GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"BF2 Gun Unlocks"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

This thread has been linked to the game 'Battlefield 2'.
Tue 09/08/05 at 10:20
Regular
"serenity now!"
Thought I'd start a new thread rather than stick it in with the other.

What guns has everyone chosen for their unlocks? I go the Medic L8something with my first account, which was OK - nice zoom, but horribly inaccurate on full-auto. On my new account I unlocked the DAO-12 shotgun for anti-tank, which just rules. It may only work at short ranges, but the MP5 is horrible at any range.

Really happy with the DAO-12 but the PKM looks fun too. Is the PKM the gun in the bottom screenshot here: [URL]http://specialreserve.co.uk/Battlefield-2-Modern_1860_r.html[/URL] ?
Tue 09/08/05 at 10:20
Regular
"serenity now!"
Thought I'd start a new thread rather than stick it in with the other.

What guns has everyone chosen for their unlocks? I go the Medic L8something with my first account, which was OK - nice zoom, but horribly inaccurate on full-auto. On my new account I unlocked the DAO-12 shotgun for anti-tank, which just rules. It may only work at short ranges, but the MP5 is horrible at any range.

Really happy with the DAO-12 but the PKM looks fun too. Is the PKM the gun in the bottom screenshot here: [URL]http://specialreserve.co.uk/Battlefield-2-Modern_1860_r.html[/URL] ?
Tue 09/08/05 at 11:09
Regular
"hulagadoo"
Yeah thats the PKM, and the gun I shall be choosing to unlock I stole it from a dead guy and liked it a lot :D
Tue 09/08/05 at 11:10
Regular
"Captain to you."
I got the other Spec-ops gun, it's such an improvement a bit more damage and alot more accurate, 3 bullets are normally enough to take out any class without armour.
Tue 09/08/05 at 11:16
Regular
"serenity now!"
Chippxero wrote:
> the other Spec-ops gun

Yeah, but you lose that laser sight which I love. I picked it up once though, and it did seem pretty accurate - I'll consider it for my next unlock, mainly because I quite enjoy playing Spec Ops anyway.
Tue 09/08/05 at 11:24
Regular
"Captain to you."
Yeah i only play spec ops, the new gun you can snipe with and hit every time, you just don't get the extreme zoom like the proper rifle.
Tue 09/08/05 at 11:33
Regular
"Pouch Ape"
I've started playing either Spec Ops or Anti-Tank, shying away from sniper as they're quite limited in the long run.
Tue 09/08/05 at 12:03
Regular
I went for the assault rifle unlock, seeing as I play that the most (purely because I forget to change kit). It looked quite good, but I didn't realise it had no grenade launcher. Still it's a lot more accurate, although the clips run out in no time.
Tue 09/08/05 at 12:35
Regular
"hulagadoo"
J Nash wrote:
> I went for the assault rifle unlock, seeing as I play that the most
> (purely because I forget to change kit). It looked quite good, but I
> didn't realise it had no grenade launcher. Still it's a lot more
> accurate, although the clips run out in no time.

Whats in place of the grenade launcher?
Tue 09/08/05 at 12:36
Regular
Nothing, you just lose the grenade launcher.
Tue 09/08/05 at 12:39
You get proper grenades though.

I went for the M95 sniper rifle. It's ok, I guess, but I'd rather have got the PKM.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Unrivalled services
Freeola has to be one of, if not the best, ISP around as the services they offer seem unrivalled.
Top-notch internet service
Excellent internet service and customer service. Top-notch in replying to my comments.
Duncan

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.