GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Metroid Prime 3"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

This thread has been linked to the game 'Metroid Prime 3 : Corruption'.
Sat 06/08/05 at 19:47
Regular
"bit of a brain"
Some new info from Retro about the third in the Prime series, taken from IGN.com:

[I[Retro acknowledged that Metroid Prime 3 would bring the trilogy to an end. "The plot of Prime 3 is about closure, told against the backdrop of an epic struggle," Retro revealed.

Once more, Samus Aran's adventure will take place in first-person mode. "We don't plan on using a third-person camera for the times when Samus is in a suit," the company confirmed.

The mysterious material Phazon will again play an integral role in the adventure. Aran will this time battle Metroid enemies and other, completely new threats, according to the studio.

The game will be enhanced by way of Nintendo's new controller for Revolution. "We plan on taking advantage of a number of new features in the Revolution, including the controller," the developer said.

Although Nintendo has downplayed the raw processing power of Revolution, saying that it has designed the console to be small, quiet and affordable, Retro seems confident that it will be able to take the franchise to new visual heights. "The 'engine' [we developed] underwent drastic improvements between Metroid Prime 1 and 2, and will see even more between 2 and 3," the company stated. "Our engineers are a very talented and dedicated bunch, and they're constantly looking for ways to make our games run smoother with more detail."

Music production on the game has yet to begin, but Retro confirmed that famed composer Kenji Yamamoto, responsible for the moody music in the first two games, will be returning for Prime 3. "We hope to take the music into some new directions for this title, and there's no doubt Mr. Yamamoto is going to relish the challenge," it said.

And finally, good news for fans of Andrew Jones, the talented Retro Studios artist who created some of the compelling concept art that helped define the game's style and ambience. Though recent rumors suggest he left the company, Retro confirmed that he is, in fact, lending his talents to the new project.

Metroid Prime 3 is set for to hit Revolution sometime in 2006. Stay tuned for more as it develops.[/I]

It's good to know that the art and the music will be along the same lines, as they're two of the best bits of Prime and Echoes. It's also nice to know that the graphics will be improving significantly and that there will be some control options. It also shows that at least Nintendo are letting SOME developers see their controller. I can't wait.
Wed 10/08/05 at 12:06
Regular
Yeah, I didn't really like all the dark world stuff much, but I prefer lots of colour, that's why, so I liked the lava, and the (lack of) colourful scenery in that icy place (though underwater was annoyuing, and the phazon mines were rubbish at times).

There was some great bits at places though>

That big canyon where you were launched across through some ring thing looked great.
Tue 09/08/05 at 20:09
Regular
I prefer the first. The environments are just so much better.
Tue 09/08/05 at 19:50
Regular
"thursdayton!"
The-IronFlame wrote:
> Well yea Echoes seemed to have more varied environments I guess.

Really? A lot of people say what with the Fire/Ice worlds of Prime, Echoes was duller in comparison. The Light/Dark aspect worked great though so meh.
Tue 09/08/05 at 02:25
Regular
Well yea Echoes seemed to have more varied environments I guess.
I only sold it because I was playing ToS around that time and why would I want to leave a gamae like that to gather dust? :P
Tue 09/08/05 at 00:10
Regular
"thursdayton!"
I never got in to the original. Well, I did, I got to the Phazon Mines and got bored.

Echoes was a different kettle of fish however. Played it, completed it, love it. Quite the excellent title. I'm waiting for MP3 with much anticipation.
Mon 08/08/05 at 19:14
Regular
Same. Number 2 is still gathering dust on my shelf. I liked the 2d ones a lot more.
Sat 06/08/05 at 23:39
Regular
I have still failed to really get into Metroid Prime.
Sat 06/08/05 at 20:12
Regular
"bit of a brain"
huh

oh right the echo visor. Yeah, it was underused, although there were some minor enemies which you needed it for. They should have made more of it, though. It was pretty cool. Better than the thermal visor anyway.
Sat 06/08/05 at 20:11
Regular
"Jog on, sunshine"
gerrid wrote:
> The Screw Attack was great but hideously underused, because you got it
> so late in the game. I want more screwing.

I used the Screw Attack more than I used that Radar scanner, or whatever it was. Now that was underused.
Sat 06/08/05 at 20:06
Regular
"bit of a brain"
The Screw Attack was great but hideously underused, because you got it so late in the game. I want more screwing.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

First Class!
I feel that your service on this occasion was absolutely first class - a model of excellence. After this, I hope to stay with Freeola for a long time!
Best Provider
The best provider I know of, never a problem, recommend highly
Paul

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.