GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Long Live Madden!"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

This thread has been linked to the game 'John Madden Football'.
Fri 29/07/05 at 20:15
Regular
"Football is #1"
I kept telling everyone Madden is the best football game. People always thought ESPN football was better just because of its realistic broadcast system. But if ESPN is so good, why aren't they having an ESPN 2K6? Why didn't they get the license agreement? My point exactly. What do you think of the cover boy Donovan McNabb? I will admitt it, they could have put someone like Peyton Manning or Tom Brady, but McNabb is just as good, not better though. Ray Lewis was the right cover boy last year as well as Mike Vick the previous year, considering his great playmaking abilities. The new Superstar Mode will add to the many great features. The precision passing and vision mode will add to the realism. Madden has playmaker, hit stick for defense and offense, owner mode, new passing modes, superstar mode, create-a-fan, stadium builder and more; much more, unlike the sorry ESPN video game version. Who wouldn't love a game like this? I know I do (and u guyz can proably tell).
1 more thing: Enjoy Madden 06!
Sat 13/08/05 at 22:15
Regular
"sdomehtongng"
I think he lives in the States, and the game is out there already. Can't be sure, though; might just be an unfounded assumption.

And I'm probably not going to get this. There's too much other stuff which currently interests me, and I don't have I]that[/I] much money.
Sat 13/08/05 at 15:45
Regular
"bit of a brain"
How do you know Superstar is awesome? And with passing cones disabled surely the gameplay will be exactly the same as 2005?
Wed 10/08/05 at 20:47
Regular
"Swish"
Its goin to be good and u can disable the passin mode features and superstar is awesome.
Wed 10/08/05 at 18:14
Regular
"bit of a brain"
I wouldn't get your hopes up. Apparently it's the most disappointing version in years. The passing cone isn't just makes passing much harder and more complicated, and the Superstar mode is disjointed and shallow. Everything else, meanwhile, is exactly the same as in 2005. I don't know if I'll bother getting it this year if all that is true.
Tue 09/08/05 at 20:07
Regular
"Swish"
It's release is today.
Fri 05/08/05 at 18:14
Regular
"Swish"
Madden has always been the best and nothin can change that.
Wed 03/08/05 at 16:19
Regular
"Swish"
Thanks Chipseh, someone else finally knows what a great football game is and what a sorry football game is. ESPN has the great brodcast presentation but thats it.
Fri 29/07/05 at 21:15
Regular
"Jog on, sunshine"
rb#26 wrote:
> In this case it does. ESPN doesn't "suck" its just a term.
> Compared to Madden ESPN is nothin... it sucks!!

Ok... what the hell?

ESPN doesn't suck... it sucks?

Right you are...
Fri 29/07/05 at 21:01
Regular
I preferred ESPN for a while, but I bought Madden because ESPN wasn't on the GC, and now I find ESPN too difficult.

But Madden's too easy.

They're both excellent game though.
Fri 29/07/05 at 20:48
Regular
"Swish"
Yeah. And to prove that, ESPN has its own game, but during the season, the ESPN channel talked about the games for Sunday afternoons. What game did they show to help do this? Madden. If their own channel doesn't even promote their game, it has to be sorry. Madden is #1 and don't forget it. A reminder is on the cover of the game: #1 Selling Pro Football Franchise

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Very pleased
Very pleased with the help given by your staff. They explained technical details in an easy way and were patient when providing information to a non expert like me.
LOVE it....
You have made it so easy to build & host a website!!!
Gemma

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.