GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Relegation - Villa or Leeds - or maybe neither"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Tue 25/03/03 at 19:31
Regular
Being a Villa fan, I'm very concerned of how close we are coming to the relegation battle. It looked like Villa were clear, until four straight losses and a draw. We were 14 points clear of the relegation zone, but we are now only 6. It now looks like Sunderland and WBA are gone.

With Bolton, West Ham and Birmingham all winning, it looks like Villa are going to go down, unless Leeds carry on losing.

Here are the 5 battlers for relegetion, showing pos. Points and points from last 7 games.

Villa ----- 36 --- 7
Birmingham - 35 --- 10
Leeds ----- 34 --- 3
Bolton ---- 32 --- 11
West Ham -- 30 --- 13

This shows that Leeds are the ones for the drop, but I fear that it will be Villa instead. This is because of the games we have left, eg. Arsenal, Newcastle and Chelsea.

Our only chance is to beat Leeds and West Ham, otherwise we might as well say goodbye.

Who do you think will join Sunderland and West Brom?
Tue 25/03/03 at 19:31
Regular
"Baros!!!"
Being a Villa fan, I'm very concerned of how close we are coming to the relegation battle. It looked like Villa were clear, until four straight losses and a draw. We were 14 points clear of the relegation zone, but we are now only 6. It now looks like Sunderland and WBA are gone.

With Bolton, West Ham and Birmingham all winning, it looks like Villa are going to go down, unless Leeds carry on losing.

Here are the 5 battlers for relegetion, showing pos. Points and points from last 7 games.

Villa ----- 36 --- 7
Birmingham - 35 --- 10
Leeds ----- 34 --- 3
Bolton ---- 32 --- 11
West Ham -- 30 --- 13

This shows that Leeds are the ones for the drop, but I fear that it will be Villa instead. This is because of the games we have left, eg. Arsenal, Newcastle and Chelsea.

Our only chance is to beat Leeds and West Ham, otherwise we might as well say goodbye.

Who do you think will join Sunderland and West Brom?
Tue 25/03/03 at 19:38
Regular
"Puerile Shagging"
I think Villa are safe, I also think that West Ham will survive by the skin of their teeth. So I believe it is between Bolton, Birmingham and Leeds for the final drop spot.

Leeds have had an awful season but I think they have to much quality in their squad to be relegated. Birmingham haven’t got the greatest squad but seem to be able to grind out a few results when they need them, so, I think it will be Bolton that disappear.
Wed 26/03/03 at 11:35
"Darth Vader 3442321"
I'd love Leeds to go down. Really I would. They've spent far too much money on a squad that has brought them no success.
Wed 26/03/03 at 11:54
Regular
"Is'not Dave... sorr"
Well, West Ham, for me, were always going to make it out of the relegation zone, and no matter how late they've left it, I think they've got enough quality to continue winning and make it out.

Birmingham likewise, I feel they have enough about their team to keep grinding out results, and they probably won't be so panicked by the prospect of relegation as the likes of West Ham/Leeds/Villa.

So, personally I see it between Bolton and Leeds. Leeds have had a very shaky time, and I know Villa haven't exactly been immense this season, but they're not in quite the same sort of difficulties as Leeds.

Bolton/Leeds ... I don't REALLY see Leeds going down (unfortunately) so Bolton it'll be.
Wed 26/03/03 at 13:42
Regular
Leeds are 2nd bottom (sunderland bottom) in the form table for the last 8 games. Bolton are doing quite well in 11th, Birmingham in 13th, and Villa in 16th.

I'd say its between Villa and Leeds. And I'm leaning towards Leeds going down.
Wed 26/03/03 at 16:18
Regular
"An Evil Resident"
Ive heard that Kewell and Smith are bound for Anfield at the end of the season due to Leeds still being enormously in debt...

My heart says Bolton will drop... but i'd love to see Leeds relegated.

I really dont see the Villa tumbling foreman... 6pts clear is 2 full games... your goal difference is vastly superior to teams around you so that makes the difference 7pts because if you were tied on pts you would survive by virtue of a better goal difference.

7pts clear of the drop zone with 7 games remaining means the Villa need 2 wins to be safe... that would put you 13pts clear meaning Bolton/West Ham would need to win 5 out of their last 7 games to overtake you... not likely.
Wed 26/03/03 at 16:19
Regular
"Puerile Shagging"
rabid wrote:
> Ive heard that Kewell and Smith are bound for Anfield at the end of
> the season due to Leeds still being enormously in debt...

Being a Liverpool fan I would like to see this, but, Liverpool are also in debt.

Where did you hear this?
Wed 26/03/03 at 16:27
Regular
"An Evil Resident"
Well Graham Taylor enquired about Harry Kewell in the january window but was told that Kewell isnt going anywhere until at least the end of the season, I then heard that Houlier was also interested in Kewell but was prepared to take Smith too which Leeds were more interested in doing... it means money for Leeds this way.

Like most things i think time will tell... but from what i gether its pretty much already done and dusted, i think Leeds are very much on the slide and some of the players are already looking towards next season and their new clubs.
Wed 26/03/03 at 16:29
Regular
"Puerile Shagging"
Well I truly hope this transfer goes ahead.
Wed 26/03/03 at 16:34
Regular
"An Evil Resident"
I dont know the financial situation at Liverpool but i would be surprised if they were in too severe a debt considering their recent cup success in the last couple of years...

If the deal with Kewell and Smith went ahead (and i see it happening personally) then that would probably mean that at least 2 existing players would make way so as to keep the wage bill close to what it currently is...

I havnt heard anything about Liverpool selling and im sure you would be a better guess of any likely exits that may take place in the summer, i would however like to say that if Heskey left i wouldnt blame him for 1 second... that guy has been asked to play in practically every position imaginable except the one the does best (striker) if Heskey decided enough was enough then i wouldnt blame him.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

10/10
Over the years I've become very jaded after many bad experiences with customer services, you have bucked the trend. Polite and efficient from the Freeola team, well done to all involved.
Very pleased
Very pleased with the help given by your staff. They explained technical details in an easy way and were patient when providing information to a non expert like me.

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.