GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"BECKS TOP OF REAL SUMMER SHOPPING LIST"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Wed 26/03/03 at 19:17
Regular
INFO FROM: www.skysports.com

Real Madrid are lining up a sensational summer swoop for David Beckham.

The European champions admit that the Manchester United midfielder is their "next big project" and are ready to add him to their superstar squad.

Beckham has recently signed a big-money contract that will keep him at Old Trafford until 2005, but having signed Luis Figo, Zinedine Zidane and Ronaldo in successive seasons, Real managing director Jorge Valdano is setting his sights on the England skipper.

"The way Real Madrid have pulled off the biggest transfer market coups of the last few seasons, Beckham looks like the next big project for us," he said.

Beckham, who will line up against Real in the Champions League semi-finals, is likely to command a £30million fee.

But Real have already shelled out £37million for Figo, £45million for Zidane and an estimated £30million for Ronaldo and although Internazionale have also been linked with the United man, the Bernebau giants are the only club likely to come up with a bid that will prise him away from Old Trafford.

Asked specifically about Champions League quarter-final opponents Real by a Spanish reporter, Beckham said: "I've always said that Real Madrid have got some great players and great traditions.

"Any player would be honoured to be spoken about by them. So, of course, I'm honoured."

I think Beckham isn't very settled at United anymore following that flying boot incident, so it is time for a change for the England skipper, i think he will fit in perfectly at Real, what does everyone else think?
Sat 29/03/03 at 17:29
Regular
"Brooklyn boy"
Solskjær wrote:

> (Seems like Posh has been thinking, again!)

Always a dangerous thing whenever that happens.
Fri 28/03/03 at 15:22
Regular
"Baros!!!"
I hope that all English players stay at English clubs, as the ones that go off abroad never seem to play well for the national side again. I think that Owen Hargreaves is doing well, but could be even better if he was at a English club.
Fri 28/03/03 at 11:07
Regular
"Long time no see!"
And I thought Réal's chairman said last-year that this Summer's main-target would be Michael Owen...?!?

Anyway, it looks like they're trying to play-down all this speculation; whether it's true or-not.
(Seems like Posh has been thinking, again!)

I think David Beckham would enjoy Football in Spain, but I don't see how playing in Spain would improve his game the way England would need him to. We don't need any "skilly-billy's" in our England team, we play it differently to them - in the Premiership!

Life would be a lot easier in La Liga than it is in the Premiership. He'd certainly get more goals - if he plays, that is...
You never know.... With Luis Figo, Zidane, and co., even David Becham could find himself chatting Scouse to Steve McManaman, on the sub's bench!
Wed 26/03/03 at 23:15
Regular
El Blokey wrote:
> I hope he doesn't go. We need him to stay in England. Then we'll still
> be able to boast we have the greatest whinger

I doubt Arsene Wenger is gonna leave Arsenal anytime soon.

But Seriously, for the sake of the English national team, surely Beckham could only improve as a player by moving abroad. Playing in a different league, a different pace, a different culture. You hardly have any english footballers playing abroad...
Wed 26/03/03 at 20:22
Regular
"Bobba you"
Agreed.

I'd personally rather him, play for an English club.
Wed 26/03/03 at 19:25
Regular
"no longer El Blokey"
I hope he doesn't go. We need him to stay in England. Then we'll still be able to boast we have the greatest winger and striker in the world in our league.
Wed 26/03/03 at 19:20
Regular
"Chavez, just hush.."
"Mummy, for my birthday I want a David Beckham."

"Sorry dear but everyone wants one this summer, I doubt any places will have them in stock."
Wed 26/03/03 at 19:17
Regular
INFO FROM: www.skysports.com

Real Madrid are lining up a sensational summer swoop for David Beckham.

The European champions admit that the Manchester United midfielder is their "next big project" and are ready to add him to their superstar squad.

Beckham has recently signed a big-money contract that will keep him at Old Trafford until 2005, but having signed Luis Figo, Zinedine Zidane and Ronaldo in successive seasons, Real managing director Jorge Valdano is setting his sights on the England skipper.

"The way Real Madrid have pulled off the biggest transfer market coups of the last few seasons, Beckham looks like the next big project for us," he said.

Beckham, who will line up against Real in the Champions League semi-finals, is likely to command a £30million fee.

But Real have already shelled out £37million for Figo, £45million for Zidane and an estimated £30million for Ronaldo and although Internazionale have also been linked with the United man, the Bernebau giants are the only club likely to come up with a bid that will prise him away from Old Trafford.

Asked specifically about Champions League quarter-final opponents Real by a Spanish reporter, Beckham said: "I've always said that Real Madrid have got some great players and great traditions.

"Any player would be honoured to be spoken about by them. So, of course, I'm honoured."

I think Beckham isn't very settled at United anymore following that flying boot incident, so it is time for a change for the England skipper, i think he will fit in perfectly at Real, what does everyone else think?

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Excellent support service!
I have always found the support staff to provide an excellent service on every occasion I've called.
Ben
Best Provider
The best provider I know of, never a problem, recommend highly
Paul

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.