GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"When are you losing your job?"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Sat 06/12/08 at 14:53
Regular
Because it seems my family are all losing theirs. :(

My mum lost her job a few months ago and the few people who are left are working a little over part time. Apparently if they did reduce all their employees to part time workers they could ask to quit and get redundancy payment. So they keep it just about that.

Now my mum works at Somerfield but they're in talks to be bought out by Co-op so she might lose her job there.

My sister-in-law just got a job at Matalans in Cheltenham and from what I've heard its' really quiet there and theres rumours of them closing down.

And finally my little brother's job at a 4 star golf hotel is in trouble now that the company that owns it has gone into administration. Not the best of news when he has a 1 year old son.

There are even job loses at Aardman animation, that's right even Wallace and Gromit might be heading down to the job centre. :(

Hopefully Freeola will get through this and no one will lose their job.
Tue 09/12/08 at 01:38
Regular
I think Freeola has been laying off people as well. It's been really quite in here, aside from one or two staffies that probably work from their small dark attic, and beg Tony for coal to stay warm. Hence, the new generic, amateur teenie-bopper layout with a MySpace flurry background and Microsoft Word headline font..

I swear, my teenagers have fancier webpages..
Sun 07/12/08 at 13:55
Regular
"Feather edged ..."
El Viking wrote:
> I was told that I hadn't been pushing my weight at work last
> week, but hopefully that's just because i've had a bad couple of
> weeks, and it is an occasionally risky line of work. Fortunately,
> live music seems to be doing fine despite the slowdown.
>
> My dad's now working from home and probably soon to be made
> redundant, as the construction industry is among the worst hit at
> the moment. Maybe people are eating more cake as they're unhappy
> with the situation, my mum's had no bad news from her job baking,
> as far as i know.
>
> In the meantime, I'm looking to get myself some summer work/work
> experience. Might as well do something to improve my prospects!

Well done to all of you for being so 'pragmatic' about the current situation...you are all to be congratulated for such insight and awareness of the present economic climate. This is where the real 'people' are! The current 'crunch' will hit hard and will take years to rectify and it's heartening to read that people are aware of this and not expecting it to be 'an overnight thing'.

The company I work for are 'big time American owned', but we here in the 'good old UK' are totally aware that we are small fry compared to their huge holdings within the US of A! The holding company is Cox Industries - multimedia barons and more - we're just sitting on a knife edge at present! We have been told that we will be extremely busy during the first few months of next year, but the company I work for tends to 'flourish' due to others misfortunes - however it works both ways - increased repossessions/defaults = goods, decrease in buyers of said goods = goodnight Vienna! :-)
Sun 07/12/08 at 13:03
Regular
"Hellfire Stoker"
I was told that I hadn't been pushing my weight at work last week, but hopefully that's just because i've had a bad couple of weeks, and it is an occasionally risky line of work. Fortunately, live music seems to be doing fine despite the slowdown.

My dad's now working from home and probably soon to be made redundant, as the construction industry is among the worst hit at the moment. Maybe people are eating more cake as they're unhappy with the situation, my mum's had no bad news from her job baking, as far as i know.

In the meantime, I'm looking to get myself some summer work/work experience. Might as well do something to improve my prospects!
Sat 06/12/08 at 22:34
"possibly impossible"
Still safe for now, but sorry to hear about your family, Machie.

Not sure what I'd do if I lost my job, it's hard to pay for things as it is and i haven't really got any fallback.
Sat 06/12/08 at 20:00
Regular
I prefer a call centre in England please. Hope all is going well with your job Jason :) Talking of Woolies arent they having huge sales? I hope they find someone to take over Woolies, it'll be a shame to lose it completely.
Sat 06/12/08 at 19:30
Regular
"@optometrytweet"
Sorry to hear that Machie. Hope it all works out for them.

Hopefuly I'm ok. In fact in my department I'm one of a few that they are taking on (first of the new kids if you will).

But jobs are going... one of my friends lost his job as the manager of woolies and his sister lost hers as one of the cashiers at woolies. A few of my relatives work at Airbus in Filton and they are under constant threat of redundancy. My other friends and ex-colleagues at the call centre are also all losing their jobs at Cornhill Direct as they can't afford to operate both a UK and an Indian centre.

Bad times...just hold on t what you've got I suppose...and batten down the hatches!
Sat 06/12/08 at 18:37
Regular
"Notable"
I've been in a credit crunch since september, it's called "poverty stricken student" welcome to my level folks.
Sat 06/12/08 at 14:53
Regular
Because it seems my family are all losing theirs. :(

My mum lost her job a few months ago and the few people who are left are working a little over part time. Apparently if they did reduce all their employees to part time workers they could ask to quit and get redundancy payment. So they keep it just about that.

Now my mum works at Somerfield but they're in talks to be bought out by Co-op so she might lose her job there.

My sister-in-law just got a job at Matalans in Cheltenham and from what I've heard its' really quiet there and theres rumours of them closing down.

And finally my little brother's job at a 4 star golf hotel is in trouble now that the company that owns it has gone into administration. Not the best of news when he has a 1 year old son.

There are even job loses at Aardman animation, that's right even Wallace and Gromit might be heading down to the job centre. :(

Hopefully Freeola will get through this and no one will lose their job.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Very pleased
Very pleased with the help given by your staff. They explained technical details in an easy way and were patient when providing information to a non expert like me.
Simple, yet effective...
This is perfect, so simple yet effective, couldnt believe that I could build a web site, have alrealdy recommended you to friends. Brilliant.
Con

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.