GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"HD DVD"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Sun 31/07/05 at 20:23
Regular
"Im a Daddy :-)"
Anyone read anything about the 360 changing to HD DVD sometime after release? The first ones will just be standard DVD drives.
Sat 06/08/05 at 18:57
Regular
"Once isn't enough!"
Gwizz wrote:
> Anyone read anything about the 360 changing to HD DVD sometime after
> release? The first ones will just be standard DVD drives.
Nope, not heard anything about the 360 changing to HD DVD sometime after release. I've heard they might change to HD-DVD though, but that's a different thing entirely.
Tue 02/08/05 at 12:52
Regular
"Xbox 360 Rules"
$L!CE wrote:
> But basically the HD-DVD would hold more gigabytes, to store more
> information,whereas DVD holds less. What would you want a game as big
> as San Andreas or small in comparison like sonic adventure?

I know that but if they convert to putting games on HD-DVD's the old xbox 360 will be useless but the HD drives can read standard dvd's but if they did convert they would lose a fortune and would mess up there gameplan.
Tue 02/08/05 at 12:17
Regular
"Hot Gun On Ma Waist"
But basically the HD-DVD would hold more gigabytes, to store more information,whereas DVD holds less. What would you want a game as big as San Andreas or small in comparison like sonic adventure?
Tue 02/08/05 at 11:48
Regular
"Xbox 360 Rules"
The only difference between HD-DVD drives is that we will be able to play DVD movies in high definition because HD-DVD drives use both blue and red lasers the standard DVD disks are more than enough for this generation games.
So if you get Xbox 360 with a HD drive or a standard drive only thing you can't do is HD DVD's so it doesn't matter.
Tue 02/08/05 at 10:41
Regular
The more I think about this the more doesnt make sense, If they really were going to do this then surely it would have a massive impact on the sales at release? As they have got this good head start over Sony this time I cannot see why they would almost throw it away!
Mon 01/08/05 at 13:26
Regular
Bill Gates said that an HD-DVD drive could be a future addition to later Xbox 360 consoles.

It would only be used for playing HD-DVD movies, and not allowed to be used for games as not all 360 support it.
Mon 01/08/05 at 13:15
Regular
"8==="
As far as I can remember they've reserved the option to go HD-DVD at a later date.

They'll probably wait for a HD-DVD drive that can play the older Xbox games to come along first.
Mon 01/08/05 at 10:10
Regular
"Xbox 360 Rules"
Gwizz wrote:
> Anyone read anything about the 360 changing to HD DVD sometime after
> release? The first ones will just be standard DVD drives.

Gwizz they can't change to HD-DVD because the older Xbox 360 can't play the HD-DVD so people with the older Xbox 360 will only be able to play the release games.
Sun 31/07/05 at 20:23
Regular
Anyone read anything about the 360 changing to HD DVD sometime after release? The first ones will just be standard DVD drives.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

First Class!
I feel that your service on this occasion was absolutely first class - a model of excellence. After this, I hope to stay with Freeola for a long time!
Impressive control panel
I have to say that I'm impressed with the features available having logged on... Loads of info - excellent.
Phil

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.