GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Latest OXM demo disk..."

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Sun 07/08/05 at 21:24
Regular
Rainbow Six : Lockdown - Only playable online, but suprisingly really good. A hell of a step up from Rainbow Six 3, the new RPG like mode looks to have a ton more depth than any of the previous online Rainbow games I've played. Me think team tactics and working together will be a must with all the new classes and ways of interacting with the levels.

Incredible Hulk : Ultimate Destruction - Amazing fun! I fear it might be quite short lived, but damn the demo's addictive. Definetly one I'll be picking up when it comes down in price.

Fahrenheit - This is an interesting one. Not sure if I actually like it, it's intriguing I must admit, probably one I'll pick up at bargain price eventually as I doubt it'll sell well.

Brian Lara Cricket - A cricket game? muuuuuuuur

Scooby Doo - Yeah, completly rubbish.

Other than that there's not much else to speak of on the disk. The videos of that Dead Rising game on 360 look freaking awesome, but nothing else worth noting.

Next months demos are....

Far Cry Instincts
Conflict : Global Terror
Evil Dead Regeneration
Burnout : Revenge
Heroes of the pacific (Xbox Live enabled)
Mavel Nemesis : Rise of the imperfects

I'll be getting the disk solely for Far Cry.
Tue 16/08/05 at 00:13
Regular
"Da num.01 rapper"
What date is the next edition coming out?
Thu 11/08/05 at 11:38
Regular
"Im a Daddy :-)"
1000 may just be to many. While on this subject, the pictures of quake 4 look a bit naff! blury textures and pointy heads. Its using the same Doom engine as Prey but looks nowhere as good. The new need for speed also looked a bit rubbish in the video I saw.
Wed 10/08/05 at 22:21
Regular
"Ruddie1"
The idea of all those zombies sounds good but is anyone else thinking that say 1000 mite be too much? I mean come on a 1000 in a subway( not the roll place!) you wouldn't have a chance of getting away!
Wed 10/08/05 at 21:01
Regular
Dead rising just doesent do it for me! Now Possesion that sounds wicked.
Tue 09/08/05 at 22:05
Regular
Dead Rising looks awesome.

How the hell have you worked out that Xbox could run a game with about 1000 zombies on screen at one time?

I love zombies and that game just looks awesome.

Prey just looks like generic Xbox 360 shooter number 200. Nice graphics but nothing much else, I'm fed up of shooting dull aliens in their even duller surroundings.
Tue 09/08/05 at 19:15
Regular
Dead rising did look like the xbox 1 could have run it, But then so have some of the other games Ive seen vids for so far. Dead or alive sure looked good but nothing that special considering the jump in system power. Prey looks really good, I think Prey will be joining PGR3 when I get my 360!
Tue 09/08/05 at 17:09
Regular
"Ruddie1"
Dead Rising looked pants? Sure you dont mean Prey? Now that looked good!!
Tue 09/08/05 at 16:14
Regular
Roll on naxt months disk as this months was rubbish apart from the 360 videos.

that was ment to say next!
Mon 08/08/05 at 22:38
Regular
"Just Bog Standard.."
Tiltawhirl wrote:
> Yeah, it's a strange one.
>
> From the looks of the videos and the small part of the game in the
> demo, it's a sort of hybrid of the old skool adventure games.
>
> It's hard to work out exactly what the story's about from the demo,
> it's certainly not a run of the mill detective thing though.
> Definetly a game I'd like to give a go when it comes out, I'm sure
> it'll sell terribly though.

I have an interactive demo of Fahrenheit. It's really quite interesting, plays like a movie but you call all the shots, and every decision you make changes how the game develops. I'll certainly be getting this one when it's released.
Mon 08/08/05 at 01:40
Regular
"Touched!"
So is Lockdown looking like one to buy? I just didn't think it looked that good from the vid's I've seen..how are the graphics compared to Black Arrow? I found that game so sluggish sometimes. any control improvements?

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

First Class!
I feel that your service on this occasion was absolutely first class - a model of excellence. After this, I hope to stay with Freeola for a long time!
Easy and free service!
I think it's fab that you provide an easy-to-follow service, and even better that it's free...!
Cerrie

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.