GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"is sony trying to rip us off?"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Tue 16/01/01 at 19:30
Regular
I was reading some previews of the forthcoming final fantasy games , and one of them is to be played on the internet. all the the other games if played fully can be played for 100 hours or more, so can you imagine that on your phone bill? Also who is going to provide internet access. whoever it is, they stand to make an amazing amount of profit. millions of people, all playing for 100 hours on the internet will cost a lot. and ar we going to be able to get the same deals we do now with 5 £ a month unmetered access after 6.? i live at home and dont pay the bills now but i could imagine my mum's face with 4-500£ phone bills.

What about the hard drive as well? how much is that going to cost? If I shell out 300£ for a ps2 i do not expect to pay another 100£ for the second half.
It seems to me that sony are taking liberties with us every step of the way. even when we first bought our ps2's we had to pay 100£ more than our american counterparts. Makes you think don"t it?
Tue 16/01/01 at 19:30
I was reading some previews of the forthcoming final fantasy games , and one of them is to be played on the internet. all the the other games if played fully can be played for 100 hours or more, so can you imagine that on your phone bill? Also who is going to provide internet access. whoever it is, they stand to make an amazing amount of profit. millions of people, all playing for 100 hours on the internet will cost a lot. and ar we going to be able to get the same deals we do now with 5 £ a month unmetered access after 6.? i live at home and dont pay the bills now but i could imagine my mum's face with 4-500£ phone bills.

What about the hard drive as well? how much is that going to cost? If I shell out 300£ for a ps2 i do not expect to pay another 100£ for the second half.
It seems to me that sony are taking liberties with us every step of the way. even when we first bought our ps2's we had to pay 100£ more than our american counterparts. Makes you think don"t it?
Tue 16/01/01 at 19:48
Regular
"Excommunicated"
I am listening to music on a brilliant Sony CD Walkmen at the moment

Its a BEAUUUUUUUUUTIFULLLLLL DAAAAAAAAYYYYY! Name the band!
Tue 16/01/01 at 19:53
"possibly impossible"
Gerry and the Pacemakers?
Tue 16/01/01 at 19:54
SHEEPY wrote:
> I am listening to music on a brilliant Sony CD Walkmen at the
> moment

Its a BEAUUUUUUUUUTIFULLLLLL DAAAAAAAAYYYYY! Name the
> band!

what the hell is this, i asked if you thought sony was ripping us off.

and its u2
Tue 16/01/01 at 19:56
Regular
"Excommunicated"
AHHHHHHH stop moaning I am doing Maths and it is boring so I am sorry I only had enough time to read the title and gave a valid answer I was not ripped off!

And it was U2 well done, now I am onto Coldplay!

I never meant to cause you trobule!
Tue 16/01/01 at 20:03
"possibly impossible"
Sony are only doing what every other hardware manufacturer does and releasing the console first, with other options (that you don't really need to run the games) to follow, thereby allowing people to buy the console and choose their upgrade path after.

The PS2's internet access is allegedly broadband, from what I understand. This would mean that a lot of people are not going to be able to afford to switch their connection, let alone have money for the ISP that Sony will no doubt set up. If they provide a choice of 56k as well then it's not so bad.

So, no, I don't think Sony are ripping people off, they are just competing in a market that does the same as they are doing now.
Tue 16/01/01 at 20:04
Regular
Yeah. I'm putting Coldplay on now as well.
Tue 16/01/01 at 20:06
Get a grip, maybe ill do a Va!
Tue 16/01/01 at 20:09
"possibly impossible"
Okay, haven't got Coldplay, and I'm at work (again) so I'll go for (looks in CD case) Travis I think, it's that or Crowded House. No, Travis it is.
Tue 16/01/01 at 20:22
Regular
"Excommunicated"
Travis are the best!!!!!! well done you all have good taste in Music!

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Top-notch internet service
Excellent internet service and customer service. Top-notch in replying to my comments.
Duncan
Everybody thinks I am an IT genius...
Nothing but admiration. I have been complimented on the church site that I manage through you and everybody thinks I am an IT genius. Your support is unquestionably outstanding.
Brian

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.