GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Those things in between T.V programs."

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Wed 26/03/03 at 23:27
Regular
Here are a few adverts that really do just do my head in. Just really wanted to get this off my chest. Here we go.

The coco pops ads.

They have the most annoying jingle that I have ever heard. It is the same tune all the time. You know how it goes. Hum it to yourself. Doesn't that just really get your goat, for lack of a better, printable, phrase? What makes it even worse are the lyrics. They use the same tune over and over again but still manage to come up with very annoying lyrics that still, for some reason still fit the tune. Why do they subject us to it repeatedly? Could they please just change the tune once?

The recent adverts for the dunkers, Lunchables, etc…

We have annoying kids trying to act and sell us some alternative to a good old-fashioned sandwich. They cannot act, their voices grate and the dialogue is just poor beyond belief. They should just stick with animated snacks that talk and do silly things, like slap each other with parts of whatever they are trying to sell. That would get the kids. Good old slapstick. Give them a catchphrase as well, that always gets them.

The “Shark Park” and other related ads.

It’s just the way they say it. “Let’s just ride on to this giant octopus”. Yeah sure, why not? That’ll work. It is just a cheap gimmick plain and simple. Why not just give them the good old stunt tracks. At least that way they could smash the cars up on the advert, that would be cool… Oh wow, some plastic shark thing has fell on to my car. That’s fun.

Loan ads.

Why oh why must they be so cheesy. The acting is beyond belief. Even I could do a better job. All we get is,
“Oh no. We have no money. What ever shall we do?”
“I know let’s call (Insert loan company’s name)”
“Oh yes that is a good idea. Lets”

It really doesn’t make me happy. The only good sort of loan advert is the one with the weird gadget that blocks your ears. Now that’s how a loan advert should be. Everybody is already worried about their money problems so make light of the situation. It’ll make them feel better about it.

Anyway, I think that’s about it. Like I said, just needed to get it off my chest.

Cid.
Thu 27/03/03 at 21:32
Regular
"Omnipresent"
Cyclone wrote:
> Ms NY wrote:
> Ick. They're so tacky!
>
> I hate the one where all those people are jumping(or 'trying to')
> over
> the hurdles. It's so.. horrible. Makes me cringe.
>
>
> Evil advert.

haha, everytime they say arrears, I let out a giggle. Watch that advert, giggle and think of me.
Thu 27/03/03 at 21:30
Regular
"Omnipresent"
Dr Gonzo wrote:
> THe worst are the ones that pretend they are interviewing people in
> the streets, but they are blatently actors.
>
> "Woah, a free pen if I apply? - it's all my wildest dreams come
> true"
>
> Or the ones that pretend to be Consumer Advice shows, they're pretty
> bad.

:D It's true.
Thu 27/03/03 at 21:28
Regular
"gsybe you!"
> The recent adverts for the dunkers, Lunchables, etc…

'Wot an 'orrible surprise'

Shut it you
Thu 27/03/03 at 21:27
Regular
"gsybe you!"
Ms NY wrote:
> Ick. They're so tacky!
>
> I hate the one where all those people are jumping(or 'trying to') over
> the hurdles. It's so.. horrible. Makes me cringe.

Evil advert.
Thu 27/03/03 at 21:17
Regular
"oaps.org"
Cid Vilante wrote:
> The recent adverts for the dunkers, Lunchables, etc…

Hmmm mini Hale & Pace need to holiday inside a nuclear reactor - for being around 10 years out of date, as well as unfunny

> The “Shark Park” and other related ads.
>
> Oh wow, some plastic shark thing has fell on to my car.
> That’s fun.

Sounds like bitter disappointment because it didn't actually say 'yummy' when it ate your toy car
Thu 27/03/03 at 12:13
Regular
"cachoo"
Ick. They're so tacky!

I hate the one where all those people are jumping(or 'trying to') over the hurdles. It's so.. horrible. Makes me cringe.
Thu 27/03/03 at 12:02
Regular
"Look!!! Changed!!!1"
THe worst are the ones that pretend they are interviewing people in the streets, but they are blatently actors.

"Woah, a free pen if I apply? - it's all my wildest dreams come true"

Or the ones that pretend to be Consumer Advice shows, they're pretty bad.
Wed 26/03/03 at 23:27
Regular
"I'm Great."
Here are a few adverts that really do just do my head in. Just really wanted to get this off my chest. Here we go.

The coco pops ads.

They have the most annoying jingle that I have ever heard. It is the same tune all the time. You know how it goes. Hum it to yourself. Doesn't that just really get your goat, for lack of a better, printable, phrase? What makes it even worse are the lyrics. They use the same tune over and over again but still manage to come up with very annoying lyrics that still, for some reason still fit the tune. Why do they subject us to it repeatedly? Could they please just change the tune once?

The recent adverts for the dunkers, Lunchables, etc…

We have annoying kids trying to act and sell us some alternative to a good old-fashioned sandwich. They cannot act, their voices grate and the dialogue is just poor beyond belief. They should just stick with animated snacks that talk and do silly things, like slap each other with parts of whatever they are trying to sell. That would get the kids. Good old slapstick. Give them a catchphrase as well, that always gets them.

The “Shark Park” and other related ads.

It’s just the way they say it. “Let’s just ride on to this giant octopus”. Yeah sure, why not? That’ll work. It is just a cheap gimmick plain and simple. Why not just give them the good old stunt tracks. At least that way they could smash the cars up on the advert, that would be cool… Oh wow, some plastic shark thing has fell on to my car. That’s fun.

Loan ads.

Why oh why must they be so cheesy. The acting is beyond belief. Even I could do a better job. All we get is,
“Oh no. We have no money. What ever shall we do?”
“I know let’s call (Insert loan company’s name)”
“Oh yes that is a good idea. Lets”

It really doesn’t make me happy. The only good sort of loan advert is the one with the weird gadget that blocks your ears. Now that’s how a loan advert should be. Everybody is already worried about their money problems so make light of the situation. It’ll make them feel better about it.

Anyway, I think that’s about it. Like I said, just needed to get it off my chest.

Cid.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Very pleased
Very pleased with the help given by your staff. They explained technical details in an easy way and were patient when providing information to a non expert like me.
Excellent support service!
I have always found the support staff to provide an excellent service on every occasion I've called.
Ben

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.