GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Consoles that are all you will ever need"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Thu 18/01/01 at 20:30
Regular
Lets Face it,consoles are meant for games but the odd extra is nice to have like the DVD player on the playstation 2 or the internet in the Dreamcast but it is all going a bit far now.I mean,dont get me wrong i like the extras but i bought a console for game not little bits!!!
Sony have started this trend with the DVD player(Sega did but that internet thing is relevent to games)it is annnoying me cause it makes me think in the future the consoles will turn into PC's where everythiiing can be done with a click of a button.
What is next,a portable toaster with added coffee machine strapped to the back,or a washing machine with two thousand and one functions.The future for consoles are going this way,look at the Gamecube it has a handle,who the heck is going to need a handle,to carry while your in a jungle getting attacked by apes,It is a joke!
I love my consoles but like others i just wantr to play the best games not make a slice of toast.I would like to hear what you lot have to say on the matter...OHH i Forgot i will have two sugars with mine!!!
Fri 19/01/01 at 12:15
Regular
"Eric The Half A Bee"
I dunno... I always preferred my Amiga to my NES... My speccy to my Intellivision...?
Fri 19/01/01 at 08:08
Regular
"not dead"
The idea of a console not merely being a console, but being a Home Entertainment System is not an idea that really interests me much.

I'd rather see some features that would suit us gamers a little more:

Fridge unit - in which to store cold drinks and snacks. May also help X-Box cooling problems!
Teasmaid - Sometimes a cold drink isn't enough.
Microwave - Because we've missed dinner again just trying to get past one little bit...

MD
Fri 19/01/01 at 07:06
For the record, PS2 uses DVD-Rom, if they are going to be using the storage medium there is no harm in putting in an option for DVD aswell, as it would A) Cost little more to impliment B) Would help sell more consoles
Fri 19/01/01 at 00:47
Regular
"smile, it's free"
yes, its 'free' isn't it? No chance it would raise the retail price. I seem to remember Lylat wars had a 'free' rumble pack too.
I wonder how this affects sales?
Fri 19/01/01 at 00:02
Regular
"Fishing For Reddies"
I also agree, but think about it, you want the games right? But would you rather have games that needed no peripherals. Take DK64 for example, you need the extra 4MB to play the game, and it is worth it...especially seeing as you get a free E.P with the game!

Perfect Dark is another, all most add-ons do is improove the games you already love...! Extra 'bits' that YOU don't like are there to make the games more enjoyable.

The Game
Thu 18/01/01 at 22:35
Regular
"smile, it's free"
So the next PSX will actually also be an electric radiator then?
Thu 18/01/01 at 21:18
I agree. If sony didn't have the DVD player it would also make it a bit more affordable.
Thu 18/01/01 at 20:30
Lets Face it,consoles are meant for games but the odd extra is nice to have like the DVD player on the playstation 2 or the internet in the Dreamcast but it is all going a bit far now.I mean,dont get me wrong i like the extras but i bought a console for game not little bits!!!
Sony have started this trend with the DVD player(Sega did but that internet thing is relevent to games)it is annnoying me cause it makes me think in the future the consoles will turn into PC's where everythiiing can be done with a click of a button.
What is next,a portable toaster with added coffee machine strapped to the back,or a washing machine with two thousand and one functions.The future for consoles are going this way,look at the Gamecube it has a handle,who the heck is going to need a handle,to carry while your in a jungle getting attacked by apes,It is a joke!
I love my consoles but like others i just wantr to play the best games not make a slice of toast.I would like to hear what you lot have to say on the matter...OHH i Forgot i will have two sugars with mine!!!

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Great services and friendly support
I have been a subscriber to your service for more than 9 yrs. I have got at least 12 other people to sign up to Freeola. This is due to the great services offered and the responsive friendly support.
The coolest ISP ever!
In my opinion, the ISP is the best I have ever used. They guarantee 'first time connection - everytime', which they have never let me down on.

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.