GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Consirn about DS online."

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Mon 01/08/05 at 16:22
Regular
"What's basketball?"
Not too long to wait until the DS becomes online compatible, which is a good reason to rejoice! Or is it? While the idea of playing many great handheld games with or against many people across the globe is a brilliant one, I have one major consirn... the battery life!

Given the short power of the DS' battery- and the amount of time we will(undoubtably) be taking advantage of the opportunity to play Ninty's games online for FREE- I assume that the DS could go off at any minute. This could possibly interfere with not only the owner of said DS, but also the people on the other end. Picture this for instance:

You are in second place on Mario Kart DS and are about to pass the person in the lead. They pass you again, but you manage to grab a red shell that you intend on lunging at the leader. You hit him/her and make your way to first again. As you near the finishing line, just a couple of feet away... Vvdump(the sound of the DS shutting off). This may also stop your opponents dead in their tracks with an error message or the like. Leaving many angry kart drivers.

There are many mysteries of the DS' online capabilities as of now, however, but I hope that Nintendo have already thought about this before hand. Perhaps it might not even use the system's battery power and use a different source. Does anyone know anything about this issue?
Thu 04/08/05 at 11:13
Regular
"In Soviet Russia..."
Like someone(s) said below, play with the charger plugged in if you´re worried.

AC online will pwn.
Thu 04/08/05 at 11:08
Regular
"Im a Daddy :-)"
Hoe do you get online with the DS, what do you need?
Thu 04/08/05 at 09:15
Regular
I wonder if he uses a mobile phone. For they use limited-life Li-ion batteries too.
Wed 03/08/05 at 18:49
Regular
It is possible that their dialysis machines are controlled by a DS on a wireless network.

One dead battery and their kidneys could be pumped full of soup from the vending machine.
Wed 03/08/05 at 18:44
Regular
"Jog on, sunshine"
Dead Spiders wrote:

> The battery may empty but the children will live.

:D

Unless they're hooked to a life-support machine that, er, runs on batteries. :D
Wed 03/08/05 at 18:43
Regular
"Jog on, sunshine"
Walrus wrote:
> The-IronFlame wrote:
> What the heck is "unintencholional"
>
> I think he meant unintentional.

I think you need your irony receptor's fixing.
Wed 03/08/05 at 18:42
Regular
Consirn yourself not Marinky!

The battery may empty but the children will live.
Wed 03/08/05 at 16:36
Regular
"It's so,so cold"
The-IronFlame wrote:
> What the heck is "unintencholional"

I think he meant unintentional.
Tue 02/08/05 at 20:13
Regular
"I got a great Idea"
Albino-Man wrote:
> Marinky_Kongshi wrote:
>
> Even if what you are saying were to be true, there's still the 10
> hour battery life to think about. Not to mention the fact that it's
> power shortens after 500 recharges.
>
> 10 hours is more than enough. You're never going to be on there for
> 10 hours straight.

also, even if you do manage to get past the 500 recharges, you can easily get anouther battery for a coouple of quid
Mon 01/08/05 at 20:22
Regular
"Remember me?"
It means that he's one big p*ss-taking mofo.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Brilliant service.
Love it, love it, love it!
Christopher
Wonderful...
... and so easy-to-use even for a technophobe like me. I had my website up in a couple of hours. Thank you.
Vivien

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.