GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Counting Crows, And Incubus"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Sat 15/03/03 at 22:59
Regular
I've been on a music downloading rampage recently, And after reading a few posts on the forums, I've seen many people praising this band "Counting Crows" I personally never even heard of them, until the other day when I saw the video for "Big Yellow Taxi" and I really liked the song (even though its a cover of the Janet Jackson original)

I have "Round Here" aswell, And I really like it! I'm guessing this band is more of an acoustic, mellow, chilled out band? Anyway, Would anyone like to reccomend me some good Counting Crows songs?

Also, i've been downloading loadsa incubus songs, And I must admit they are god damn brilliant! I reccomend everyone should at least attempt to listen to these songs: -

Wish you were here
Nice to know you
Drive
I miss you
Certain shade of green
Vitamin
New Skin

The last three are quite heavy songs, from the album "S.C.I.E.N.C.E"
Sun 16/03/03 at 12:06
Regular
"Picking a winner!"
Just get them all, all the albums and then download all the rare and live stuff.

http://www.kennettnet.co.uk/crows/
This site has the recent NEC show to download as well as some other great stuff(The last song on the page is amazing)

Its all legal as the band promote the recording, sharing and trading of their live stuff.
Sun 16/03/03 at 11:59
Regular
"I am Bumf Ucked"
Get Anna Begins. That rules.
Sat 15/03/03 at 23:37
Regular
"You've upset me"
ADH wrote:
> I would seriously recommend you look out for this album which,
> although i'm not exactly a lifelong Crows fan with a vast knowledge of
> their past work, I think is a great introduction to their fantastic
> music.

There best album(s) in my oopinion are their first and second

August and Everything After (words cannot describe how amazing this album is) and Recovering The Satellites (Same goes for this). Although This Desert Life and Hard Candy are also incredible, they pale in comparison with the first two, if only because the precedent set by a multiplatinum, 96 weeks on the charts debut album is ridiculously high :-)

Anyway, I love them and have ever since I heard the first chord of Round Here 7 years ago.
Sat 15/03/03 at 23:26
Regular
"Is'not Dave... sorr"
I stumbled across Counting Crows as a fan of some of Vanessa Carlton's work (she collaborated [albeit rather briefly] on Big Yellow Taxi) and must say I was instantly hooked.

I went out and immediately purchased Hard Candy which is a fantastic album, and i'm currently looking out for some of their other work.

I would seriously recommend you look out for this album which, although i'm not exactly a lifelong Crows fan with a vast knowledge of their past work, I think is a great introduction to their fantastic music.
Sat 15/03/03 at 23:18
Regular
"You've upset me"
gamezfreak wrote:
(even though its a cover of the
> Janet Jackson original)

You twunt. Sorry, but you have just offended the sounds original writer, Joni Mitchell :-) The Crows cover is crap to be honest with you and thats coming from a hardcore Crows fan. Ah well :-)

> I have "Round Here" aswell, And I really like it! I'm
> guessing this band is more of an acoustic, mellow, chilled out band?

Spot on.

> Anyway, Would anyone like to reccomend me some good Counting Crows
> songs?

Yay, that's hwere I'm a viking!

Omaha
Perfect Blue Buildings
Black And Blue
Long December
Angles Of The Silences (acoustic if possible)
Monkey
St Robinson In His Cadillac Dream
Murder Of One
Holiday In Spain
Mrs Potters Lullaby.

Nice eclectic range there that spans all 4 albums.
Sat 15/03/03 at 22:59
Regular
I've been on a music downloading rampage recently, And after reading a few posts on the forums, I've seen many people praising this band "Counting Crows" I personally never even heard of them, until the other day when I saw the video for "Big Yellow Taxi" and I really liked the song (even though its a cover of the Janet Jackson original)

I have "Round Here" aswell, And I really like it! I'm guessing this band is more of an acoustic, mellow, chilled out band? Anyway, Would anyone like to reccomend me some good Counting Crows songs?

Also, i've been downloading loadsa incubus songs, And I must admit they are god damn brilliant! I reccomend everyone should at least attempt to listen to these songs: -

Wish you were here
Nice to know you
Drive
I miss you
Certain shade of green
Vitamin
New Skin

The last three are quite heavy songs, from the album "S.C.I.E.N.C.E"

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Top-notch internet service
Excellent internet service and customer service. Top-notch in replying to my comments.
Duncan
LOVE it....
You have made it so easy to build & host a website!!!
Gemma

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.