GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Hrm, wages?"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Wed 26/03/03 at 22:46
Regular
I'm off to college and that soon, and if I do this and that and blah blah blah the average wage for my trade is around 30k basic.. That at about 18..

This sounds good.

Is it? Just wanted to know what kinda money nowerdays is called good, and not so good.

Ah may as well rant abit. This war stuff is silly. Send in special forces and find all 7 of them? I dunno, just cover them in honey, then throw sugar on them, and then throw them in a wasps nest or that place where they keep bee's.

By far the coolest dream to date: http://rahgaz.diaryland.com/10032003.html

Hm. Thats all I have to say.

-GasMask
Wed 26/03/03 at 22:46
Regular
"Want a cd key.."
I'm off to college and that soon, and if I do this and that and blah blah blah the average wage for my trade is around 30k basic.. That at about 18..

This sounds good.

Is it? Just wanted to know what kinda money nowerdays is called good, and not so good.

Ah may as well rant abit. This war stuff is silly. Send in special forces and find all 7 of them? I dunno, just cover them in honey, then throw sugar on them, and then throw them in a wasps nest or that place where they keep bee's.

By far the coolest dream to date: http://rahgaz.diaryland.com/10032003.html

Hm. Thats all I have to say.

-GasMask
Wed 26/03/03 at 23:07
Regular
"That's right!"
Well, I do a simple job, and the pay is about 12 grand a year. Didn't need any qualifications for it.

£50k would be a very good wage, so 30 must be decent.
Wed 26/03/03 at 23:26
Regular
I'd be more than happy with 30K a year (I'm currently in my first year of business economics degree) As long as i can afford a brand new BMW M5 in the next 5-6 years i'd be MORE than happy (I'm 19 at the moment)

Although it depends where you live. I'd say 30K is fairly average if you live in and around London, but you'd be laughing if you lived up north with that kind of money.
Thu 27/03/03 at 09:21
Regular
"Bounty housewife..."
The UK average wage is just under £ 24K so that gives you an indication of whats good and what isn't.

£ 30K for an 18 year old is ridiculous money to pay - I certainly would never pay an 18 year old that kind of money - qualifications or not you need some experience at work to start earning decent money.
Thu 27/03/03 at 09:22
Regular
"Orbiting Uranus"
I earn 13K in a job that requires you to be a graduate with a 2:1.

Its not about the money I tells ya
Thu 27/03/03 at 10:42
"Darth Vader 3442321"
Try living on temp wages...and conditions. Crap sickpay, you have to acrue holidays(you don't even get bank holidays as feebies), no pension (not that they are worth jack nowadays), you have to account for every hour so if you decide to pop down the pub on a Friday afternoon you end up paying for the drinks whilst you actually lose money for not working too.

ROARS!
Thu 27/03/03 at 10:45
"Darth Vader 3442321"
Rosalind wrote:
> I earn 13K in a job that requires you to be a graduate with a 2:1.
>
> Its not about the money I tells ya

Yet a mong head footballer whose only contribution to society will be syphilis, earns 13k a week for playing football, which he'd have to pay to do if he wasn't a professional. He got good at football because he bunked off school, he and his parents had low expectations of him and accepted that trying to become a pro was realistic.
Thu 27/03/03 at 11:12
Regular
"Bounty housewife..."
Arrrghh - Now youv'e set me going Sagacious......

I'm a Tractor Boy fan - and you may well know that they are in administration now.

We have players like Marshall who earns 25K a week - yep 25K - that's £1.3M a year - and that's only one player - and he isn't the top earner (step forward mr money grabbing Matt Holland !).

Because of the administration facing the club they have laid of various members of the normal club staff to reduce cost - people who are earning wages in the region of 12K to 25K per year. People who will now be struggling to make ends end and will face hardship - while the players are still raking in there obscene wages.

Firstly they are the ones who played crap and got us relegated and secondly they are all still receiving Premier League wages - in the First division.

If they had even took a 10% cut each that would have saved nearly 2 million on the wage bill which could have easily saved the jobs of the ground / support staff at the clubs and they would have noticed no change in there lifestyles at all.

I'm sorry to rant but though I obviously want them to do the business on the pitch they are being lecherous money grabbing Bustards at the moment.
Thu 27/03/03 at 11:40
"Darth Vader 3442321"
Flanders wrote:
> Arrrghh - Now youv'e set me going Sagacious......
>
> I'm a Tractor Boy fan - and you may well know that they are in
> administration now.

I've a soft spot for Ipswich so I feel for you, though our money grabbing vultures (West Ham) are at least decent enough to charge upwards of £30-40 to watch us lose every week. So the price of failure is a ticket to WHUFC.

However some sports people simply get paid loads because the look nice...
Thu 27/03/03 at 11:49
Regular
"everyone says it"
So you finally turned to the street corner then Gassy?

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Top-notch internet service
Excellent internet service and customer service. Top-notch in replying to my comments.
Duncan
LOVE it....
You have made it so easy to build & host a website!!!
Gemma

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.