GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"rogue spear"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Sat 06/08/05 at 17:06
Regular
"michael"
Hi i have just got rogue spear and when i run the program it comes up with The Rogue spear screen but instead of goin further into the game it goes to the desktop main screen i would like help on why this happens thank you.
Sat 06/08/05 at 18:11
Regular
"michael"
i have reinstalled it 3 times and set it to win 98 win 95 win 200 and nothing changed but thank you anyway.
Sat 06/08/05 at 18:09
Regular
"Captain to you."
Have you patched it up to it's latest version? if not try that.

You are probably going to need to reinstall it.

uninstall, then go in to the cd and right click the setup.exe and set it to the windows 98 compatability mode like before, then install it and then try the compatability mode on the games .exe again.

Other than that theres not a whole lot you can do, maybe check forums that are just about rogue spear and use the search function to look for people with the same problems and see if they managed to fix it.
Sat 06/08/05 at 17:55
Regular
"michael"
No sorry that did not work it comes up with the rogue spear tom clancey screen then it goes to the desktop.
Sat 06/08/05 at 17:41
Regular
"Captain to you."
I assume you are on XP, you need to right click the games .exe go to properties > Compatibility tab > click the 'run this program in compatibility for' box > then select win98

I can't guarantee this works but it seems the most likely way, also doing a check disk of your hard drive would be a good idea but it takes some time.

Also if you need help don’t Spam the forums as people are unlikely to bother, one topic is enough.

Hope it works if not post again.
Sat 06/08/05 at 17:06
Regular
"michael"
Hi i have just got rogue spear and when i run the program it comes up with The Rogue spear screen but instead of goin further into the game it goes to the desktop main screen i would like help on why this happens thank you.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Thanks!
Thank you for dealing with this so promptly it's nice having a service provider that offers a good service, rare to find nowadays.
Excellent
Excellent communication, polite and courteous staff - I was dealt with professionally. 10/10

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.