GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Dragonball Trailer"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Thu 11/12/08 at 12:58
Regular
Sadly I'm the only anime fan on Freeola, so I'm not expecting much from this thread but I just wanted somewhere to rant.

Here's a new trailer for the Dragonball movie, which is being produced by Stephen Chow.

Where to start? Well the only thing this movie shares with the manga and anime are the character names, the title and the concept of dragonballs giving wishes. That's about it.

I'm not sure I want to watch this, just like I'm avoiding Indiana Jones 4. I don't want it to ruin my childhood memories. Like pb said, what if they made Bagpuss into a 3D animated cat or gave Postman Pat a mobile phone and helicopter to fly and deliver parcels :S It's just wrong.

This is what Dragonball should be like.
Fri 12/12/08 at 14:24
Regular
"Mooching around"
It was odd that I saw this on YouTube after a good days reminiscing about the Cell saga with friends. Needless to say, this both sickened and amused me.
Fri 12/12/08 at 11:09
Regular
"Notable"
Looks even worse than the Mortal Kombat transition.

I don't see how seeing watching Indiana Jones 4 compares with seeing your mother in the shower either.
Thu 11/12/08 at 15:55
Regular
"THFC"
new dragonball stuff? what is it called and where can i watch it lol.

i saw most of GT but didnt know it went any further?
Thu 11/12/08 at 13:31
Regular
Yotsuba is the new manga (not anime yet) by the creator of Azumanga. Damn funny, got more laughs out of me than Azumanga which I love dearly.

You'll have to review it for me Emmie, I hope it does well for Stephen Chows sake, I love his movies and he's a big Dragonball fan.

Spoonbeast, theres too much new stuff that I'm well behind. I should just buy an anime membership on crunchyroll.com and have an anime marathon or something.
Thu 11/12/08 at 13:27
Regular
"eat toast!"
i should watch/read up on the new stuff thats come out, but frankly i'm watching azumanga daioh again and its still as good as the first time that i saw it.

maybe i'll watch gunslinger girl and see whats that like.
Thu 11/12/08 at 13:25
Regular
"THFC"
i am going to watch it - i like Dragonball very much and i think it could be entertaining, looks like it could be ok. It will never be as good as the original but hey i will give it a go
Thu 11/12/08 at 13:21
Regular
Azumanga? That's so old news, I read Yotsuba&! now. (click the page to read the next one / Other chapters)
Thu 11/12/08 at 13:13
Regular
"eat toast!"
I consider myself an anime fan but i'm part of an elite guard that hates dragon ball z, pokomon and other poopoo animes. for we watch only the finest of stuff like azumanga daioh, planetes, ghost in the shell (SAC and the movies of course), cowboy bebop, visions of escaflowne and many others.

You childish people can watch your dragon balls.

ok jokes aside, i won't be watching this because frankly it looks kinda tacky and i'll probably die of shame if i did watch it. Not that i like dragon ball z or most of the children anime as they've probably put anime acceptance back. If people saw the more mature stuff the might think differently.

My thoughts of the movie can be summed up in this pic. Its going to sink like a stone and critics will pan it.
Thu 11/12/08 at 12:58
Regular
Sadly I'm the only anime fan on Freeola, so I'm not expecting much from this thread but I just wanted somewhere to rant.

Here's a new trailer for the Dragonball movie, which is being produced by Stephen Chow.

Where to start? Well the only thing this movie shares with the manga and anime are the character names, the title and the concept of dragonballs giving wishes. That's about it.

I'm not sure I want to watch this, just like I'm avoiding Indiana Jones 4. I don't want it to ruin my childhood memories. Like pb said, what if they made Bagpuss into a 3D animated cat or gave Postman Pat a mobile phone and helicopter to fly and deliver parcels :S It's just wrong.

This is what Dragonball should be like.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

First Class!
I feel that your service on this occasion was absolutely first class - a model of excellence. After this, I hope to stay with Freeola for a long time!
Impressive control panel
I have to say that I'm impressed with the features available having logged on... Loads of info - excellent.
Phil

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.