GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Road To Perdition"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Thu 20/03/03 at 18:23
Regular
Anyone seen this film? Rented it yesterday and still haven't got round to watching it!!

I thought it would be good only because of Thomas Newmans' music in it.. but it's also directed by the same man who did American Beauty.

Yes.. anyway!

Anyone seen it? If so, any good?
Fri 28/03/03 at 17:40
Regular
"cachoo"
Nicely written!
Fri 28/03/03 at 15:40
Regular
"funky blitzkreig"
It looks absolutely beautiful. You could watch it with the sound turned off and not be bored. In terms of pure film-making its an amazing film.

It's also well-acted and has a good score, a good cast and a good story. However, for a film about redemption it seems to lack any soul of its own. At the end of the film you won't feel anything for any of the characters. And it's not even emotionally cold in the Kubrick sense.

And that's why the film doesn't stand up as a classic for me. It's beautiful on the surface, but there's nothing underneath.
Thu 27/03/03 at 22:29
Regular
"That's right!"
It was alright, nothing special. Certainly not "The greatest gangster film since The Godfather" since Goodfellas is the greatest gangster film since The Godfather, and it's noway near as good as Goodfellas.
Thu 27/03/03 at 21:15
Regular
"Just Bog Standard.."
£14.99 at Somerfields

:)

Anyway, yea it's a great movie, I went to see it at the cinema when it came out. That Tommy Gun sounded amazing in there.
Thu 27/03/03 at 17:10
Regular
WHSmiths £14/15.99
Woolworths £13.99
Play.com £12.99
Fri 21/03/03 at 11:56
Regular
"cachoo"
Well, I finally got round to watching it. And I thought it was absolutely brilliant!! One of the best films I have seen in a long time.

£15? That's a good price! Shame I don't have one in my town. Cheapest I saw today was £17.99.
Fri 21/03/03 at 00:17
Regular
"That's right!"
I bought it today, £15 at HMV (also got Conan, American History X and Willow, all films I've been meaning to buy on DVD for ages)

Gonna watch it tonight/tomorrow.
Thu 20/03/03 at 23:14
Regular
"Wants Spymate on dv"
I liked it. It was a bit sentimental at points, but it was a well shot, well acted movie, though having the great Paul Newman as a baddie just wasn't cricket.
Thu 20/03/03 at 18:23
Regular
"cachoo"
Anyone seen this film? Rented it yesterday and still haven't got round to watching it!!

I thought it would be good only because of Thomas Newmans' music in it.. but it's also directed by the same man who did American Beauty.

Yes.. anyway!

Anyone seen it? If so, any good?

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Simple, yet effective...
This is perfect, so simple yet effective, couldnt believe that I could build a web site, have alrealdy recommended you to friends. Brilliant.
Con
Second to none...
So far the services you provide are second to none. Keep up the good work.
Andy

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.