GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Rule Britannia!"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Thu 18/01/01 at 22:26
Regular
I've heard news today on a new British console which is ment to blow the X-box away!

I haven't seen any graphics, technical specifications, not even a look at the design. All I've heard is it's supposed to be the console of all consoles!

I don't know whether this British console has been in it's design process for a while or whether it's even made by a well known company but if what the news said is correct then it looks like Nintendo and Microsoft have a lot of hard work to do!

Personally I don't think that Nintendo can fail, nor do I think Microsoft will! Nintendo is the worlds most famous games company and Microsoft is the richest! Sega is having problems at the moment and Sony are with their PS2 hardware problems i.e. the lack of.

So, what games will be developed for this new "super console"? Will we have games like the Duke Nukem series made by a company who tends to make games for all consoles? Or will Sega start making games for it? We've all heard they might be making just software in the future!

Also how will this effect the way we buy games? Will we have a price war which will mean a severe drop in games prices? I hope so! If this new console sells games at low prices then Nintendo and Microsoft will follow, as will Sega and Sony. then to try and compete all the companies will lower their prices and we'll be paying even less! We may see Gameboy Advance games at a higher price then the larger console games!

As you've probably guessed, I'm sticking with Nintendo for my next console and handheld but it will be interesting to see how Britain do in the console Wars! We now have Japan-vs-USA-vsUK!

The fact that the biggest selling products in the UK last year were Videogames is more encouraging to UK hardware designers who are planning on making consoles. Whether or not they'll be good quality or not is another question! I just hope that this new British company uses originality like Nintendo and Sega! I prefer originality! And so does the rest of the gaming market in general! I hate playing a game which is virtually the same as another with a slightly different name and slightly different storyline!

Anyway, here's my message to that new UK console company!

Good luck!
Thu 18/12/08 at 20:18
Regular
[B]St.Austell the largest Town in Cornwall,0ver 22,000 resiidents, no carnival,very few annual events, sounds that are often heard echoing around st.austell bay, well lets not just talk about it lets do something about it. In January 2009 i am planing on getting together a few friends and people who have ben there and start planning a annual local event. Of course the final plan will depend on the direction of the formed committee but your input and views are also needed to direct the committee in the direction of what the majority of the public wants.
Fri 19/01/01 at 16:39
hmm, a games machine from Dyson. I bet it sucks.
Well, someone had to make the joke.
Fri 19/01/01 at 16:37
Regular
"Excommunicated"
I saw a funny dilbert the other day, the guy signed a contract by accident to be Bill Gates towel boy and it was quite funny!
Fri 19/01/01 at 16:20
Regular
Ron Freely: A name you can trust.
Fri 19/01/01 at 16:17
Regular
"Copyright: FM Inc."
This is just pasted directly:

"Reports have been circulating regarding the release of the next big thing in the console world, the Aquitaine, from the British tycoon based company Dyson. When we called Mr. Dyson he was not available for comment, but we managed to get hold of the Director of Operations, Ron Freely, who gave us this comment:

'Dyson have been keeping an eye on the console market for a while now, and with Microsoft pushing the Americans into the multi-billion pound market, we here at Dyson felt it was time that Britain had it's fair share of the pie too. The Aquitaine is currently under development, and will rival the XBox for specification with a few extras thrown in, and will be ready, we hope, for release in 2002.'

We pointed out to Mr. Freely that at present no reports of developers flocking to work on the Aquitaine had yet been hear of. Mr. Freely replied: 'Games developers? We won't be needing them, it's all in house.'"

We'll keep you updated on xxxx-xxxx.com.
Fri 19/01/01 at 16:05
Regular
Perhaps they'll start the Britsole games collection, get three for a fiver each, and then buy another ten at £45 each, with £10 post and packaging.

Or just send you the 10 crappest games they can think of... And then charge you.
Fri 19/01/01 at 16:00
Regular
"Copyright: FM Inc."
What's all this got to do with Britannia Music and Video club though?
Fri 19/01/01 at 12:13
Regular
"Eric The Half A Bee"
A British Console huh... It'll probalby have to be sold with a American image to sell world wide...

meka_dragon :
"Britain hates success."

I really dont think Britain hate success... look how well e embraced the cool Britannia thinga couple of years back... I just think the main problem is that Britain hates ego... and successful people often have big egos... (and I agree :) )

-- Why buy a product that it takes 2000 flushes to get rid of?
Fri 19/01/01 at 07:58
Regular
"not dead"
Yes, a British console.

It will be loved by the public, but only if it is a complete failure.

Like Frank Bruno, or Eddie 'the Eagle' Edwards.

If it was successful, the good old british public would hate it (like Lennox Lewis) and say things like, "Yes, but it's made with foreign parts"

Britain hates success.

MD PQMS8/00
Fri 19/01/01 at 00:26
Regular
"Fishing For Reddies"
British Console eh...?!

Well at least it will be good, reliable, of good quality, ace, superb, excellent, one of a kind, in genius, wonderful...with top games!

None of this Japanese rubbish.....Who ever heard of a man...plumber by Day and super hero by.....day aswell! and a Blue Hedgehog...that can run faster than lightning! Silly Idea! and a Dog, Fox, ...'oops, I think I was supposed to be the PSX mascot but I guess they screwed it all up' LOSER.

At least with British Standards we won't go wrong!

Long Live the Queen! Rule Brittannia! Land of Hope and Glory!

The Game From ENGLAND!!!

PS: How is that Indrema Console coming along?

Hmmmmmmmmmm

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

I am delighted.
Brilliant! As usual the careful and intuitive production that Freeola puts into everything it sets out to do. I am delighted.
Best Provider
The best provider I know of, never a problem, recommend highly
Paul

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.