GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Eddie Murphy as the Joker & Labeouf as Robin in Batman 3"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Thu 18/12/08 at 14:11
Regular
The Sun

The Sun were right last time but I really hope this rumour is nothing more. Murphy as the joker? That's gonna be worse than Jim Carrey, which of his recent movies have you enjoyed? Norbit? Meet Dave?Awful, awful movies.

As for Labeouf, he annoys me and I avoid all his movies.
Thu 18/12/08 at 14:11
Regular
The Sun

The Sun were right last time but I really hope this rumour is nothing more. Murphy as the joker? That's gonna be worse than Jim Carrey, which of his recent movies have you enjoyed? Norbit? Meet Dave?Awful, awful movies.

As for Labeouf, he annoys me and I avoid all his movies.
Thu 18/12/08 at 14:22
Staff Moderator
"Show Me Your Moves"
Wow I really, really hope this is a joke, I would have preferred Depp in the part if the had to have The RIddler. Awful, awful news if it's true...
Thu 18/12/08 at 15:11
"possibly impossible"
Well since Christian Bale has pretty much said in every interview that he'd quit if Robin was included then I wouldn't hold a lot of faith in that story.

It could be possible, but Eddie Murphy as the Riddler? I don't know. Don't forget that Nolan will make the character far more realistic, some psycho with a perchant for puzzles. Think more along the lines of Seven I reckon.
Thu 18/12/08 at 15:28
Regular
"Monochromatic"
This all strikes me as highly unlikely. Nolan has said in the past that this is the story of Batman in the early days, way before Robin. Also, Eddie Murphy is a c**k and i doubt Nolan would want to work with him.
Thu 18/12/08 at 15:30
"possibly impossible"
Agreed.

Really loving that Avatar Nin.
Thu 18/12/08 at 16:40
Regular
"I like turtles"
Reckon (and really hope) this is bulls**t.Can't believe Christopher Nolan would put Murphy in as The Riddler or that he would agree to having a Robin character at all,let alone cast that idiot who annoyed the hell out of everyone in the massively disappointing Indiana Jones And The Temple Of The Damn Stupid Spacemen In Their Big Bloody Spaceships or whatever the hell it was called !.

There are a few reasons to make me feel that is isn't true.

1.Chris Nolan is a superb film maker and hasn't let us down yet,no reason to believe he would do it now (unless Warner's ditch him and get Michael Bay or Paul W.S.Anderson to make it !)

2.I doubt there is even a finished script for the next Batman film (presuming there is one),let alone one someone could have read and then leaked :

'Insiders also revealed to The Sun the flick will end on a cliffhanger over whether Batman survives a blast at Wayne Towers. '

Anyway,Wayne Towers is still a construction site isn't it ?,If it gets rebuilt only to get destroyed again Bruce Wayne's home insurance premiums are going to be ridiculous !.

3.This story was in the Scum after all !.
Thu 18/12/08 at 16:53
Regular
"Notable"
Frank lebouef is going to be Robin?! thats sick. I'd discard the idea of Robin completely because Batman Forever scarred me. if it's macho-bonding and the pectorials in the metal chest plate and the wotnots....

Eddie Murphy is the crackheady type for a riddler but please dear god no.

Jim Carrey was sweet as the Riddler fools! But who would I choose? hmmm. Thats a difficult one. Leonardo Dicaprio. Haha.
Thu 18/12/08 at 17:07
"possibly impossible"
Would have to be someone who was believably psychotic without being over the top. I'm convinced that if it was the Riddler being used it would be in a 'cop hunts killer who leaves deadly clues' style.

So ideally you'd be looking for someone fairly young who has been cast as a crafty killer in a previous film.
Thu 18/12/08 at 19:33
Regular
"WeAppearToBeOnFire"
This must be rubbish as Nolan has said that his films are based on the darker side of the young Batman and would not feature a Robin. So based on this I would take the role of Labeouf with a pinch of salt.

But I seriously doubt Eddie Murphy would be chosen to be the Riddler. He would be awful, he is awful and has done nothing decent since Beverly Hills Cop which in turn didn't actually have a decent caliber of acting skills did it.

For me The Riddler would have to be Johnny Depp, Leonardo Di Caprio, Edward Norton or Ian Smith (Harold From Neighbours)
Thu 18/12/08 at 21:02
Regular
jubbachainsaw wrote:
or Ian Smith (Harold From Neighbours)

I had to post simply to marvel at your suggested actor ^

But seriously... Edward Norton was a good suggestion...?

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

First Class!
I feel that your service on this occasion was absolutely first class - a model of excellence. After this, I hope to stay with Freeola for a long time!
Easy and free service!
I think it's fab that you provide an easy-to-follow service, and even better that it's free...!
Cerrie

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.