GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Phone Booth"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Tue 18/03/03 at 07:36
Regular
I saw this film last night on a *ahem* release (its actual release date is 4th March). Here is my review:

The story basically centres around unstoppable Stu Shephard, an entertainment publicist who lives in New York City. The film starts off by painting the picture of him as a fast-talking high-powered man who gets the job done and at the same time manages to be an absolute creep. He stops to make a phone call to his mistress at a phone booth (as his wife checks his cell phone bills). After the call, he goes to leave the booth when the phone rings. He discovers that someone has been watching him. Someone with a Sniper Rifle aimed right at Stu. Slowly, Stu's world begins to crash around him.

Firstly, I thought it was very interesting how the entire film (minus the brief intro) took place in a single 2ft x 2ft phone booth. This in itself was enough to intrigue me many months ago, as I wondered how they could possibly pull it off. Luckily, the writing is very decent and allows for the plot to take place in a locale as it does and still maintain a level of interest. I was on the edge of my seat (or swivel chair) the entire time, just wondering what Stu would do next and what I myself would do if I were in Stu's situation. Right up until the dramatic climax I had no idea how it was going to end and this film showed that anything could've happened.

The writing, paired with the acting left me very satisfied. Colin Farrel did a great job portratying his emotions in a variety of ways and I certainly think that he is going to make it big with some of the films that he's made (Daredevil, The Recruit). The other cast members play their parts pretty well also, but Farrel stands out to me as being the best.

In conclusion, if you're looking for a rollercoaster ride that will leave you on the edge of your seat, then go get a ticket for Phone Booth on April 4th.

10/10
Wed 19/03/03 at 19:12
Regular
"Spunkeh Monkeh"
Yup. The script was written in something like 1995/1996. And IRC is where I get a few of my films, when there's some sodding slots open :\
Wed 19/03/03 at 17:02
Regular
"Jim Jam Jim"
crazycol wrote:
> Anyone else think this is roughly the same story line as Phone Booth?
> Keep in mind that Liberty Stands Still came on DVD just a little bit
> back, did Phone Booth copy the storyline kind of?

Sort of but not quite. Also Phone Booth would have been made ages ago, it was suppose to be released last year but after the Serial Sniper in the US they delayed the release.
Wed 19/03/03 at 16:35
" Crazy!"
I saw the advert for this a month or so back and thought 'looks good'. A month or so before that my mam had bought the DVD 'Liberty stands still'. She put it on a week or so after that and its roughly the exact same film. In Lib stands still a woman has a phone call on her cell phone (why not just call it a mobile?) and guess what, some guy in a building has a sniper and is going to kill her. She is standing next to a hotdog despensery unit thingy and conveniently there is a pair of ankle cuffs there so she locks herself to it. WOW...here is the best part....... there is a BOMB in the hot dog thingy. In the end the guy kills himself just before the cops come in. I was hoping he was going to set the bomb off all the way through the thing but no he justs kills himself.
Anyone else think this is roughly the same story line as Phone Booth? Keep in mind that Liberty Stands Still came on DVD just a little bit back, did Phone Booth copy the storyline kind of?
Tue 18/03/03 at 22:40
Regular
"Jim Jam Jim"
Small Blue wrote:
> Very good :)
>
> *cough*Kazaa*cough*
>
> :D

Not quite, IRC to be more precise.
Tue 18/03/03 at 20:26
"slightlyshortertagl"
adrian wrote:
> Small Blue wrote:
> How did you obtain it before the release date? :D
>
> Probably the same as you did.

Expwain pwease :0)
Tue 18/03/03 at 20:07
Regular
"Spunkeh Monkeh"
Very good :)

*cough*Kazaa*cough*

:D
Tue 18/03/03 at 19:57
Regular
"Jim Jam Jim"
Small Blue wrote:
> How did you obtain it before the release date? :D

Probably the same as you did.
Tue 18/03/03 at 19:10
Regular
"Spunkeh Monkeh"
How did you obtain it before the release date? :D
Tue 18/03/03 at 17:19
Regular
"Jim Jam Jim"
Small Blue wrote:
> How did you see it?

With my eyes :)
Tue 18/03/03 at 17:12
Regular
"Spunkeh Monkeh"
How did you see it?

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Great services and friendly support
I have been a subscriber to your service for more than 9 yrs. I have got at least 12 other people to sign up to Freeola. This is due to the great services offered and the responsive friendly support.
Easy and free service!
I think it's fab that you provide an easy-to-follow service, and even better that it's free...!
Cerrie

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.