GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"San Andreas - Mixed Feelings..."

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

This thread has been linked to the game 'Grand Theft Auto: San Andreas'.
Sun 07/08/05 at 12:02
Regular
"@optometrytweet"
I'm currently hiring San Andreas and I have some mixed feelings about it. The gameplay is top notch (as you'd expect) but the processing of the graphics is really poor. I've never played a game with so much fogging. Scenery disappears and reappears sometimes and every now and then the whole areas textures need to be remapped. Is this the game itself or is it because I'm hiring it and the disc could be damaged?
Sun 07/08/05 at 13:40
"Retarded List"
In my opinion, the graphics are fine. That said, it is annoying when the textures don't even load properly. It happens quite frequently too...

Gameplay's top-notch though.
Sun 07/08/05 at 12:36
Regular
"The definitive tag"
monkey_man wrote:
> Dude, you're lucky you're not playing the PS2 version.

Oh come on, it's not that much worse.
Sun 07/08/05 at 12:13
Regular
Sounds to me like you might have a scratched disk or it might be the drive in your Xbox. The graphics certainly aren't brilliant and there is a fair amount of pop in at times, but it's not as bad as you've described.
Sun 07/08/05 at 12:09
Regular
"Ow Yer"
hippyman wrote:
> I'm currently hiring San Andreas and I have some mixed feelings about
> it. The gameplay is top notch (as you'd expect) but the processing
> of the graphics is really poor. I've never played a game with so
> much fogging. Scenery disappears and reappears sometimes and every
> now and then the whole areas textures need to be remapped. Is this
> the game itself or is it because I'm hiring it and the disc could be
> damaged?

I think the game play is just typical gta and I like it that way(I hate change lol) the graphics are good enough and even if they really! sucked people would still buy gta because you can do what you want when you want, and what to you expect when SA is just one big map with no loading between areas.
Sun 07/08/05 at 12:07
Regular
"Pouch Ape"
Dude, you're lucky you're not playing the PS2 version.
Sun 07/08/05 at 12:02
Regular
"@optometrytweet"
I'm currently hiring San Andreas and I have some mixed feelings about it. The gameplay is top notch (as you'd expect) but the processing of the graphics is really poor. I've never played a game with so much fogging. Scenery disappears and reappears sometimes and every now and then the whole areas textures need to be remapped. Is this the game itself or is it because I'm hiring it and the disc could be damaged?

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

The coolest ISP ever!
In my opinion, the ISP is the best I have ever used. They guarantee 'first time connection - everytime', which they have never let me down on.
My website looks tremendous!
Fantastic site, easy to follow, simple guides... impressed with whole package. My website looks tremendous. You don't need to be a rocket scientist to set this up, Freeola helps you step-by-step.
Susan

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.