GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"It's quite disgusting how little people know about this whole Iraq business..."

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Fri 21/03/03 at 17:28
Regular
So I'm sitting in my Psychology lesson yesterday, when all of a sudden my teacher says "So what do you think about this war then?", in the stupidly irrelevant way that he does.

All sorts of opinions start flying around, and this girl starts mouthing off about God knows what. I'm sure she didn't even know. One minute she's saying it's wrong the next minute she's saying "And if we don't do anything, in a few month's we'll be getting anthrax attacks". Nuff said on that one.

Then later my teacher said "SO how many people have died so far?"

Me: "Three", said in an obviously jokey manner as a bit of light hearted banter. It got a few titters.

Other girl: "It started at-"

Me: "No, I meant how many people have died so far"

Her: "...Eleven isn't it?"

She couldn't even tell that I wasn't being serious. And we wonder why the government don't listen to public opinion.
Sun 23/03/03 at 05:10
Regular
It is important for people to remember that the American and British governments did nothing to condemn the Iraqi governments use of WMD's against its own people until Kuwait was invaded. Threatening their oil supply seems to be the only way of getting their attention.
Sat 22/03/03 at 20:59
Regular
"twothousandandtits"
I completely understand your point, but I don't need all access to in depth information to say what I'm saying. I don't need to be on the front line to know basic information.

All I'm trying to say is that all (or most) of the things Saddam and the Iraqi people are being bombed for is already being perpetrated by other countries.

Apparently, Iraq has weapons of mass destruction. They strenuously deny this, and weapons inspectors haven't had too much luck finding them. North Korea, on the other hand, have openly said they are developing nuclear weapons and soon will they will have the capability to manafacture one nuclear device a week (whether this figure is completely accurate or not makes no difference). And Iraq remains the priority.

Of course, we all know that Saddam has treated his people terribly. So has Robert Mugabe in Zimbabwe, and what do we do? Play cricket with them, and debate about whether we should shake his bloody hand. Iraq remains the priority.

And Iraq has constantly abused the Kurds for several years. But they're the only ones to do that. No, wait, Turkey did it as well. Not to mention the Armenian genocide. And our position on Turkey? We're friendly with them, so we can use their bases to be closer to Iraq.

About the only way Iraq differs is to have oil - I don't mean to sound like every other person who says it's a war over oil, but since Saddam has started to burn the oil fields it seems a lot more convincing. Saddam seems to think it's over oil - and he knows more than me I'm sure.
Fri 21/03/03 at 22:49
Regular
"Selected"
Blank wrote:
> ...but you are. You're saying that my point isn't valid cannot be
> valid by your own definition. It's a double edged sword.

look, i don't want to get bogged down in this, that'd completely go against my original point.

I'm just saying that when people talk about the situation in Iraq, they often make comments that they have no way of backing up. You said "For everything they're trying to pin on Iraq..." and I'm saying you have no way of reinforcing that point.
Fri 21/03/03 at 22:43
Regular
lalakersrule wrote:
> All i am
> getting is propoganda from media with their own agendas of what to
> report or not to report. Therefore i can't give a 100% fact based
> opinion on this war so i'm not going to.

Yeah, everyone has a different story and I have no idea who to believe.
Because it's impossible to know what's actually happening I don't know whether we should be in this war.

I wish they'd tell it to us straight instead of bombarding us with propaganda. It's worse than the forum console wars!
Fri 21/03/03 at 22:31
Regular
"twothousandandtits"
...but you are. You're saying that my point isn't valid cannot be valid by your own definition. It's a double edged sword.

It's not about me being offended, that has nothing to do with it.
Fri 21/03/03 at 21:38
Regular
"Selected"
Blank wrote:
> And I'm not saying someone is "framing" Iraq at all - you're
> doing exactly the same as what you're telling others off for.

I'm not Blank, I'm just saying you can't back that fact up. I never said anything about Iraq.

But like i said, I don't want to offened you - I'm as stupid as the next person.
Fri 21/03/03 at 21:17
Regular
"twothousandandtits"
I'm not shouting my mouth off either - I never said a thing during that lesson. Maybe if I'd have been asked, but I wasn't.

And I'm not saying someone is "framing" Iraq at all - you're doing exactly the same as what you're telling others off for. I'm saying that there are ulterior motives other than the ones given.

Iraq has WOMD - North korea.

Iraq treated the Kurds badly - Turkey (who we are currently being pally with to station troups there)

Iraq treats its own people badly - Zimbabwe.
Fri 21/03/03 at 20:58
Regular
"Brooklyn boy"
I agree with you mikelar. I'm one of those people who isn't really shouting their mouth off about this war or anything that is happening in it. I am sitting comfortably in my house in Wolverhampton not living in Iraq so i have no idea what is actually going on. All i am getting is propoganda from media with their own agendas of what to report or not to report. Therefore i can't give a 100% fact based opinion on this war so i'm not going to.
Fri 21/03/03 at 20:48
Regular
"Selected"
Blank wrote:
> This war is highly hypocritical. For everything they're trying to pin
> on Iraq there is another country doing the same who we are either
> leaving alone or are actively friends with.

No offence Blank but this is what I'm talking about: You seem to believe that someone higher up is framing Iraq?

I'm sorry but since you have no hard proof what-so-ever, that point is pretty void.
Fri 21/03/03 at 20:46
Regular
"Selected"
It's gotten to a point where I know everyone discussing the situation WILL make a stupid point somewhere in their arguement...

Somebody said in class today to someone else who went on an anti war protest "Don't you think its unfair to the soilders." She was suggesting that they might see the anti war campaign and might perhaps feel bad about what they are doing. In the same lesson, the teacher was decided he'd might sound intelligent if he started quoting stupid firgures like "50% of students on anti war marches don't know where Iraq is."

I have now decided that very few people should be entitled to opinions on the situation and those people who occupy a position where they are litterally being told whats happening by people out their and the people out in the middle east who are seeing what is going on with their own eyes....no bs.

If you don't fit into either of these categories, don't even try talking to me about this, I'll only think your an idiot.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Wonderful...
... and so easy-to-use even for a technophobe like me. I had my website up in a couple of hours. Thank you.
Vivien
Many thanks!!
Registered my website with Freeola Sites on Tuesday. Now have full and comprehensive Google coverage for my site. Great stuff!!
John Shepherd

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.