GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Anti War Movements"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Wed 19/03/03 at 09:14
Regular
Certainly plenty of them around isn't there ? But did you ever wonder where they get the money from, I mean with them being these organisations usually against corporations, America, war, e.t.c. you'd think they'd be a little strapped for cash, but that isn't the case. Several articles and web sites have recently found out information on two prolific American based anti war movements, that are linked to the Stop The War Coalition in this country.

Firstly, the Not In Our Name group. It's financed by the inter-religious foundation for community organisation, or in short, IFCO. Nice folks. They make a million dollars a year whilst being a non profit organisation, and we all know you don't raise that with raffles and coffee mornings. The group has, and still does, support Cuban dictator Fidel Castro. Sure, not damning, Castro's kept himself to himself. But, the groups other main sponsor activities towards one Sami Al Arian are of far more concern. This guy is currently in federal detention after being charged with fundraising and diverting money to Hamas and the Palestinian Islamic Jihad. Another group sponsoring Not In Our Name is the WWP. Never heard of them ? Well if you're marxist's you want your name out of the papers eh ? Yes, the Workers World Party is known to be sponsoring most anti war groups across the capitalist nations. IFCO also broke UN sanctions when it's central organisers made at least five trips to Baghdad in the mid 1990's.

Let's look at another group, International ANSWER. And these guys are the old International Action Center, and who sponsored IAC ? Well, once again the WWP had it's hands in there too !

But hang on one minute. Maybe the WWP isn't that bad. Sure, they're Marxists but these protests mainly take place in democracies don't they ? We've all got a right to think what we want and protest if we feel we are right in doing so.

Well, apart from the groups own wildly inaccurate propoganda one of the sure things which is known is that the group definitely supports.......wait for it......North Korea ! :) And to add to that it supports another well known man.....come on down President Robert Mugabe ! And it organised protests for the first Gulf War saying military action was not justified...this after Saddam had invaded.

Many Anti-war movements have stated that their message is their own, that it does not matter where the money comes from. Right, that's believable.

I'm not saying this is the case with all movements, but it certainly is with the majority, looking back in the past we can see further evidence how this is usually the case e.g. Cold War protests at US installations in the UK were largely funded, organised and covertly run by fronts for the Russian intelligence agencies.

We have the right to protest, but I think those who protest should be more aware of where the money trail leads. Think about it, how much is really known about any of these groups ? Go look at Stop the War Coalition's website.

Any info on them as a group other than vaguearies ? Just the usual, "if you are against Bush and Blair's war on terror then join us". So they're against fighting terrorists now ? But they want to stop the war in Iraq, and they say Iraq is not linked to terrorists ? Okay......talk about a collective head in the sand....

And yes, I know this topic will annoy many, but none of it's made up, and I think it's time people looked closer at certain groups to find their real motivations.
Wed 19/03/03 at 10:21
Regular
"Big Pimpin'"
Why was it that yesterday when there was a pro war march that came into close proximity with the anti war protesters, that the anti war protesters started pushing them back and hitting them with their boards and signs?

Not the best way to get your message across surely?
Wed 19/03/03 at 10:03
Regular
"Bounty housewife..."
I don't think many people do believe that it is all about oil - the problem is that most of do not still know what the real motivation behind it is.

We heard all about the WOMD yesterday from Blair etc but there still has been no hard evidence produced for the public.

One of two things will happen once the invasion starts - either evidence will be found - maybe weapons will be used against the allies - and then GWB will stick his fingers up to Chirac - or nothing will be found and only evidence of destroyed facilities etc and then Chirac will press for repercussions against the US and allies (us !) by the United Nations and the rest of the international community.

The thing is we just don't know at the moment and we will probably never knwo what the true motivation is.
Wed 19/03/03 at 09:26
Regular
"Infantalised Forums"
Answer my question Bell.

I havent insisted this is all about the oil, I said Bush was in the pockets of Texas oilmen, because they funded his campaign.
If you want, I'll whack the facts up here for you.

The reason I find your opinions worthless and childike is your sudden change of heart, again, to being your previous close-minded superior attitude.
Wed 19/03/03 at 09:21
Regular
"Gamertag Star Fury"
I think you mean "enjoy the coming peace". And it's okay for you and others to insist this is about oil, but when someone comes at it with similar allegations from the other side of the political spectrum then it's all lies......
Wed 19/03/03 at 09:19
Regular
"Infantalised Forums"
Your views and research on this are just as valid as the views of those that believe that Bush is a murdering lying puppet in the pocket of OPEC nations, big business and Satan himself.

I would ask why your sudden change of heart, again, from "Bush is great, Saddam evil. We must attack" to "Actually Bush is wrong and this war will achieve nothing, we need to find another way" to being right back to "Dirty anti-war people"

You flip quicker than a 3yr old with the remote control.
Shut up and enjoy your war.
Wed 19/03/03 at 09:14
Regular
"Gamertag Star Fury"
Certainly plenty of them around isn't there ? But did you ever wonder where they get the money from, I mean with them being these organisations usually against corporations, America, war, e.t.c. you'd think they'd be a little strapped for cash, but that isn't the case. Several articles and web sites have recently found out information on two prolific American based anti war movements, that are linked to the Stop The War Coalition in this country.

Firstly, the Not In Our Name group. It's financed by the inter-religious foundation for community organisation, or in short, IFCO. Nice folks. They make a million dollars a year whilst being a non profit organisation, and we all know you don't raise that with raffles and coffee mornings. The group has, and still does, support Cuban dictator Fidel Castro. Sure, not damning, Castro's kept himself to himself. But, the groups other main sponsor activities towards one Sami Al Arian are of far more concern. This guy is currently in federal detention after being charged with fundraising and diverting money to Hamas and the Palestinian Islamic Jihad. Another group sponsoring Not In Our Name is the WWP. Never heard of them ? Well if you're marxist's you want your name out of the papers eh ? Yes, the Workers World Party is known to be sponsoring most anti war groups across the capitalist nations. IFCO also broke UN sanctions when it's central organisers made at least five trips to Baghdad in the mid 1990's.

Let's look at another group, International ANSWER. And these guys are the old International Action Center, and who sponsored IAC ? Well, once again the WWP had it's hands in there too !

But hang on one minute. Maybe the WWP isn't that bad. Sure, they're Marxists but these protests mainly take place in democracies don't they ? We've all got a right to think what we want and protest if we feel we are right in doing so.

Well, apart from the groups own wildly inaccurate propoganda one of the sure things which is known is that the group definitely supports.......wait for it......North Korea ! :) And to add to that it supports another well known man.....come on down President Robert Mugabe ! And it organised protests for the first Gulf War saying military action was not justified...this after Saddam had invaded.

Many Anti-war movements have stated that their message is their own, that it does not matter where the money comes from. Right, that's believable.

I'm not saying this is the case with all movements, but it certainly is with the majority, looking back in the past we can see further evidence how this is usually the case e.g. Cold War protests at US installations in the UK were largely funded, organised and covertly run by fronts for the Russian intelligence agencies.

We have the right to protest, but I think those who protest should be more aware of where the money trail leads. Think about it, how much is really known about any of these groups ? Go look at Stop the War Coalition's website.

Any info on them as a group other than vaguearies ? Just the usual, "if you are against Bush and Blair's war on terror then join us". So they're against fighting terrorists now ? But they want to stop the war in Iraq, and they say Iraq is not linked to terrorists ? Okay......talk about a collective head in the sand....

And yes, I know this topic will annoy many, but none of it's made up, and I think it's time people looked closer at certain groups to find their real motivations.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

I am delighted.
Brilliant! As usual the careful and intuitive production that Freeola puts into everything it sets out to do. I am delighted.
LOVE it....
You have made it so easy to build & host a website!!!
Gemma

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.