GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"New Printer"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Tue 11/03/03 at 22:54
Regular
Right im thinking of buying a new printer just wanted to know what any of you could suggest?

I want a cheapish one, but good to great quality and fast willing to pay around £75-£100 any help will be much appericated (if spelt wrong sorry)
Wed 12/03/03 at 01:31
Regular
"Want a cd key.."
Nasty boy wrote:
> anyway,cant be bothered reading that
>

Pfft.
Tue 11/03/03 at 23:49
Regular
anyway,cant be bothered reading that

I know lemark cardriges are expensive but i got mine in october, and ive used no more than 10% ,ive printed out around 100 cd covers ,so far! doing well.
Tue 11/03/03 at 23:43
Regular
"Psytrance junkie"
Right, general advice being as I sell these every weekend, heh:

As a general use desktop printer right now, for documents with some images and occasional photos, get the Epson C82. Should be able to find for about £99, it's nice a quick for an inkjet (they claim 22ppm, but based on unrealistic idea of a "page"), and gives a very good quality output. I'd certainly recommend it over the C62 which, despite giving a similar quality output, will cost a hell of a lot more in the long run - for example, black ink cartridges for each should be almost exactly the same price, yet the C62 cartridge has 17ml of ink and the C82 one has 33ml; almost twice as much. The paper feed has also been redesigned, to try and reduce the problems of paper jams (most common fault in epson printers), and you can also take advantage of the lovely Epson Express service, a replacement printer on the spot if it can't be fixed there and is in warranty.Final big benefit - 3 separate colour ink cartridges, each containing more than you'd get in a combined colour cartridge, so although the cost is slightly higher, you get more ink and only have to replace the colour that runs out rather than the whole cartridge.

If you want to be doing regular photos, have a look at their photo range of printers - I can't remember the price of the cheaper models, I think the photo 915 at £179 is the cheapest we regularly have in, but you may be able to find a slightly older one. They have light cyan and light magenta, which both help greatly when printing skin tones or sky/sea images - normally to produce lighter colours, the dots are spread apart on the page, and this reduction of the density can produce a visible grainy effect, avoided by having lighter versions of the colours available to print at full denstity. However, all of this series are slower at printing text, and also less economical, and you don't get colour cartridge models till past the photo 950. They do have nice built in card readers after the 915 though..

As far as other makes go, Lexmark have very expensive media, and are often harder to track down, and HP seem to have fallen behind slightly in the inkjet market at the moment, Epson the best to go for in my opinion.

Fifi: Determined to prove that not all pc sales people are clueless. go on, I even do answering questions without running to get a supervisor.
Tue 11/03/03 at 23:27
Regular
"One Of A Kind"
Jive wrote:
> Only thing I will say, check out the cost of new cartridges. Both HP
> and Epson charge a fortune for a new one and even the costs of the non
> originals are expensive.

Thanks im sure someone told me though that epson cartridges were cheap but you had replace more compared to the lexmark we have at moment must have been something else
Tue 11/03/03 at 23:12
Regular
"Cigar smoker"
Epson or HP, you can't really go wrong with them.

Only thing I will say, check out the cost of new cartridges. Both HP and Epson charge a fortune for a new one and even the costs of the non originals are expensive.
Tue 11/03/03 at 23:11
Regular
well

You can buy any good printer really for that much

HP printers aint as good as they used to be, I have a lemark z35 and that was only 50, so maybe a few up will do the trick

If you want quality go for the photo printers, but the paper is expensive and so is the ink.
Tue 11/03/03 at 22:54
Regular
"One Of A Kind"
Right im thinking of buying a new printer just wanted to know what any of you could suggest?

I want a cheapish one, but good to great quality and fast willing to pay around £75-£100 any help will be much appericated (if spelt wrong sorry)

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Brilliant service.
Love it, love it, love it!
Christopher
Everybody thinks I am an IT genius...
Nothing but admiration. I have been complimented on the church site that I manage through you and everybody thinks I am an IT genius. Your support is unquestionably outstanding.
Brian

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.