GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"I've broken my USB minidrive!"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Wed 12/03/03 at 20:52
Regular
A few months ago, I think I managed to re-format my USB minidrive (don't ask me why), but (not surprising) I can no long access it.

Any ideas lads/lasses, as it would really come in handy round about now! :-(
Sun 16/03/03 at 08:09
Regular
"PC Gaming Founder"
'Tis ok peepz. I remembered exactly what I did all those months ago, and have now sorted the problem. :)

I'd started my machine with my XP disc in the drive, and went into setup. Then, for some random reason, I decided to delete a 50-odd meg partition that have appeared out of nowhere. Literally seconds later, I realised that it was USB minidrive, and what a dreadful mistake I'd made!

And then, for another inexplicable reason, I only came up with the bright idea of creating a new partition on it using Windows set-up the other day!

So, all's well and good. Sorry for your time peeps. :)
Sat 15/03/03 at 23:30
Regular
Im so not funny.
Thu 13/03/03 at 22:57
Regular
erm,no coment ( walks away knowing that amd man is right)
Thu 13/03/03 at 22:36
Regular
unfortunatly sr are usually always behind the times with stuff like that.

sorry sr but it's true.

c.b.
Thu 13/03/03 at 22:28
Regular
128meg max ha ha, ive seen them at a gig and more, the ones at my work are 512MB.

c.b.
Wed 12/03/03 at 22:55
Regular
formated it.

Its not much to delete there only 128mb MAX!!!

So you formated a few month ago, i doubt thats the problem

Try plugging it in to another usb port. possibly if your using a hub it may affect it.

Try other usb devices in your usb port to check that the port is ok.

Do you use windows xp?

And do you require drivers if so try re installing them.
Wed 12/03/03 at 21:12
Regular
"bing bang bong"
Tried formatting it again? Does it detect the drive when you plug it in? Are there any error messages? Have you even turned your PC on?

A bit more information would be handy. Help us help you.
Wed 12/03/03 at 20:52
Regular
"PC Gaming Founder"
A few months ago, I think I managed to re-format my USB minidrive (don't ask me why), but (not surprising) I can no long access it.

Any ideas lads/lasses, as it would really come in handy round about now! :-(

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

10/10
Over the years I've become very jaded after many bad experiences with customer services, you have bucked the trend. Polite and efficient from the Freeola team, well done to all involved.
Brilliant service.
Love it, love it, love it!
Christopher

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.