GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Football - Club or country?"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Tue 25/03/03 at 22:52
Regular
I'd have to go with country myself.

You?
Fri 28/03/03 at 15:15
Regular
"Baros!!!"
Yeah, I agree with you Solsjkaer that the England team should be 'fully English', with no foreign manager. But surely it's harsh not to play for your country.
Fri 28/03/03 at 10:44
Regular
"Long time no see!"
Depends on which clubs I'm playing for, and where the England manager is from.

If Eriksson's in-charge, and he calls me up, I would seriously tell him to F-off! I'm not playing for our "joke" of a national team that the FA seem to believe needs some foreign big-shot to tell us how to play football!!
It's just wrong - and I've been saying that ever since he first arrived (as some of you may remember)!

But if it was a good-old Englishman in-charge...
I'd go country! No second questions asked - especially if it was an important qualifier (like the game tommorow) and I was on good form for my club. But if it was only a Friendly, I'd played for them before, and we had a big FA Cup match coming up... I may say no - or at least say to him that I'd only want to play half the match.

And Sepp Blatter's on about about reducing the number of subs on an international bench down to just 5 - to try and prevent what the likes of Eriksson have done in the past - like at Upton Park!
Thu 27/03/03 at 21:47
Regular
"Fetish for sport"
Club - Representing your country is one hell of an honour but at the end of the day it is the club who pays your wages and ultimately keeps you in the game to give you the oppurtunity of playing for your national side.
Thu 27/03/03 at 19:06
Regular
"Baros!!!"
Country
Wed 26/03/03 at 08:18
Regular
"Hellfire Stoker"
COUNTRY- I know where my loyalties lie.
Wed 26/03/03 at 07:53
Regular
"^^^New Online Arcad"
CLUB !!!!
Wed 26/03/03 at 00:23
"High polygon count"
Club every time.

The clubs pay their vast salaries, so the club's interests should come first.

If National teams want to take players away, the respective National FA should pay their salaries for that week.

At the very least, the club should not be obliged to pay players salaries for those club games that they miss.

And if a player is injured on international duty, only part of the salary should be paid whilst they are recovering, as it usually falls to the club to pick up the medical bills.

Mind you, in the case of England, why any player would want to waste their time with a National team that hasn't a hope in hell of winning anything anyway is quite beyond me...
Tue 25/03/03 at 22:52
Regular
"Bobba you"
I'd have to go with country myself.

You?

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Top-notch internet service
Excellent internet service and customer service. Top-notch in replying to my comments.
Duncan
I've been with Freeola for 14 years...
I've been with Freeola for 14 years now, and in that time you have proven time and time again to be a top-ranking internet service provider and unbeatable hosting service. Thank you.
Anthony

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.