GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"The Rerurn of the King?"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Fri 21/03/03 at 14:14
Regular
Is there going to be a Lord Of The Rings: The Return of the King??

Saw it somewhere earlier, but wasn't sure if it was just a rumour..

Also, I'm sure I've seen it somewhere before on the forums but couldn't find it.. is there a Dumb and Dumberer:When Harry met Lloyd?
Sun 23/03/03 at 13:42
"The Will of D."
Small Blue wrote:
> *Laughs at the fact that his previous post was deleted*

laughs at Small Blue becuase i never made more than 3 posts in this topic other than this one I've posted right now. Period.
Sat 22/03/03 at 15:26
Regular
SmokedKipper wrote:
> Don't listen to a word of it. It's not clear what is and isn't going
> to be changed in the third film just as it wasn't exactly clear what
> was or wasn't going to be changed in The Two Towers this time last
> year. There is a change to the end that I have read about but it's a
> change to the VERY end (as in just before the credits). Check out
> comingsoon.net if you really want to know but it's not very
> interesting - it doesn't describe any change in events, just points
> out an additional bit tagged onto the end which isn't in the books.

Actually it is clear that the scouring will not be in the film - listen to the FOTR Extended Edition director's commentary and Peter Jackson explains why. He says he dealt with the scouring by showing it in Gladriel's mirror. But it is correct that many other changes are purely speculation - I'm only suggesting what could happen to Saruman due to the exclusion of the scouring.
Sat 22/03/03 at 14:08
Regular
"Looking for freedom"
Insane Bartender wrote:
> Why thankyou for spoiling the film for me you vacuous bufoon.

Don't listen to a word of it. It's not clear what is and isn't going to be changed in the third film just as it wasn't exactly clear what was or wasn't going to be changed in The Two Towers this time last year. There is a change to the end that I have read about but it's a change to the VERY end (as in just before the credits). Check out comingsoon.net if you really want to know but it's not very interesting - it doesn't describe any change in events, just points out an additional bit tagged onto the end which isn't in the books.

And what is Allthank? Surely if this person had either read the books or any article about the film they wouldn't have got the name of one of the towers so spectacularly wrong.
Sat 22/03/03 at 12:40
Regular
Psyİho Fox wrote:
> When have you ever saw a book trilogy being turned into a set of films
> without them making all of the films? Never.

Well only the Fellowship of the Ring was made in the animated Ralph Bakshi version due to a lack of funding.

*ROTK Spoilers*

On the subject of the cut of the Scouring of the Shire, I believe Peter Jackson has made the correct decision. After the huge battles of the Morannon and Pelenor Fields, it would seem like an anti-climax to have a Hobbit battle as the final stroke of the war. And for those interested, Saruman's death is now expected to be in the film part of the 'Voice of Saruman' chapter in the book (which was originaly in The Two Towers).
Fri 21/03/03 at 16:22
Regular
"cachoo"
Small Blue wrote:
> Well done Ms NY - you are successful in making yourself out to be a
> complete fool.

Do I get an award?

Woo.
Fri 21/03/03 at 16:06
Regular
"+34 Intellect"
I was wondering about that when sam didnt get his "proper" gift in Lorien.
Fri 21/03/03 at 15:58
"Darkness, always"
Why thankyou for spoiling the film for me you vacuous bufoon.
Fri 21/03/03 at 15:54
Regular
"thursdayton!"
You may like to know that Peter Jackson is changing the ending of the third book, missing out the huge chunk about the scouring of the shire, where Saruman becomes Sharkey and takes over the shire, destroying it. Frodo and co. eventually arrive and sort things out and Wormtongue redeems himself by turning on his master and killing Saruman.
All cut.
Instead, Sarurman is going to be shish-ca-bobed on a spike of the Tower of Allthank. Theres a toy of it too.
Fri 21/03/03 at 15:48
Regular
"Spunkeh Monkeh"
Psyİho Fox wrote:
> "is there going to be a 'Return of the King' o is it just a
> rumour?"
>
> When have you ever saw a book trilogy being turned into a set of films
> without them making all of the films? Never.
> And there will be the final Star Wars part as well sometime next year.

Well done Ms NY - you are successful in making yourself out to be a complete fool.

*Laughs at the fact that his previous post was deleted*
Fri 21/03/03 at 15:36
"Darkness, always"
I managed to refrain making comments about "Re-run of the king" or something..

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Unrivalled services
Freeola has to be one of, if not the best, ISP around as the services they offer seem unrivalled.
Wonderful...
... and so easy-to-use even for a technophobe like me. I had my website up in a couple of hours. Thank you.
Vivien

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.