GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"If you was manager of ? who would you buy?"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Thu 20/03/03 at 15:56
Regular
Imagine you was in charge of any team in the world and you had enough money to buy anyone you want, within reason, say Southend buying a player like Zidane.

The team I would be in charge of is Manchester United. Now most people would probabley think that Man Utd don't need any new players because they already have a load of big name players. I think your right, but having said that Ryan Giggs is loosing it and Jaun Sebastion Veron is finding it hard with his injury to get back on form.
So my choice for Man Utd would have to be Pavel Nedved. He is an amazing player and I think he would fit in quite well with Man Utd as he already use to playing for a big name team. Nedved would be able to take both Giggs and Verons position when ever they are having a bad match or injured.
Nedved proved that he is a world class player in the matches that Juventus had against Man Utd in the Champions League, even when Juventus were two goals down in the first match he seemed to be the only one who continued to actually try to win the game and was rewarded by scoring the only goal that Juventus had in the two games, and again in the second match he continued to stay on form even when losing I would say he was the man of both matches on the Juventus team.

NEDVED FOR MAN UTD!!!!!!!!!!!
Fri 21/03/03 at 19:41
Regular
"Baros!!!"
Earnshaw and Zamora would be like having Andy Cole and Dwight Yorke, except it would be in the Nationwide leagues.
Fri 21/03/03 at 19:39
Regular
Der Nazi wrote:
> So you think that Bobby Zamora is a better player than
> Zidane,Ronaldo,van Nistelrooy or Henry ?

Where in my post did I say that Zamora is better then Zidane, Ronaldo, van Nistelrooy and Henry? I'm judging it on who would fit in best.
>
> I don't think that Wycombe could afford that bunch....

I didn't say they could did I?
>
> If I was manager of Wrexham I would buy Robert Earnshaw (If I had the
> chance) and upset Cardiff- they'd be as unhappy as if he got a
> hat trick against them!!!!!

Earnshaw rocks. Of course, he's not as good as some of the Wycombe bunch, but still...

:cD
Fri 21/03/03 at 19:30
Regular
"Baros!!!"
Also like the Celtic defender beggining with a 'V'.
Fri 21/03/03 at 18:53
Regular
"Hellfire Stoker"
kurt cobain wrote:
> DW wrote:
> If I was in charge of Wycombe Wanderers, I would sign Hunt from
> Brentford and Zamora from Brighton. I'd also buy Wayne Bridge, and
> El
> Khalej. All four quality players.
>
> So you think that Bobby Zamora is a better player than
> Zidane,Ronaldo,van Nistelrooy or Henry ?

I don't think that Wycombe could afford that bunch....

If I was manager of Wrexham I would buy Robert Earnshaw (If I had the chance) and upset Cardiff- they'd be as unhappy as if he got a hat trick against them!!!!!
Fri 21/03/03 at 18:06
Regular
"Redness Returneth"
DW wrote:
> If I was in charge of Wycombe Wanderers, I would sign Hunt from
> Brentford and Zamora from Brighton. I'd also buy Wayne Bridge, and El
> Khalej. All four quality players.

So you think that Bobby Zamora is a better player than Zidane,Ronaldo,van Nistelrooy or Henry ?

I don't know why you would want to sign Tahar El Khalej.
Thu 20/03/03 at 20:22
Regular
If I was in charge of Wycombe Wanderers, I would sign Hunt from Brentford and Zamora from Brighton. I'd also buy Wayne Bridge, and El Khalej. All four quality players.
Thu 20/03/03 at 20:18
Regular
"Redness Returneth"
Wa-hay, I'm a regular !!!!
Thu 20/03/03 at 20:16
Regular
"Redness Returneth"
Insane Bartender wrote:
> Nedved is an ugly cross-eyed goon.
>
> Ronaldinho for United all the way. He can play in the centre or out on
> the left, in midfield or up front as a striker. This makes him ideal
> cover for Keane/Scholes/Butt/Veron in midfield and Giggsy out on the
> left and Van/Solskjaer up front.
>
> Plus, with Keane getting on a bit now, I think he could easilly demand
> a first team place in most matches.
>
> Ronaldinho. There really is no other choice.

I agree with you. I was going to pick Ronaldo but he can't play in all the positions that Ronaldinho can.

RONALDINHO FOR MAN UNITED !!!!
Thu 20/03/03 at 19:08
Regular
"Baros!!!"
If I was the Villa manager, here is what I'd do:

SELL

Enckelman - 500,000
Angel - 5,000,000
Crouch - 2,500,000
Wright - 750,000
Kachoul - 1,500,000

TOTAL - 10,250,000

BUY

Hoult - 1,500,000
S. Parker - 5,000,000
Boa Morte - 3,000,000

TOTAL - 9,500,000
Thu 20/03/03 at 17:19
Regular
"Brooklyn boy"
Totally agree with IB. Ronaldinho is a must buy player over the summer and i hope Ferguson and the United board gets their finger and wallet out and do whatever it takes to sign him. I'm getting fed up of watching world class player after world class player slip through the net every year because the board is too tight to make the funds available

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Great services and friendly support
I have been a subscriber to your service for more than 9 yrs. I have got at least 12 other people to sign up to Freeola. This is due to the great services offered and the responsive friendly support.
LOVE it....
You have made it so easy to build & host a website!!!
Gemma

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.