GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Spec headache"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Tue 09/08/05 at 16:13
Regular
"Im a Daddy :-)"
What ever people say these days specs matter to people for different reasons, maybe its just knowing that they have the most bits or bytes and enough HD space to fit it all in 20 times.

Over the last few days Ive been reading up on the spec war to end all spec wars, thats the Xbox 360 vs PS3 of course. This time things seem to have gone way past Sony and Microsoft putting the whole console in the ring, as this time everyone is getting involed from the different part company's! from memory to storage to controlers to connections to the biggest offenders the cpus and the graphics. After reading it all Ive realized that you cannt trust anthing that any of these people are saying because if you read between the lines they all have a reason to back the system they are talking about.

Whats all your views on this spec war, and does it matter? For me the Xbox360 will be the system I buy, mainly because I have been happy with the xbox and the way things are done, and the games.
Fri 12/08/05 at 19:16
Regular
Now that info is starting to leak out about the revolution specs, what effect do you think it will have on the 360 PS3 battle?
Thu 11/08/05 at 11:52
Regular
Lets hope they finish what they started this time with Halo, also please no graphic glitches this time! One of the things that stood out for me with the first game was how solid it was, The second just didnt have that feel all the time.
Wed 10/08/05 at 21:00
Regular
"8==="
I probably won't get the PS3 at launch.

Not if the Halo 3 launch is at the same time.
Wed 10/08/05 at 20:58
Regular
After thinking about it, there is a good chance that I will get both. But I wouldnt get the PS3 right away on release like Im planning for the 360.

And just to and to the opening post and being honest... I like all the knowing all the specs and stuff, but dont really know why?
Wed 10/08/05 at 12:35
Regular
Go find the artice about the PS3 and Xbox 360 and www.anandtech.com if you want the least biased view on the new console architectures.
Wed 10/08/05 at 00:00
Regular
"8==="
On paper the specs seem pretty even.

I'm getting both but the one I feel has the best controller/is best for multi-format releases will be the one I use the most.
Tue 09/08/05 at 23:21
"Tesco value"
Meh... get both
Tue 09/08/05 at 16:13
Regular
What ever people say these days specs matter to people for different reasons, maybe its just knowing that they have the most bits or bytes and enough HD space to fit it all in 20 times.

Over the last few days Ive been reading up on the spec war to end all spec wars, thats the Xbox 360 vs PS3 of course. This time things seem to have gone way past Sony and Microsoft putting the whole console in the ring, as this time everyone is getting involed from the different part company's! from memory to storage to controlers to connections to the biggest offenders the cpus and the graphics. After reading it all Ive realized that you cannt trust anthing that any of these people are saying because if you read between the lines they all have a reason to back the system they are talking about.

Whats all your views on this spec war, and does it matter? For me the Xbox360 will be the system I buy, mainly because I have been happy with the xbox and the way things are done, and the games.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Great services and friendly support
I have been a subscriber to your service for more than 9 yrs. I have got at least 12 other people to sign up to Freeola. This is due to the great services offered and the responsive friendly support.
Second to none...
So far the services you provide are second to none. Keep up the good work.
Andy

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.