GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"MySQL Database Service Live For All Freeola Users"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Thu 13/03/03 at 15:06
Regular
Following on from our earlier release of optional MySQL services for Freeola Broadband customers, this service is now available to all Freeola users.

The service features unlimited tables and web-based admin in the form of PHPMyAdmin. Additionally, you can connect via other MySQL front ends (such as MySQL Front) if you are connected to the Internet via a Freeola connection.

Users of the Freeola 0845 Dial-up service can purchase MySQL database option for six months or a year at a cost of £18 or £36 excluding VAT.

Users of the Freeola Broadband ADSL service can add this service to their monthly direct debit (£3 per month excluding VAT).

If you'd like to take advantage of this service just login to your control panel at http://freeola.com/control and hit the MySQL option.

Regards,
Danny

**This message was modified to reflect correct pricing
Thu 13/03/03 at 15:06
Regular
"Fruit makes you far"
Following on from our earlier release of optional MySQL services for Freeola Broadband customers, this service is now available to all Freeola users.

The service features unlimited tables and web-based admin in the form of PHPMyAdmin. Additionally, you can connect via other MySQL front ends (such as MySQL Front) if you are connected to the Internet via a Freeola connection.

Users of the Freeola 0845 Dial-up service can purchase MySQL database option for six months or a year at a cost of £18 or £36 excluding VAT.

Users of the Freeola Broadband ADSL service can add this service to their monthly direct debit (£3 per month excluding VAT).

If you'd like to take advantage of this service just login to your control panel at http://freeola.com/control and hit the MySQL option.

Regards,
Danny

**This message was modified to reflect correct pricing
Thu 13/03/03 at 15:36
Regular
"Devil in disguise"
Torquay United! wrote:
> Users of the Freeola 0845 Dial-up service can purchase MySQL database
> option for six months or a year at a cost of £30 or £60
> excluding VAT.

Cant help but feel I'm missing something, 70 pound (60 + VAT) a year for mysql use. If I add in the purchase of a domain. I'm spending nearly 100 pound for hosting and I still have to use the dial up? Doesn't sound competitive on those terms somehow. :)

But as I said, have the feeling I'm missing something regarding costs?
Thu 13/03/03 at 15:53
Regular
"Chavez, just hush.."
I was waiting for someone to mention something like that...

I look at another hosting company and see what they offer:

Applications:
Software worth £400

Website/Connectivity:
600 MB Web space
Unlimited FTP access
10,000 MB/month traffic

Domain names:
25 sub domains

Email Handling:
200 Email accounts ("POP3 Boxes")
1,000 additional Email addresses ("aliases")
Auto-responders, forwarding, Webmail...

Website features:
Graphical site statistics, logfiles, ready to run CGI-library, own CGI programming, FrontPage 2002 extensions...
PHP3 & PHP4, MySQL database

Just the key points there, that costs £8.99 a month...

Although Freeola still have the best package for basic sites, professional sites which would be changing their pages more frequently and would use features like MySQL will have many better offers...

For what I want Freeola is great for me, it's just that larger sites can find much better offers than that...
Thu 13/03/03 at 16:36
Regular
"It goes so quickly"
It's cool that you now have MySQL on the accounts .... but wouldn't you think £70 for a year is a tad to high for just MySQL???
Thu 13/03/03 at 17:01
Regular
"Fruit makes you far"
OK OK, hell I admit it, I've put the old prices up, it's my fault, no-one elses - they made me do it.

It is the Thursday from hell today, believe me.

Sorry for the confusion. The price is £3 excluding VAT per month which puts 6 months at £18 and 12 months at £36.

This price applies to both 0845 and Broadband ADSL customers.

I will now report back to the asylum.

Danny
Thu 13/03/03 at 17:04
Regular
"Chavez, just hush.."
You have to wonder sometimes!

Still, you thought about £60 a year?

No wonder they changed it!
Thu 13/03/03 at 17:10
Regular
"It goes so quickly"
Well, that's not a bad price :)

Is there any particular limit to the Databases?? Size, how many connections a day/hour etc???
Thu 13/03/03 at 17:11
Regular
"It goes so quickly"
Your control panel is broke :)

I tried loggin in and got this:

Warning: Can't connect to MySQL server on 'db.freeola.enta.net' (49) in /usr/freeola/admins/shared/apache/ htdocs/control/library/database.func on line 7

Warning: MySQL Connection Failed: Can't connect to MySQL server on 'db.freeola.enta.net' (49) in /usr/freeola/admins/shared/apache/ htdocs/control/library/database.func on line 7

Warning: mysql_query(): supplied argument is not a valid MySQL-Link resource in /usr/freeola/admins/shared/apache/ htdocs/control/cpnew3/includes/authenticate.func on line 13

Warning: Cannot add header information - headers already sent by (output started at /usr/freeola/admins/shared/apache/ htdocs/control/library/database.func:7) in /usr/freeola/admins/shared/apache/ htdocs/control/cpnew3/controlheader.include on line 12
Thu 13/03/03 at 17:13
Regular
"Fruit makes you far"
Sorry, I can't answer your questions at the moment.

I'm still recovering from my punishment for getting it all wrong ;-)

Danny
Thu 13/03/03 at 17:15
Regular
"It goes so quickly"
It's alright, its let me in now :)

I see there are no limits to tables which is good, and you only say that we need to connected via the dial-up number if we want to use our own SQL manager .... meaning if we use PHPmyAdmin, we can use out alternative connections, would this be correct???

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Everybody thinks I am an IT genius...
Nothing but admiration. I have been complimented on the church site that I manage through you and everybody thinks I am an IT genius. Your support is unquestionably outstanding.
Brian
LOVE it....
You have made it so easy to build & host a website!!!
Gemma

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.