GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Another little puzzle for you, because I'm bored."

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Fri 19/01/01 at 19:54
Regular
What's more powerful than God, more cruel than the devil, the rich don't want it, the poor have much of it, and if you eat it you'll die?
Tue 23/12/08 at 19:31
"The Boss Lady"
You should have watched Dark Knight at the cinema, watching it on your TV screen just won't be the same.

And yeah I say Lakeview Terrace the other day. It is not the best of movies but also not the worst. For me as a black person, I feel that I have seen it all before a hundred time over and seen it in real life a million times over, but maybe someone else hasn't. The film would have been better if Samuel L.'s characters rascism had simple been implied (so the viewer could sit there and say to themselves "yeah, I know what your problem is!) and not just shoved down peoples throats. Then again that is America and racists are more forthright about it. Here is England it is more covert.

On your List I haven't seen:

1. There Will Be Blood
2. Happy-Go-Lucky
3. The Diving Bell and the Butterfly
6. 4 Months 3 Weeks 2 Days
9. Christmas On Mars

I used to go to the cinema every Sunday, but now it is just as and when. I used to have dinner at home and go and see one or two films. With my belly full it felt cosy. =) Sometimes I would smuggle booze in there and you would see me sliding down it my seat to take a swig unnoticed, but I shouldn't tell you all of my secrets, lol!
Tue 23/12/08 at 14:26
Regular
Thank you! Yes I struggle to get to the cinema sometimes, no where near enough as I want to. My end of year lists usually end up being made up of the only 10 or so films I've actually managed to see at the cinema.

I couldn't bring myself to watch 4 Christmasses- Vince Vaughn used to be quite funny, now he just, well, isn't. I saw a film called Lakeview Terrace a few weeks ao, that was pretty bad. I was also made to watch You Don't Mess With the Zohan by a friend, a totally unfunny Adam Sandler movie. That's probably the worst.

And I need to see the Dark Knight, quite badly. Don't usually like comic book/hero films, but I'm told that this one is truly amazing...
Tue 23/12/08 at 11:39
"The Boss Lady"
Viggars wrote:
> 1. There Will Be Blood
> 2. Happy-Go-Lucky
> 3. The Diving Bell and the Butterfly
> 4. Be Kind Rewind
> 5. No Country For Old Men
> 6. 4 Months 3 Weeks 2 Days
> 7. Juno
> 8. The Orphanage
> 9. Christmas On Mars
> 10. Man On Wire
>
> NB I haven't managed to see Dark Knight yet- bad, I know. Plus
> I'm getting Persepolis and My Winnipeg on DVD soon, I imagine
> they'll both be in there once watched...

Good list! Again a few things I haven't seen yet which is shameful. I really, really need to get to the cinema more!
Tue 23/12/08 at 11:37
"The Boss Lady"
vacuumboots wrote:
> Hell no! I loved the first one, but yeah, I'd give it an A for
> effort. It was up there for the sheer attention to detail and the
> scene-stealing by Jeffery Tambor. To be honest, I'd like to see
> what a different director can do with the franchise despite it
> being Del Toro's baby. My list is a bit lame, I've got a penchant
> for comic-book movies and I couldn't remember half of what I've
> seen this year.
>
> Worst film I saw this year was Four Christmases. Any takers?

Ah... you're just trying to get on good side (bashing Four Christmases)! =b

Worst Film I've seen all year has to be 'Superhero Movie' - What a load of s**t! The one funny line was included in the trailer so I had already run out of laughs for it.

I haven't seen 'Four Shitmases', in fact I haven't seen a handful of things on your list...I should get to the cinema more.

Good talking to ya!!
Tue 23/12/08 at 11:18
Regular
Hell no! I loved the first one, but yeah, I'd give it an A for effort. It was up there for the sheer attention to detail and the scene-stealing by Jeffery Tambor. To be honest, I'd like to see what a different director can do with the franchise despite it being Del Toro's baby. My list is a bit lame, I've got a penchant for comic-book movies and I couldn't remember half of what I've seen this year.

Worst film I saw this year was Four Christmases. Any takers?
Tue 23/12/08 at 10:51
Regular
1. There Will Be Blood
2. Happy-Go-Lucky
3. The Diving Bell and the Butterfly
4. Be Kind Rewind
5. No Country For Old Men
6. 4 Months 3 Weeks 2 Days
7. Juno
8. The Orphanage
9. Christmas On Mars
10. Man On Wire

NB I haven't managed to see Dark Knight yet- bad, I know. Plus I'm getting Persepolis and My Winnipeg on DVD soon, I imagine they'll both be in there once watched...
Mon 22/12/08 at 16:32
"The Boss Lady"
vacuumboots wrote:
> 1. The Dark Knight
> 2. Changeling
> 3. Burn After Reading
> 4. Choke
> 5. Be Kind Rewind
> 6. Tropic Thunder
> 7. Iron Man
> 8. Hellboy II: The Golden Army
> 9. Pineapple Express
> 10. Saw V

Yes 'Changeling' was good but 'Hellboy II: The Golden Army' - ARE YOU KIDDING????
Mon 22/12/08 at 16:23
Regular
1. The Dark Knight
2. Changeling
3. Burn After Reading
4. Choke
5. Be Kind Rewind
6. Tropic Thunder
7. Iron Man
8. Hellboy II: The Golden Army
9. Pineapple Express
10. Saw V
Mon 22/12/08 at 16:04
"The Boss Lady"
1: Persepolis
2: Mongol
3: Max Payne
4: Easy Virtue
5: The Mist
6: Be Kind Rewind
7: 10,000 BC
8: Elegy
9: The Dark Knight
10: Miss Pettigrew Lives for a Day
Mon 22/12/08 at 15:56
"The Boss Lady"
Name your Top Ten films seen in the cinema in 2008...

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

The coolest ISP ever!
In my opinion, the ISP is the best I have ever used. They guarantee 'first time connection - everytime', which they have never let me down on.
First Class!
I feel that your service on this occasion was absolutely first class - a model of excellence. After this, I hope to stay with Freeola for a long time!

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.