GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Cordless mice"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Tue 18/03/03 at 16:14
Regular
A mouse without any wire attaching it to the computer! Thats what i was given on my work experience, truly breath taking technology, but lets put this man made miracle to the test. I the noble Garlic bread am going to find out whether its worth buying one of these or not.

Obliviously it works on this desk but let try try following...

Held hovering above desk and moved
Run across my arm
Run across my leg
Run across my face.
Taken to opposite desk and moved
Taken to opposite end of office and moved
Taken into room over hall and moved
Taken into canteen and moved.

1. FAILURE - after being lifted a measly inch off the desk the mouse fails to work

2. SUCCESS - faking an itch I cunningly scratch my arm, glance around room, good no ones looked up from their work. The mouse working!

3. SUCCESS - again faking another itch, gosh its stuffy in this office I mumble (the perfect cover story if anyone asks what I'm doing!) brilliant! despite the sensor being above the desk the mouse is still fully functional.

4. SUCCESS - This time I run the mouse across my face in a fashion similar to shaving *gasp* somebody's looking, fortunately there more embarrassed than I am so they fake as if they didn't see and continue working.

5. SUCCESS - this was certainly a funny experience, I wait until the office is uninhabited then proceed to the opposite desk, I watch my monitor carefully as I run the mouse frantically around his desk clicking more than a granny with arthritis, nothing, my monitor remains motionless, suddenly a chime!? from the computer on this desk! This mouse has picked up the wrong PC and even worse its performed an 'ILLEGAL OPERATION' time to bail back to my desk and play innocent for a while!

6. FAILURE - I'll just fetch the swivel chair from the corner I claim, taking the mouse with me. I run the mouse frantically around on the chair but nothing : (

7. SUCCESS - "What do you mean you drive a jaguar!?" I ask flabbergasted (despite hearing this story yesterday) can you see it from the window in that office? you can? I'm going to go look if you don't mind, and off I trot into the opposite office (with the mouse in my pocket of course) I reach the window, place the mouse on the windowsill and move it... "HEY MY MOUSE IS MOVING" cries an innocent worker from behind his console. Time to make my exit!

8. FAILURE - by far the stupidest, least likely to work test of all, but worth a try anyway, lunch break rolls around and take my leave, with the mouse of course. I buy my food (SANDWICHES IN TRIANGLE PACKETS, for those concerned), I take a seat and wait for a good opportunity. After a while I get an idea. I place the half eaten sandwich on top of the mouse and roll in around the desk... a few odd glances, one person points at me and someone else giggles, I quickly return to my desk, nothing, no change.

In conclusion nothing is perfect but this mouse in truly incredible, I'm awaiting more test results (like in a tree (but Michael Jackson hasn't E-mailed me back yet)) *realises that joke was inspired by ignorance*

Thanks for reading.
Wed 19/03/03 at 09:08
Regular
"Hallelujah"
Thats a bit contraversial, i post in there! well in all fairness that was part of the reason.
Tue 18/03/03 at 20:53
Regular
Goatboy wrote:
> An amusing post, but (and dont take offence) why post it here in Life
> instead of Fog Prime or Chat?

Because most good posters wouldnt see it
Tue 18/03/03 at 20:30
Regular
"Hallelujah"
mikelar wrote:
> is this a lie?

Do you mean did i really do this?...im afraid so, thats how bored i was. and you can imagin the looks i got in the canteen!
Tue 18/03/03 at 19:42
Regular
"I like cheese"
Well done Sam, it appears you have taken nicely to these forums...everyone else at school who I've told about has just cheated to try and win. :D

Amusing post, and like me you enjoy using words such as 'ignorance.' :D

Just in reply to Goaty, FOG Chat would be right forum, but at least here he might get some decent replies. {:)
Tue 18/03/03 at 19:20
Regular
"Cardboard Tube Ninj"
Azul wrote:
> ....
>
> If you say so Beards.

I win again.
Tue 18/03/03 at 19:07
Regular
"Which one's pink?"

If you say so Beards.

Heh, I can just imagine some loon wandering about an office, scraping a cordless mouse of his arms and legs, and in the canteen etc.

Madness.
Tue 18/03/03 at 19:00
Regular
"Cardboard Tube Ninj"
Gangsta Hamsta wrote:
> mikelar wrote:
> is this a lie?
>
> What kind of question is that?

A simple one, but also one that could be widened indefinitely to begin an argument on what a lie is, and the nature of truth. In fact, it could bring up a whole normative ethics vs meta-ethics argument, and then could branch out into the philosophy of ethics and whether we are in any position to make any kind of claim about the nature of anything.

So, I'd say it's a good question.
Tue 18/03/03 at 18:55
Regular
"Not your monkey"
mikelar wrote:
> is this a lie?

What kind of question is that?
Tue 18/03/03 at 18:45
Regular
"Selected"
is this a lie?
Tue 18/03/03 at 16:38
Regular
"Infantalised Forums"
Fair enough.

The only reason I mention it is that there is a "thing" at the moment of people posting non-life related topics and spamming this once good forum back to the stone age.

It's not a criticism however, because it's a good post and actually says something more than "i fink da ps2 smells of bum".
If nothing else, you'd get a far greater response in Chat.

But hey, at least you bothered to write a decent topic though.
Nice one.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Thank you very much for your help!
Top service for free - excellent - thank you very much for your help.
Impressive control panel
I have to say that I'm impressed with the features available having logged on... Loads of info - excellent.
Phil

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.