GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Who are you?"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Sat 22/03/03 at 21:21
Regular
Inspirational. Found this somewhere (can't remember the URL). Applies to many people here, I'd think.

Who are you? That's the first problem, really, you can't be yourself if you don't know who you are. I don't know who I am, I can't be myself because I haven't the slightest clue how to do so. It's supposed to be easy to be yourself, it's supposed to be natural, you're just supposed to be. It doesn't work like that, I've noticed. I am me, but I can never be myself, that isn't what anyone wants any way. What people really want is for you to fit their idea of you and what you should be, they want you to do what is expected of someone "like you". The truth of the matter is, most people spend so much time trying to be everything to everyone, they don't get a chance to establish a real persona, real interests, feelings. We're thrown into this life, and from the second we leave the womb people shape who we are, what we think, and it's not until the late teens (for the most part) that you actually get to truly think for yourself. Not that everyone takes the opportunity so soon, others take it earlier, but it becomes available somewhere along the line.
Sat 22/03/03 at 22:03
Regular
I am me because I'll believe what I want whether it is what everyone else believes, or whether it is against the majority.

Individuality is in the mind. No two people experience the same lives and we are shaped by our experiences. Sure, we are partially moulded to be certain ways, but as children tend to show us at a very young age with their own personalities, we can't be completely fixed to be certain people.

An example of my individuality, relevant to Special Reserve, I still consider the Pokémon series of games as fairly good. Not as exciting as they seemed originally, but I'll be trying out the new GBA and GameCube versions, even if I am victimised by other members on here for it.

Only you can tell yourself how to be yourself. If you listen to others in this respect, then you're still not being yourself.

Just make sure you don't get shot and have the 'Welsh Lamb' sticker on your thigh in Sainsburys. (Yes, I'm being metaphorical)
Sat 22/03/03 at 21:30
Regular
"twothousandandtits"
I never try to copy someone, but I have noticed myself acting like other people when around them completely unconsciously. Very strange indeed.

Our environment plays a bigger part than we realise.
Sat 22/03/03 at 21:22
"slightlyshortertagl"
Yup, definately.

Fortunately I've managed to be syself as far as I know. I would never try and copy someone else to become 'cool' or 'popular'.

In my view that's lower than low.
Sat 22/03/03 at 21:21
Regular
"¬_¬"
Inspirational. Found this somewhere (can't remember the URL). Applies to many people here, I'd think.

Who are you? That's the first problem, really, you can't be yourself if you don't know who you are. I don't know who I am, I can't be myself because I haven't the slightest clue how to do so. It's supposed to be easy to be yourself, it's supposed to be natural, you're just supposed to be. It doesn't work like that, I've noticed. I am me, but I can never be myself, that isn't what anyone wants any way. What people really want is for you to fit their idea of you and what you should be, they want you to do what is expected of someone "like you". The truth of the matter is, most people spend so much time trying to be everything to everyone, they don't get a chance to establish a real persona, real interests, feelings. We're thrown into this life, and from the second we leave the womb people shape who we are, what we think, and it's not until the late teens (for the most part) that you actually get to truly think for yourself. Not that everyone takes the opportunity so soon, others take it earlier, but it becomes available somewhere along the line.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Wonderful...
... and so easy-to-use even for a technophobe like me. I had my website up in a couple of hours. Thank you.
Vivien
LOVE it....
You have made it so easy to build & host a website!!!
Gemma

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.