GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Does God Exist?, Or Is it just a bluff"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Sat 07/10/06 at 22:07
Regular
Okay, God, A Lot of people thing he exists, but does he (or she). I mean with all the bad things going on in the world, you would think that he/she would have had enough by how.

I do think, the older you get, the more you tend to believe in a after life, but is death actual the end or are we all just playing a Virtual reality game, in one big room, and when you die, its just game over, and you come back another day, and start all over again.

Could it be, that everything is in reverse, i.e. the church is actual Satan at work. I give you an example, many wars have been started over religion, and today with technology advances, aren’t we creating what Satan would like, pain and suffering.

Imagine if the rise of the anti-Christ predicated to happen in the bible is actual the rise of Christ, who is coming to put all these things this that religion has caused to happen over the years, decades, and even centuries right.

I’m not here to mock people religion, or anything else like that, just that until I see something for my self, I tend not to be a believe it

Many churches, temples and over places of worship, get built, which all cost money, yet I can’t understand why we plough all that resource, weather it time or money into a place of worship, when there is no proof of a GOD, what ever religion you are.

I would be interested to hear what over people views are on the subject, both church go-ers and non-believes.
Sat 07/10/06 at 22:07
Regular
Okay, God, A Lot of people thing he exists, but does he (or she). I mean with all the bad things going on in the world, you would think that he/she would have had enough by how.

I do think, the older you get, the more you tend to believe in a after life, but is death actual the end or are we all just playing a Virtual reality game, in one big room, and when you die, its just game over, and you come back another day, and start all over again.

Could it be, that everything is in reverse, i.e. the church is actual Satan at work. I give you an example, many wars have been started over religion, and today with technology advances, aren’t we creating what Satan would like, pain and suffering.

Imagine if the rise of the anti-Christ predicated to happen in the bible is actual the rise of Christ, who is coming to put all these things this that religion has caused to happen over the years, decades, and even centuries right.

I’m not here to mock people religion, or anything else like that, just that until I see something for my self, I tend not to be a believe it

Many churches, temples and over places of worship, get built, which all cost money, yet I can’t understand why we plough all that resource, weather it time or money into a place of worship, when there is no proof of a GOD, what ever religion you are.

I would be interested to hear what over people views are on the subject, both church go-ers and non-believes.
Sat 07/10/06 at 23:00
Regular
Yeah I sometimes wonder which is evil. Seeing as the devil is imprisoned in hell he doesn't really get to tell his side of the story.
Sat 07/10/06 at 23:08
Regular
"lets go back"
I believe in God. Its quite strange seen as Im doing a degree in Chemistry. Im very scientifically minded and think in a very logical way yet the fact that there is no proof for god doesnt stop me believeing in him.

ps, its "other" not "over".
Sat 07/10/06 at 23:21
Regular
"Brooklyn boy"
Considering I noticed 5 errors in just a skim read of your post I really wouldn't pick up on his grammar. (I should have added that to my list of pet peeves to)

My opinion on God is he's just a man made concept designed to give hope and a bit of relief to life. I'm sure most, if not all, people are scared of dying and have thought *Is that really it when I die?* at one time or another.
That thought is quite scary for the human mind to grasp so we form this God figure with his Heaven as a way to calm that fear. It's kind of like a parental figure watching over us, designed to keep us safe and an outlet for all the problems in life. Of course people with their own objectives then use that belief and twist it around to manipulate others into doing what they want and that's where the problem is. I have no problem with religion on its own and it doesn't cause war on its own, however it does provide a handy and powerful tool of manipulation.
Sat 07/10/06 at 23:58
Regular
"The definitive tag"
NM
Sun 08/10/06 at 00:14
Regular
"Tornado Of Souls"
If God does exist, I feel sorry for him. It must be such a desolate existence.
Sun 08/10/06 at 00:59
Regular
"Monochromatic"
God is a defence mechanism for death anxiety and for those afraid to take responsibility for their own lives.
When you're gone, thats it.
As usual, i refer to Nietzche on religion. He liked Jesus, thought he was a great guy with good ideas, what he hated was the people who followed him blindly instead of thinking for themselves. Loved Jesus, hated organised religion.

"When we blindly adopt a religion, a political system, a literary dogma, we become automatons. We cease to grow."
Anais Nin

Had to throw in a lil Nin as well ;P
Sun 08/10/06 at 01:35
Regular
I've never really believed in God, but ive always wondered if St Thomas Aquinas's theory was theologically possible, maybe God does exist.

We now know what caused the Universe but what caused the Big-Bang and yes it all had to start somewhere but what could be another possible explanation apart from God, i've always wondered.
Sun 08/10/06 at 07:58
Regular
"AkaSeraphim"
I believe in different things, but i dont believe in God!
Sun 08/10/06 at 09:47
Regular
"Laughingstock"
Depends on the defintion of God..
If it's the personal God who takes an interest in our lives - then no.
If it's the creative/destructive force in all levels of existence ("God or Nature" as Spinoza put it) - then yeah.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Brilliant service.
Love it, love it, love it!
Christopher
Everybody thinks I am an IT genius...
Nothing but admiration. I have been complimented on the church site that I manage through you and everybody thinks I am an IT genius. Your support is unquestionably outstanding.
Brian

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.