site - do you want the details?

htdocs/jiyan/birthday1/script/rsvpsubmit.php

website is http://www.gudkas.com/jiyan/birthday1/rsvp.html
Sun 21/09/14 at 13:06
Staff Moderator
"Meh..."
You'll need to put it in place on your site, so that we can access it as a visitor would. If the page is active, we would then be able to see where the error is by testing it to see where it falls over.
Sun 21/09/14 at 12:32
Regular
This is the script i have

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

10/10
Over the years I've become very jaded after many bad experiences with customer services, you have bucked the trend. Polite and efficient from the Freeola team, well done to all involved.
Easy and free service!
I think it's fab that you provide an easy-to-follow service, and even better that it's free...!
Cerrie

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.