GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"The Best Xbox Games of all Time"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Sun 31/07/05 at 17:14
Regular
"Xbox 360 Rules"
Write what Xbox game you think is the best of all time
Mine is:
Halo 2
Half-life 2
Doom 3
Sun 31/07/05 at 17:14
Regular
"Xbox 360 Rules"
Write what Xbox game you think is the best of all time
Mine is:
Halo 2
Half-life 2
Doom 3
Sun 31/07/05 at 17:54
Regular
Halo 2 is a little too obvious, sticking with convention is good, and, although it's arguably a very good game, it probably isn't the best Xbox game of all time. Then again, it's subject to opinion and the statistics imply that it alone shifted a huge amount of 'Boxes.

One of my favourite Xbox games is the little-acclaimed JSRF, for the simple and addictive brilliance. I really played the game for months straight and even then was nowhere near the end.

The fun comes in collecting the characters as you progress, every character you meet is collectable, even the dog ! However it's a hard challenge because you have to do massive combos (such as 400 second grinds) later in the game to complete challenges

It isn't a particularly complex game and the graphics aren't fantastic in the traditional sense, but the overshadowed addictive brilliance and cel-shaded environments just ... work

Having said that, I've whiled away many hours in Kung Fu Chaos Multiplayer and also enjoyed the beauty and unique-ness the game is steeped in (especially as a like Martial Arts)

More recently, San Andreas took up a lot of time and the scale of the game somehow makes it, when coupled with the freedom. Unfortunately, there are still many glitches and infuriating missions which let it down slightly
Sun 31/07/05 at 18:37
Regular
"@optometrytweet"
hmmm, Halo 2 (obviously)
Star Wars Battlefront (good for a laugh, for a bit!)
Project Gotham Racing 2 - still beats Forza and GT
Sun 31/07/05 at 19:56
Regular
I haven't played a vast amount of X-box titles, but my favourites are as follows:

The Elder Scrolls 3: Morrowind
Doom 3
Broken Sword: Sleeping Dragon (although this is available on PS2 also)
Fable
Sun 31/07/05 at 22:41
Regular
"Divine Davine"
Hm, well I sold my Xbox due to it's lack of original games lately. I mean it's just drowning in shoot 'em ups, and to be honest they absolutely bore me sh!tless.

Anyways, when I did have it I loved -

Ninja Gaiden - Woo baby, now that was a hard game!
Star Wars KOTOR - Truly, truly amazing.
Shenmue 2 - Yes, I know it's dated, slow and maybe a little boring, but I like it, okay?

And replying to thenamechanger, JSRF is an absolutely superb game. Oh, and Panzer Dragoon Orta is sooo good *orgasms*
Mon 01/08/05 at 09:20
Regular
"Laughingstock"
Morrowind is my most played, but my personal favourite Xbox game is ... probably Panzer Dragoon Orta - just for the style and otherwordly atmosphere.

Close second: JSRF, Thief 3, Otogi 1&2, Morrowind, Enclave.
Mon 01/08/05 at 20:17
Regular
I agree that Shenmue 2 was an excellent game, again from the clutch of relative unknowns.

It was just such a diverse and unusual experience, where you really felt part of the game. The QTAs (if I've remembered rightly) were a stroke of brilliance, as you quickly tapped in the sequence when in pursuit of a bandit

My only gripes were that it was far too short, I knew there was an end date that the game had to be finished by, so I rushed through some of the sidequests and mini-games :( and the camera was a little irresponsive

And, I can't go without mentioning the appalling dubbing, but it made the game in laughter value :D

I've always seen Orta rated highly by Gamers and Mags alike but played the demo and really never got into it

No doubt the graphics were superb and the game did have that 'magical' touch, but shooting so many targets and such a speed felt clumsy
Mon 01/08/05 at 20:28
Regular
"Remember me?"
Digimod, how could you think Half-Life 2 is the best Xbox game when you've not played it?
Mon 01/08/05 at 22:38
Regular
"gsybe you!"
'All time' sounds so crap.

Best Xbox game?

Probably Ninja Gaiden, although it was solid.

But not much on Xbox has really been AMAZING for me.

As in, uber quality amazing wow omfg.
Mon 01/08/05 at 22:44
Regular
"Divine Davine"
Ninja Gaiden is absolutely incredible, but it's just SO hard.

I was on Chapter 12 before I sold it, however the hardest point was definitely the Aquaduct. Hnnnrrr, the amount of times I saw the game over screen on that... :(

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

10/10
Over the years I've become very jaded after many bad experiences with customer services, you have bucked the trend. Polite and efficient from the Freeola team, well done to all involved.
Impressive control panel
I have to say that I'm impressed with the features available having logged on... Loads of info - excellent.
Phil

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.