GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Banning the newbies from life."

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Fri 14/03/03 at 17:08
Regular
I personally believe the idea is completely pointless.

I’ve been signed up with the badgermaniac name for over 800 days, which is a lot longer than most of you ‘Regulars’, and in this time I have read a lot of the topics and replies that are posted this particular part of the forum. I must say guys, I’m not totally impressed.

The way you guys will probably see it is:
“Hmm SHEEPY has made a post on the life forum, I’ll go check it out” *reads it* “wow that was quite good! Now me being a regular who is scraping at the chance of being a notable, should really try my very hardest to make an interesting and impressive reply, thus making this notable respect me” and so forth…

But when you see that a JAT or newbie has a made a post I believe that more often than not you guys simply ignore it, or give it a once over not really thinking about what this person is saying. For all you know this guy could be the pope and you wouldn’t have a clue. Even if the guy posts “I am the friggin Pope you nutters!” You probably wouldn’t take any notice.

When the minority of you do actually post a reply to the post, it is usually a very effortless, “yeah, blah blah blah” reply.

SOME of you guys are like a stupid bull. You see red, you charge with anger and supreme pointless rage.

I am not referring to all of you crazy people, some of you lot make some pretty decent posts that make me think a lot, but I can never really be that bothered to reply.

The people that I am referring too will probably be in total disagreement with me, and most others will too, but this is just a very obvious pattern than I have noticed when reading through these forums.
Fri 14/03/03 at 17:08
Regular
"Uve Got 2 b The Bes"
I personally believe the idea is completely pointless.

I’ve been signed up with the badgermaniac name for over 800 days, which is a lot longer than most of you ‘Regulars’, and in this time I have read a lot of the topics and replies that are posted this particular part of the forum. I must say guys, I’m not totally impressed.

The way you guys will probably see it is:
“Hmm SHEEPY has made a post on the life forum, I’ll go check it out” *reads it* “wow that was quite good! Now me being a regular who is scraping at the chance of being a notable, should really try my very hardest to make an interesting and impressive reply, thus making this notable respect me” and so forth…

But when you see that a JAT or newbie has a made a post I believe that more often than not you guys simply ignore it, or give it a once over not really thinking about what this person is saying. For all you know this guy could be the pope and you wouldn’t have a clue. Even if the guy posts “I am the friggin Pope you nutters!” You probably wouldn’t take any notice.

When the minority of you do actually post a reply to the post, it is usually a very effortless, “yeah, blah blah blah” reply.

SOME of you guys are like a stupid bull. You see red, you charge with anger and supreme pointless rage.

I am not referring to all of you crazy people, some of you lot make some pretty decent posts that make me think a lot, but I can never really be that bothered to reply.

The people that I am referring too will probably be in total disagreement with me, and most others will too, but this is just a very obvious pattern than I have noticed when reading through these forums.
Fri 14/03/03 at 17:11
Regular
"Orbiting Uranus"
Just out of interest. If you can't be bothered to reply to topics then why are you bothered that in future you may not be able to reply to topics.
Fri 14/03/03 at 17:13
Regular
"Uve Got 2 b The Bes"
On random occasions I like to post something in here.
Fri 14/03/03 at 17:16
Regular
"Brownium Motion"
I usually try to answer newbie as best as I can but when they say something that is clearly cretinous like "I am the figgin Pope", I give them the respect they duly deserve. That is to say, none.
Fri 14/03/03 at 17:21
Regular
"Cardboard Tube Ninj"
I ARE TEH POPEH!!!
Fri 14/03/03 at 17:21
Regular
can't be bothered to read this. its by some stupid n00b..........
Fri 14/03/03 at 17:27
Regular
"Bounty housewife..."
...who just had another stupid post deleted from a Life forum topic.
Fri 14/03/03 at 17:29
Regular
"Uve Got 2 b The Bes"
Unbeliever wrote:
> I usually try to answer newbie as best as I can but when they say
> something that is clearly cretinous like "I am the figgin
> Pope", I give them the respect they duly deserve. That is to say,
> none.

That pope thing was not to be taken literraly, it was an example of how regulars ignore the content of a newbies post. Which ironicly you have helped me to proove.
Fri 14/03/03 at 17:31
Regular
"Uve Got 2 b The Bes"
Flanders wrote:
> ...who just had another stupid post deleted from a Life forum topic.

Well it wasn't. Your fantastic notable friend made a stupid and usless post, which had no real meaning.

Hypocrits all of you, including me.
Fri 14/03/03 at 17:52
Regular
"Wanking Mong"
Well, without wishing to sound more smug than usual, I'm a newbie and I haven't had any difficulties. Sorry badger, but there you have it...

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

The coolest ISP ever!
In my opinion, the ISP is the best I have ever used. They guarantee 'first time connection - everytime', which they have never let me down on.
Thank you very much for your help!
Top service for free - excellent - thank you very much for your help.

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.