GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Ron Welty has left the Offspring"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Thu 20/03/03 at 21:37
Regular
That's right, you've heard the tragic news. Ron Welty, drummer for The Offspring for over 15 years, has left the band in favour of pursuing a new project, 'Steady Ground'. The rest of the band wished him all the best and said although it'll be weird to carry on without him, they've employed the services of John Freese to finish up their current album.

The Offspring, undoubtedly THE biggest (and oldest) punk rock band ever, have been going strong for ages, with their first album (imaginatively titled 'Offspring') released in 1989. Since then then they've released 5 other albums, which have all sold well and each have had a unique and individual style. The Offspring's success has spread worldwide, with their tours continuing to sell out. They recently won 'Best Songwriter' as the MTV Kerrang awards.

However now it looks like they're slowing down. After their hit-selling albums Americana (1998) and Conspiracy of One (2000) nothing much has happened and although they are currently recording another album, the Offspring have already said it would be their last and now that Ron has quit the band two weeks into studio recording, it looks like the band's fate is sealed. Unfortunately age has caught up with perhaps the greatest punk rockers of all time.

It's such a shame that the Offspring couldn't have gone out on a high, with Ron finishing the job all four of them started over 15 years ago. Please show your respect for the band by buying the Offspring's final album when it is released in a few month's time. In the meantime listen to some of their music and realised why they've been going strong for so long.

The Offspring, I salute you.
Thu 20/03/03 at 21:37
Regular
"keep your receipt"
That's right, you've heard the tragic news. Ron Welty, drummer for The Offspring for over 15 years, has left the band in favour of pursuing a new project, 'Steady Ground'. The rest of the band wished him all the best and said although it'll be weird to carry on without him, they've employed the services of John Freese to finish up their current album.

The Offspring, undoubtedly THE biggest (and oldest) punk rock band ever, have been going strong for ages, with their first album (imaginatively titled 'Offspring') released in 1989. Since then then they've released 5 other albums, which have all sold well and each have had a unique and individual style. The Offspring's success has spread worldwide, with their tours continuing to sell out. They recently won 'Best Songwriter' as the MTV Kerrang awards.

However now it looks like they're slowing down. After their hit-selling albums Americana (1998) and Conspiracy of One (2000) nothing much has happened and although they are currently recording another album, the Offspring have already said it would be their last and now that Ron has quit the band two weeks into studio recording, it looks like the band's fate is sealed. Unfortunately age has caught up with perhaps the greatest punk rockers of all time.

It's such a shame that the Offspring couldn't have gone out on a high, with Ron finishing the job all four of them started over 15 years ago. Please show your respect for the band by buying the Offspring's final album when it is released in a few month's time. In the meantime listen to some of their music and realised why they've been going strong for so long.

The Offspring, I salute you.
Thu 20/03/03 at 22:44
Regular
"+34 Intellect"
*Salutes the Offspring*

Is the new album out this year? Its been a long wait since conspiracy of one.
Thu 20/03/03 at 22:50
Regular
I've still got to get their two first ones...which I'll get round to eventually :)
Fri 21/03/03 at 09:17
Regular
"Vote For Pedro"
Which is the best Offspring album?
Fri 21/03/03 at 10:01
Your a knob, "oldest punk band ever", i think not. Ever heard of The Clash back in the 70's?! Sure they are a lot older than The Offspring. The Sex Pistols are another. Your young stupid mind can only think back 4 years and dont go making sweeping remarks like the offspring are the greatest ever, they are good but finished a few years ago with the appauling Conspiracy of One albumn.
Fri 21/03/03 at 16:51
Regular
"Hellfire Stoker"
G®åpô²ºº² wrote:
> Your a knob, "oldest punk band ever", i think not. Ever
> heard of The Clash back in the 70's?! Sure they are a lot older than
> The Offspring. The Sex Pistols are another. Your young stupid mind
> can only think back 4 years and dont go making sweeping remarks like
> the offspring are the greatest ever, they are good but finished a few
> years ago with the appauling Conspiracy of One albumn.

Yes, but the Offspring have been recording for years and are getting on a bit- I think they're all nearing 40. And unlike 'old' punk bands they're all still alive. And anyway,this coming album might not be their last- They'll probably release a greatest hits compilation in a few years.
Sat 22/03/03 at 09:59
Regular
"I am Bumf Ucked"
Ixnay On The Hombre is probably the best alb.

Damn. I love the Offspring, and I guess I won't ever see them at thier best.
Sat 22/03/03 at 11:54
Regular
"Whatever!"
Mouldy Cheese wrote:
> Ixnay On The Hombre is probably the best alb.

It is indeed!
Sat 22/03/03 at 11:56
Regular
"Excommunicated"
Yes oldest punk band

MUuuuuuh
Sat 22/03/03 at 13:28
Regular
"Peace Respect Punk"
CDouch wrote:
> Which is the best Offspring album?

I'd say 'Ixnay on the Hombre' even though nothing on there is quite as good as the song 'Smash' (from the album of the same name). 'Americana' and 'Conspiracy...' weren't bad, just not as good as they could have been. Anyway, I've heard news on the new Offspring album, but hadn't heard it would be their last... Where did you read that?

Oh, and Offspring are certainly not the oldest punk band... Bad Religion are still going and they started before Offspring and the Damned are still going (on Dexter Hollands Nitro label infact), and they were one of the first wave punk bands! And greatest is a matter of opinion...

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Excellent
Excellent communication, polite and courteous staff - I was dealt with professionally. 10/10
Easy and free service!
I think it's fab that you provide an easy-to-follow service, and even better that it's free...!
Cerrie

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.