GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Advertising - that is Nintendo's BIGGEST problem......"

The "Nintendo Games" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Tue 25/03/03 at 21:17
Regular
I feel gutted every time I read another story about the failing cube, the kiddies machine, the console no-one wants etc etc etc. The biggest problem and it really IS the problem is that Nintendo just aren't advertising enough! When they do, the ad's are crap and leave you thinking 'I could of done better than that'. PLEEEEEEEASE Nintendo, make some good tv adverts. Get the CUBE up there where it belongs. DONT let it become another Dreamcast! Dont let all those smug Playstation owners revel in this consoles struggle any longer. We need adverts on ITV at 5, 6 and 7 O'Clock in the evening when people are watching, not on Channel 4 at 3 in the morning when everyone is in bed or is too drunk to even realise the TV is on!!
Tue 25/03/03 at 21:17
Regular
"Conker the King"
I feel gutted every time I read another story about the failing cube, the kiddies machine, the console no-one wants etc etc etc. The biggest problem and it really IS the problem is that Nintendo just aren't advertising enough! When they do, the ad's are crap and leave you thinking 'I could of done better than that'. PLEEEEEEEASE Nintendo, make some good tv adverts. Get the CUBE up there where it belongs. DONT let it become another Dreamcast! Dont let all those smug Playstation owners revel in this consoles struggle any longer. We need adverts on ITV at 5, 6 and 7 O'Clock in the evening when people are watching, not on Channel 4 at 3 in the morning when everyone is in bed or is too drunk to even realise the TV is on!!
Tue 25/03/03 at 21:19
Regular
Strange that a console no one wants has sold more than the XBox has worldwide.
Tue 25/03/03 at 21:21
Regular
"bit of a brain"
The Metroid advert is on digital channels all the time.
Tue 25/03/03 at 21:22
Regular
Who gives a monkeys left testicle about sales?

I'm happy with my Xbox and Gamecube, and if your happy with your console, great!
Tue 25/03/03 at 21:23
Regular
"Comfortably Numb"
hehe. I agree with N64 guy, they've made hardly any effort in advertising, yet they out sell xbox, just imadgeon the sales if they advertised.
Tue 25/03/03 at 21:25
Regular
"Conker the King"
I give a monkeys, because it IS about sales! EVERYTHING these days is about sales! All Im saying is that people who hear this crap will avoid the machine becasue they know no better!
Tue 25/03/03 at 21:25
Regular
"bit of a brain"
"imadgeon"
seriously?
Tue 25/03/03 at 21:26
Regular
"Comfortably Numb"
ok. i cant spell that word, it's the only word i have difficulty with. Bog off...
Tue 25/03/03 at 21:26
Regular
"Comfortably Numb"
Technicly, Nintendo are the best company, because they've made the most profit.
Tue 25/03/03 at 21:27
Regular
Actually they have made a significant effort.

I've seen a few adverts for Kingdom Hearts and Primal. I've seen no XBox adverts since the originals were taken off the air. I saw the Mario Sunshine advert a lot around it's release time, the original 'things in a cube' advert was on all the time for a few months after the Cube's launch, and the Metroid Advert is on CH4 and digital all the time.

And the 'Cube w/Metroid Prime were the official sponsers of the Winter Jam.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Thank you very much for your help!
Top service for free - excellent - thank you very much for your help.
Wonderful...
... and so easy-to-use even for a technophobe like me. I had my website up in a couple of hours. Thank you.
Vivien

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.