GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Fine line"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Tue 25/03/03 at 22:13
Regular
The blurred line between reality and the gaming world, is rapidly becoming so blurred, to the degree that I Will have to investigate, just how blurred this line is...

Ever since the day I saw that odd looking kid in the street, who strongly resembled Alex the kid, I have been aware that the technology, has made this line, somewhat an obscurity.

My instincts were to test the abilities of various creatures as they are portrayed in video gaming. One might say 'Why do that, you stupid fool' I would say 'You do realise, while your talking to me, I've hired two Hit men to murder you family and pets, right?’ So, Sfone investigates. Is this line, so fine, every detail is as realistic as humanly possible.

The first test: Super monkey ball. Please note, the availability of monkeys in this small town of Melton Mowbray is very scarce, So i used 'Mans best friend', A dog. So, is it possible for a monkey, or a dog... Ok, it now appears to be a cat. For a cat to roll around in an oversized, transparent ball, collecting its favourite food, bananas, or 'Felix' in this case.

Result: As the ball rolled down the hill, the top half of the ball became detached, the cat slid out, and was impaled on the rusty tin of 'Felix'. Despite being very humorous at the time, the RSPCA slapped me round the face, and kicked me to the floor.

Conclusion: Small, food loving animals, cannot withhold the same degree of pain, there video gaming counterparts can resist. I also discovered that member of the RSPCA can punch quite hard, and kick, and knife, and shoot me in the gut.

The second test: Apparently, Italian plumbers can destroy many varieties of giant Venus flytraps. I took a visit to the local 'Raliotelli's' to investigate their skills.

Result: After being constantly asked to order something or 'F off', I found out Raliotelli, was in fact an obese, tattooed maniac. I made an exit from the restaurant. And against the strong wind, I throw 'Mr. Molotov cocktail'. "Don't tell me to order, when I'm not hungry. Idiot"

Conclusion: Remember to light Molotov cocktail before throwing, and running round town on a rampage, stealing hats from policemen. Also, never call Raliotelli an idiot. I warn you from my hospital bed...

Test number three: Judging from the classic 'Shenmue' series, it appeared to me that Japanese people are very curious, and often ask questions. So, what do I do? Follow a group of tourists round the city for a day.

Result: Well, after I became to the group openly farting at me, and call me 'piggy-man', I tried to make it more obvious that I was following. After 3 hours, none of the group had asked a single question. Not much changed towards the end of the day, except I managed to hear them mumble two questions, in my direction. Firstly "Why are you following us, piggy-man" followed by the group hysterically laughing, and spitting at me. This instantly followed by "why do you keep touching my bum, piggy-man" followed by the same, familiar sequence of laughing, spitting and violent abuse.

Conclusion: Don't visit Japan.

My three experiments have provided enough evidence, that, excluding the Alex the kid look-alike, the line between gaming and reality, is still as bold as ever. One thing is for sure, however, the other world, does offer less violent Italian men, less rude Japanese people, and an RSPCA system that isn't corrupt.

Take Care.
Wed 26/03/03 at 22:22
Regular
"aka memo aaka gayby"
T'is excellent. :-D
Wed 26/03/03 at 22:16
Regular
"Brrrrr."
Nice post...
Wed 26/03/03 at 21:04
Regular
"QPR 1974"
True :'o(
Wed 26/03/03 at 20:55
"period drama"
I know how you feel Sfone.
Why don't people read it?
Wed 26/03/03 at 20:22
Regular
"QPR 1974"
pop :-)
Tue 25/03/03 at 22:35
Regular
"stop staring, creep"
make me laugh

my diaphram hurts now
Tue 25/03/03 at 22:31
Regular
"QPR 1974"
FinalFantasyFanatic wrote:

> Nice one.
> Again

Cheers.
Likewise, your 'violence' post was the F*cking bomb b*tch :D
Tue 25/03/03 at 22:29
"period drama"
A very fine line indeed.

Also, don't try painting a hedgehog blue, putting little shoes on it then firing it around several loops near the speed of sound.
They don't like it too much, not did the RSPCA.
Gits.

Nice one.
Again
Tue 25/03/03 at 22:13
Regular
"QPR 1974"
The blurred line between reality and the gaming world, is rapidly becoming so blurred, to the degree that I Will have to investigate, just how blurred this line is...

Ever since the day I saw that odd looking kid in the street, who strongly resembled Alex the kid, I have been aware that the technology, has made this line, somewhat an obscurity.

My instincts were to test the abilities of various creatures as they are portrayed in video gaming. One might say 'Why do that, you stupid fool' I would say 'You do realise, while your talking to me, I've hired two Hit men to murder you family and pets, right?’ So, Sfone investigates. Is this line, so fine, every detail is as realistic as humanly possible.

The first test: Super monkey ball. Please note, the availability of monkeys in this small town of Melton Mowbray is very scarce, So i used 'Mans best friend', A dog. So, is it possible for a monkey, or a dog... Ok, it now appears to be a cat. For a cat to roll around in an oversized, transparent ball, collecting its favourite food, bananas, or 'Felix' in this case.

Result: As the ball rolled down the hill, the top half of the ball became detached, the cat slid out, and was impaled on the rusty tin of 'Felix'. Despite being very humorous at the time, the RSPCA slapped me round the face, and kicked me to the floor.

Conclusion: Small, food loving animals, cannot withhold the same degree of pain, there video gaming counterparts can resist. I also discovered that member of the RSPCA can punch quite hard, and kick, and knife, and shoot me in the gut.

The second test: Apparently, Italian plumbers can destroy many varieties of giant Venus flytraps. I took a visit to the local 'Raliotelli's' to investigate their skills.

Result: After being constantly asked to order something or 'F off', I found out Raliotelli, was in fact an obese, tattooed maniac. I made an exit from the restaurant. And against the strong wind, I throw 'Mr. Molotov cocktail'. "Don't tell me to order, when I'm not hungry. Idiot"

Conclusion: Remember to light Molotov cocktail before throwing, and running round town on a rampage, stealing hats from policemen. Also, never call Raliotelli an idiot. I warn you from my hospital bed...

Test number three: Judging from the classic 'Shenmue' series, it appeared to me that Japanese people are very curious, and often ask questions. So, what do I do? Follow a group of tourists round the city for a day.

Result: Well, after I became to the group openly farting at me, and call me 'piggy-man', I tried to make it more obvious that I was following. After 3 hours, none of the group had asked a single question. Not much changed towards the end of the day, except I managed to hear them mumble two questions, in my direction. Firstly "Why are you following us, piggy-man" followed by the group hysterically laughing, and spitting at me. This instantly followed by "why do you keep touching my bum, piggy-man" followed by the same, familiar sequence of laughing, spitting and violent abuse.

Conclusion: Don't visit Japan.

My three experiments have provided enough evidence, that, excluding the Alex the kid look-alike, the line between gaming and reality, is still as bold as ever. One thing is for sure, however, the other world, does offer less violent Italian men, less rude Japanese people, and an RSPCA system that isn't corrupt.

Take Care.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Just a quick note to say thanks for a very good service ... in fact excellent service..
I am very happy with your customer service and speed and quality of my broadband connection .. keep up the good work . and a good new year to all of you at freeola.
Matthew Bradley
LOVE it....
You have made it so easy to build & host a website!!!
Gemma

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.