GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"It's quite disgusting how little people know about this whole Iraq business..."

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Fri 21/03/03 at 17:28
Regular
So I'm sitting in my Psychology lesson yesterday, when all of a sudden my teacher says "So what do you think about this war then?", in the stupidly irrelevant way that he does.

All sorts of opinions start flying around, and this girl starts mouthing off about God knows what. I'm sure she didn't even know. One minute she's saying it's wrong the next minute she's saying "And if we don't do anything, in a few month's we'll be getting anthrax attacks". Nuff said on that one.

Then later my teacher said "SO how many people have died so far?"

Me: "Three", said in an obviously jokey manner as a bit of light hearted banter. It got a few titters.

Other girl: "It started at-"

Me: "No, I meant how many people have died so far"

Her: "...Eleven isn't it?"

She couldn't even tell that I wasn't being serious. And we wonder why the government don't listen to public opinion.
Fri 21/03/03 at 17:28
Regular
"twothousandandtits"
So I'm sitting in my Psychology lesson yesterday, when all of a sudden my teacher says "So what do you think about this war then?", in the stupidly irrelevant way that he does.

All sorts of opinions start flying around, and this girl starts mouthing off about God knows what. I'm sure she didn't even know. One minute she's saying it's wrong the next minute she's saying "And if we don't do anything, in a few month's we'll be getting anthrax attacks". Nuff said on that one.

Then later my teacher said "SO how many people have died so far?"

Me: "Three", said in an obviously jokey manner as a bit of light hearted banter. It got a few titters.

Other girl: "It started at-"

Me: "No, I meant how many people have died so far"

Her: "...Eleven isn't it?"

She couldn't even tell that I wasn't being serious. And we wonder why the government don't listen to public opinion.
Fri 21/03/03 at 18:45
Regular
Until now I have been prepared to accept the War campaign as being necessary for the future security of this country. I wasn't prepared for what I have just seen on television. Baghdad is under heavy attack, explosions are leaping hundreds of feet in the air and there are buildings burning all over the city. I am just stunned that this country could do something on this scale and try and justify it. There is simply NO way that this bombing can be called 'carefully targeted' , what we are seeing is the destruction of a city. I feel ashamed of my country tonight
Fri 21/03/03 at 20:38
Regular
"twothousandandtits"
This war is highly hypocritical. For everything they're trying to pin on Iraq there is another country doing the same who we are either leaving alone or are actively friends with.
Fri 21/03/03 at 20:46
Regular
"Selected"
It's gotten to a point where I know everyone discussing the situation WILL make a stupid point somewhere in their arguement...

Somebody said in class today to someone else who went on an anti war protest "Don't you think its unfair to the soilders." She was suggesting that they might see the anti war campaign and might perhaps feel bad about what they are doing. In the same lesson, the teacher was decided he'd might sound intelligent if he started quoting stupid firgures like "50% of students on anti war marches don't know where Iraq is."

I have now decided that very few people should be entitled to opinions on the situation and those people who occupy a position where they are litterally being told whats happening by people out their and the people out in the middle east who are seeing what is going on with their own eyes....no bs.

If you don't fit into either of these categories, don't even try talking to me about this, I'll only think your an idiot.
Fri 21/03/03 at 20:48
Regular
"Selected"
Blank wrote:
> This war is highly hypocritical. For everything they're trying to pin
> on Iraq there is another country doing the same who we are either
> leaving alone or are actively friends with.

No offence Blank but this is what I'm talking about: You seem to believe that someone higher up is framing Iraq?

I'm sorry but since you have no hard proof what-so-ever, that point is pretty void.
Fri 21/03/03 at 20:58
Regular
"Brooklyn boy"
I agree with you mikelar. I'm one of those people who isn't really shouting their mouth off about this war or anything that is happening in it. I am sitting comfortably in my house in Wolverhampton not living in Iraq so i have no idea what is actually going on. All i am getting is propoganda from media with their own agendas of what to report or not to report. Therefore i can't give a 100% fact based opinion on this war so i'm not going to.
Fri 21/03/03 at 21:17
Regular
"twothousandandtits"
I'm not shouting my mouth off either - I never said a thing during that lesson. Maybe if I'd have been asked, but I wasn't.

And I'm not saying someone is "framing" Iraq at all - you're doing exactly the same as what you're telling others off for. I'm saying that there are ulterior motives other than the ones given.

Iraq has WOMD - North korea.

Iraq treated the Kurds badly - Turkey (who we are currently being pally with to station troups there)

Iraq treats its own people badly - Zimbabwe.
Fri 21/03/03 at 21:38
Regular
"Selected"
Blank wrote:
> And I'm not saying someone is "framing" Iraq at all - you're
> doing exactly the same as what you're telling others off for.

I'm not Blank, I'm just saying you can't back that fact up. I never said anything about Iraq.

But like i said, I don't want to offened you - I'm as stupid as the next person.
Fri 21/03/03 at 22:31
Regular
"twothousandandtits"
...but you are. You're saying that my point isn't valid cannot be valid by your own definition. It's a double edged sword.

It's not about me being offended, that has nothing to do with it.
Fri 21/03/03 at 22:43
Regular
lalakersrule wrote:
> All i am
> getting is propoganda from media with their own agendas of what to
> report or not to report. Therefore i can't give a 100% fact based
> opinion on this war so i'm not going to.

Yeah, everyone has a different story and I have no idea who to believe.
Because it's impossible to know what's actually happening I don't know whether we should be in this war.

I wish they'd tell it to us straight instead of bombarding us with propaganda. It's worse than the forum console wars!

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Very pleased
Very pleased with the help given by your staff. They explained technical details in an easy way and were patient when providing information to a non expert like me.
Simple, yet effective...
This is perfect, so simple yet effective, couldnt believe that I could build a web site, have alrealdy recommended you to friends. Brilliant.
Con

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.