GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Designs Update"

The "Sony Games" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Wed 17/01/01 at 01:29
Regular
Well at last i have something to work with.

They have finally released the Xbox designs.

I must say that i am slightly disappointed with what i have seen. In my honest opinion, i think that the new console from Microsoft is similar to many other games machines that have been before, and are now but a distant memory. I think it resembles a cross between the Sega Mega Drive, and the Sega Dreamcast, with a bit of Sega Saturn thrown in aswell. The one bit i do like is the GREEN LIGHT on the top, but this is not a patch on the subtle little BLUE LIGHT on the front of the PS2.

And as for the joypad, that is a bit Sega-esque too. Is Billy Boy trying to drop some hints to us? Is this some sort of alliance forming? Or is he about to gobble up a competitor? The plot thickens.

I'll leave there now, and give some of you conspiracy theorists something to chew on.

Let me know what you think.
Wed 04/02/09 at 12:38
Regular
I have just looked up plans for the new medical centre on the NHS website. The Local Improvement Finance Trust (LIFT) state that the Legion Field is the only viable site and speak of plans to incorporate additional services to those currently provided at the GP surgery and Barfield Road clinic. Certainly this is an exciting project intended to enhance the range of services now provided locally and create space for other health, social and voluntary services commissioned in the future.
Those who object to the site have their reasons but it seems to me that it is an ideal position with easy access and parking and will leave an area sufficient for a planned sports ground for the school. Although this forms part our 'open space' since the demise of the Lifeboat Fete and other major local events, access and use have not been readily available. Hopefully, therefore, it would be saved from further (less beneficial) development
Tue 03/02/09 at 12:06
Regular
Unfortunately I didn't get to see the plans for the centre but
it has been reported they were mainly well received.Headmistress of the school, Mrs Shenton, has published a letter however, stating that no formal negotiations have taken place and no offer has been placed on the table with regard to using part of 'Legion' field still a bone of contention with some residents. It seems that similar plans in Wivenhoe are also raising some opposition to their proposed site!!
Fri 05/12/08 at 11:02
Regular
At last we hear there has been movement on proposals for a new Medical Centre and the 'Legion Field' confirmed as the site. There is to be public consultation during December - February Plans will be on display at the MICA Centre on 7th January between 4.30pm and 7.00pm and 13th January between 9.30am and noon. The plans will also be on display at Colchester primary Care Centre, West Mersea Practice and WMTC offices in Melrose Road. It is reported that the centre will incorporate the community services currently provided at Barfield Road clinic and will create space for NHS social care and voluntary services at a later date. An opening date of October 2010 is forecast
Wed 17/01/01 at 11:33
"High polygon count"
I'll reserve any real judgment on Bill's machine performance-wise until I've seen it in action running a real game instead of a demo, as demos prove nothing.

I'm not keen on the design of the console, to be honest, and I don't like the idea of the offset analogue sticks - looking from the top, the left stick is higher on the pad than the right one, and this could be awkward. I personally would have preferred the sticks to be symmetrical, with the d-pad above (dare I say it... just as on Sony's Dual Shock pads.)
Wed 17/01/01 at 01:29
Well at last i have something to work with.

They have finally released the Xbox designs.

I must say that i am slightly disappointed with what i have seen. In my honest opinion, i think that the new console from Microsoft is similar to many other games machines that have been before, and are now but a distant memory. I think it resembles a cross between the Sega Mega Drive, and the Sega Dreamcast, with a bit of Sega Saturn thrown in aswell. The one bit i do like is the GREEN LIGHT on the top, but this is not a patch on the subtle little BLUE LIGHT on the front of the PS2.

And as for the joypad, that is a bit Sega-esque too. Is Billy Boy trying to drop some hints to us? Is this some sort of alliance forming? Or is he about to gobble up a competitor? The plot thickens.

I'll leave there now, and give some of you conspiracy theorists something to chew on.

Let me know what you think.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Great services and friendly support
I have been a subscriber to your service for more than 9 yrs. I have got at least 12 other people to sign up to Freeola. This is due to the great services offered and the responsive friendly support.
Very pleased
Very pleased with the help given by your staff. They explained technical details in an easy way and were patient when providing information to a non expert like me.

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.